Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 06:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
You are about two miles SW of my location.

My roommate was arguing with me that it could have been an accident but I don't see how. Surely not the wind. The plastic house number was smashed into several pieces and it appears the bulb is out as well.
Wind can do wonderous things. And localized conditions can cause impossible damage.

In one incident a couple of years ago a strip across Sun City Summerlin about 1/4 mile wide lost all their skylights. And a couple of the homes looked like they had been attacked with a sledge hammer. The stucco was actually blasted off window ledges exposing the styrofoam underneath. Local hale and high wind did it.

In the wind last week a couple of homes we know of lost enough roof tile to need emergency repairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 06:11 PM

628 posts, read 398,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Wind can do wonderous things. And localized conditions can cause impossible damage.

In one incident a couple of years ago a strip across Sun City Summerlin about 1/4 mile wide lost all their skylights. And a couple of the homes looked like they had been attacked with a sledge hammer. The stucco was actually blasted off window ledges exposing the styrofoam underneath. Local hale and high wind did it.

In the wind last week a couple of homes we know of lost enough roof tile to need emergency repairs.
It immediately annoyed me and there I was on the phone with NLV police dispatch at six am.

I am the type of person that worries about everything and it just seemed bizarre and random to me at the time. I do agree with you that the wind here is no joke, especially lately.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:09 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
I was outside spraying the mud off my car just a bit ago.
3 kids on bikes roll by.
Then *bam another kids nails a car across the street.
I stop what I'm doing and make them go tell the people they hit the car.

I have a 39 caddy outside with original paint. I'd be absolutely urinated if I came out and found damage on it.

People have no respect.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:55 AM

Almost missed my fifty dollar cheesecake factory order last night due to the sociopath cretin that mutilated the house number.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:29 PM

661 posts, read 631,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
You are about two miles SW of my location.

My roommate was arguing with me that it could have been an accident but I don't see how. Surely not the wind. The plastic house number was smashed into several pieces and it appears the bulb is out as well.
2 months ago, wind blew 1/2" plywood from the builder staging area and flew over our house and hit the neighbor's roof. It damaged roof tiles and side.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
2 months ago, wind blew 1/2" plywood from the builder staging area and flew over our house and hit the neighbor's roof. It damaged roof tiles and side.
I guess I should have an open mind that it could have been the wind.

I have been made a believer the past week or so, especially with me being deployed on foot and down range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas