Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 03:00 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,306,816 times

Advertisements

I've lived for 9 years in Summerlin. Sun City to be specific. Have hated the abuse of my dues and after looking for 3 years, have finally purchased a nice home in Aliante. It's a nice area and you might enjoy that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 03:51 PM

10,581 posts, read 5,560,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
LVCC is Las Vegas Country Club behind the Westgate and Las Vegas Convention Center. Traffic gets bad during major conventions.
OP - You may recall The Westgate as the old Las Vegas Hilton.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:57 PM

10,581 posts, read 5,560,361 times
Maybe consider renting a condo in either Turnberry Place or Turnberry Towers -- hi rise living.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:01 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,258,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I've lived for 9 years in Summerlin. Sun City to be specific. Have hated the abuse of my dues and after looking for 3 years, have finally purchased a nice home in Aliante. It's a nice area and you might enjoy that.
I still haven't figured out where it is on a map, but I will look into it for rentals. Buying a house will be later when we've saved some money up and look around more. We like new and modern. Want a pool, a room for an office or study and a garage for his tools and bikes. That's all we've dreamt up so far. In the interim we can do without some of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
OP - You may recall The Westgate as the old Las Vegas Hilton.
I thought the SLS was the old Hilton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Maybe consider renting a condo in either Turnberry Place or Turnberry Towers -- hi rise living.
Thanks for the suggestions. They do have a very nice pool and we could afford their two bedroom rentals. Nice amenities though I've done Tower living when I was single. Not as big as this though. I was on the sixth floor and the fire alarms would go off at weird hours of the night with the whole building evacuating down the stairwell. Sometimes people's pets had accidents in the hallways and nobody to clean it up. Towers can have their own problems but this one looks much nicer than the one I was in. I wonder where they grocery shop.

I've also looked at Fremont 9 downtown now that it's finished. We could afford a two or three bedroom there as it's in a foodie area with easy walkability. The dog park is right across from it and I could get a little dog. Also checked out Panorama tower. It's even more expensive and not as nice looking as Turnberry imho. Also looked at Juhl. Though that area isn't as built up I like the Arts District. More transients in this area than anything. I could shop at Costco and Walmart in this area.

Wasn't there another luxury apartment complex going up in Chinatown besides green leaf lotus? I thought I read about it but I can't find it.

I started checking out places along the 215 too. Aspire is beautiful in the SW but that's a 35 minute commute to the VA. At least it's a straight shot on the 215 and I like that area but I think we better stay off the main corridor of the 15.

I have some friends with houses in a Summerlin that work at the VA but they're more off Far West I believe.

Maybe as far as Charleston off the 215 would be alright? I think coming off Summerlin Parkway or the 215 is a nicer commute than the N/S spaghetti bowl exchange.

Are those new mixed housing units by Downtown Summerlin up? They were to go in by the hockey center out there. They have quick access to the 215, nice area with shopping and amenities galore. Would be nice to be able to walk to Downtown Summerlin or watch the Vegas Golden Knights practice. Nearby grocery shopping is Trader Joe's, Albertsons, Sprouts, Whole Foods, ect.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:24 AM

932 posts, read 2,338,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post

I thought the SLS was the old Hilton?

The SLS is the old Sahara.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:28 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,346,476 times
Aliante 89084 zip and surrounding areas areas are a great option and much shopping can be done on N. Decatur. I like this area because it doesn't have all the congestion of other parts of the valley and houses seem to go a bit cheaper.

Nice residential areas on Jones north of the 215 also.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
The SLS is the old Sahara.
Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Aliante 89084 zip and surrounding areas areas are a great option and much shopping can be done on N. Decatur. I like this area because it doesn't have all the congestion of other parts of the valley and houses seem to go a bit cheaper.

Nice residential areas on Jones north of the 215 also.

I stayed up and explored Aliente more. Discovered el dorado, north peak and castle rock. We can rent a 4-6 bedroom house for the price of a 2-3 bedroom in Turnberry tower. I don't know what we'd do with all the space but family could come stay for months. We're used to two bedrooms around 1,000 sq ft.

There's a few nice apartments that come up when I search Aliante, but I'm not sure it's Aliante. Just says North Las Vegas. Some look like they are in Centinnal.

Also looked up more towers. I didn't realize there are 100 residential ones. I might look at Queen's Ridge. I like that area and Tivoli Village. Close to good shopping and 215/Summerlin Pkyway. Looked at Coronado condos too. My Husband is ready for a house while I want all the amenities of resort style living that some places offer and not to have to take care of a yard.

I'm curious about where the nice pockets are on the east side. The search continues.

I'll go digital walk around Jones north if 215 and check it out.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:34 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,346,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Thx!

I stayed up and explored Aliente more. Discovered el dorado, north peak and castle rock. We can rent a 4-6 bedroom house for the price of a 2-3 bedroom in Turnberry tower. I don't know what we'd do with all the space but family could come stay for months. We're used to two bedrooms around 1,000 sq ft.

There's a few nice apartments that come up when I search Aliante, but I'm not sure it's Aliante. Just says North Las Vegas. Some look like they are in Centinnal.

Also looked up more towers. I didn't realize there are 100 residential ones. I might look at Queen's Ridge. I like that area and Tivoli Village. Close to good shopping and 215/Summerlin Pkyway. Looked at Coronado condos too. My Husband is ready for a house while I want all the amenities of resort style living that some places offer and not to have to take care of a yard.

I'm curious about where the nice pockets are on the east side. The search continues.

I'll go digital walk around Jones north if 215 and check it out.
Don't think Aliante has any apartments at all.

I would avoid big apartment complexes especially areas with many of them together since naturally it can bring crime up.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Don't think Aliante has any apartments at all.

I would avoid big apartment complexes especially areas with many of them together since naturally it can bring crime up.
That might explain it then. I was wondering. I hear what you're saying about apartment rows. I lived in a student ghetto like this before. It was interesting.

Thanks for the tips on the North with the shopping on Decatur and the other nice areas along Jones north of 215. That helps.

Aliante is pretty close to the VA off the 215. Much closer than Summerlin.

I think I found the housing next to Downtown Summerlin that was going in. It's called Constellation. It's not as big as I thought it would be but they have attached garages to some units. My husband would like that. I really thought it was going to be that whole area stretched to Sahara that was getting mixed housing next to Downtown Summerlin. This is one little complex on a corner of the property and with higher prices than most luxury apartments. I'm not sure about the asthetics. It's a little funky in an unusually modern way.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:23 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,525,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Thank God. Perhaps you'll stop spreading lies about SCS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas