Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:48 PM

661 posts, read 631,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I am an advocate for North Las Vegas. East of the I-15 is generally not very good in my opinion.
But at the same time be sure to explore and judge for yourself.

I find that parts of downtown and along Maryland Parkway to be worse than North Vegas. I am down near Maryland Parkway and Desert Inn on the weekends and I have witnessed some crazy stuff down there and encountered some seriously deranged individuals.
I would have to agree. Most people don't realize <10% of NLV is east of I-15. They also confuse Downtown Las Vegas and surrounding area as North Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 06:23 PM

395 posts, read 272,616 times
What area would be considered old Henderson?

Old 03-07-2019, 06:56 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
During the day walking around Downtown Las Vegas didn’t feel unsafe to me, but it felt oddly desolate like if someone sketchy had approached us, there weren’t a lot of people around really. I’m hopeful for the future of Downtown though, I think there is good stuff going on, and there are a lot of companies basing large warehouses or already having large warehouses in North Las Vegas. Plus that awesome new cinema that just went in, not exactly sure where it is, but they have the D-Box theater which is pretty sweet.

People say Northwestern Summerlin closer to North Las Vegas than the rest has more property crimes, though I’m not sure if that’s true or not. I guess it would make sense.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:58 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,057,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
What area would be considered old Henderson?
Water St area north to the city line.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
During the day walking around Downtown Las Vegas didn’t feel unsafe to me, but it felt oddly desolate like if someone sketchy had approached us, there weren’t a lot of people around really. I’m hopeful for the future of Downtown though, I think there is good stuff going on, and there are a lot of companies basing large warehouses or already having large warehouses in North Las Vegas. Plus that awesome new cinema that just went in, not exactly sure where it is, but they have the D-Box theater which is pretty sweet.

People say Northwestern Summerlin closer to North Las Vegas than the rest has more property crimes, though I’m not sure if that’s true or not. I guess it would make sense.
The Maya theatres are on Las Vegas Blvd across from the Silver Nugget in NLV.

The area North/east of Rampart & Lake Mead Blvd near Desert Shores is becoming troubled. I haven't heard about Northwestern Summerlin. Lake Mead Blvd runs straight into the bad part of NLV into Nellis/Sunrise Manor. Locally, that section of NLV and is referred to as "Northtown". It is the part of Vegas featured on Cops and Gangland.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post

The area North/east of Rampart & Lake Mead Blvd near Desert Shores is becoming troubled. I haven't heard about Northwestern Summerlin. Lake Mead Blvd runs straight into the bad part of NLV into Nellis/Sunrise Manor. Locally, that section of NLV and is referred to as "Northtown". It is the part of Vegas featured on Cops and Gangland.
Your geography is busted. The area "North/east" of Rampart & Lake Mead is South Shore and Desert Shores. There is nothing going on in that area. Most people cannot even tell when one stops and the other starts.

There is a problem at the SE corner of Rampart and Cheyenne due to the condo conversion known as the Villas which has been trouble since converted. But that is in Desert Shores.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:41 PM

628 posts, read 397,920 times
Quote:

And I would like to point out even though most of you know this already, that crummy 89106 zip code that I was in is still the city of Las Vegas and not NLV.

I used to change buses at Lake Mead and North LV Blvd. and that area was extremely troubled as in people sleeping in the middle of a parking lot, people with bare feet walking around, and people drinking beer right at the bus stop. Actually I am not sure if that is still 89106 or not. It may not be considered North Las Vegas.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
And I would like to point out even though most of you know this already, that crummy 89106 zip code that I was in is still the city of Las Vegas and not NLV.

I used to change buses at Lake Mead and North LV Blvd. and that area was extremely troubled as in people sleeping in the middle of a parking lot, people with bare feet walking around, and people drinking beer right at the bus stop. Actually I am not sure if that is still 89106 or not. It may not be considered North Las Vegas.
It's hard to say where you actually are sometimes in the northwestern part of the valley without looking at a map. One block can be zoned NLV, the next one City of Las Vegas, the next one unincorporated Clark county, and the next one BLM(federal).

Old 03-07-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your geography is busted. The area "North/east" of Rampart & Lake Mead is South Shore and Desert Shores. There is nothing going on in that area. Most people cannot even tell when one stops and the other starts.

There is a problem at the SE corner of Rampart and Cheyenne due to the condo conversion known as the Villas which has been trouble since converted. But that is in Desert Shores.
Rampart & Cheyenne is the NW corner of Desert Shores. The SE corner is Desert Shores(south shores) is Lake Meade and Buffalo. Go look at a map.

At any rate, I've heard from several people that live there that the area is going downhill

Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Rampart & Cheyenne is the NW corner of Desert Shores. The SE corner is Desert Shores(south shores) is Lake Meade and Buffalo. Go look at a map.

At any rate, I've heard from several people that live there that the area is going downhill
Read what you wrote...

Quote:

"The area North/east of Rampart & Lake Mead Blvd near Desert Shores" is South Shore and Desert Shores. As I said your geography is busted.

I lived in Desert Shores when I moved here and live close to it now. You should try to deal more with that you know something about. Aside from the problems in the Villas the area is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas