U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 AM

158 posts, read 98,651 times

Advertisements

I purchased season tickets to the Aviators and have gone to the first two games. WOW! What a spectacular ballpark. Absolutely stunning. Wonderful addition to Summerlin. I encourage everyone to go and check it out. Go Aviators!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 04:18 AM

11,160 posts, read 7,254,218 times
Got my ticket for Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
I purchased season tickets to the Aviators and have gone to the first two games. WOW! What a spectacular ballpark. Absolutely stunning. Wonderful addition to Summerlin. I encourage everyone to go and check it out. Go Aviators!
Princeton1990, did you see if they were not allowing bottled water?

- - -

prohibited items

Outside Food, Beverage, or Alcohol
Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers, Bottles, or Flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)

my correspondence with the ballpark:

Quote:
LVballpark,

Greetings. I have tickets for Sunday and have a few questions.

1. what time does the gates open for the 12 noon game start?

2. can I bring bottled water, or a container with drinking water?

Sincerely,
Quote:
Hi _____,
The gates will be open at 11 am and unfortunately, you cannot bring water or any outside food or beverage into the ballpark. Thanks for your support and interest in the Aviators!

Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Got my ticket for Sunday!

Princeton1990, did you see if they were not allowing bottled water?

- - -

prohibited items

Outside Food, Beverage, or Alcohol
Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers, Bottles, or Flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)

my correspondence with the ballpark:
No, they are not allowing bottled water. More and more venues are going this route as it’s very hard to decipher if the bottle contains water or another clear liquid. Have a great time!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:09 AM

11,160 posts, read 7,254,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
Have a great time!
Thanks!

Old 04-11-2019, 06:00 PM

28 posts, read 15,712 times
I'm hoping this ballpark can be expanded to let say ~35,000 fans for a future MLB team. But considering Vegas gets 100 F+ temperatures during the season, they may require a dome over the ballpark, which would make it pretty difficult to expand.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:08 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,719,253 times
I'm guessing that they had this in mind when the park was built. Supposedly even Cashman Field had supports in place that would have allowed expansion for MLB. You're right - Major League Baseball in this climate would pretty much necessitate a dome and climate control. It's still doable.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelg1988 View Post
I'm hoping this ballpark can be expanded to let say ~35,000 fans for a future MLB team. But considering Vegas gets 100 F+ temperatures during the season, they may require a dome over the ballpark, which would make it pretty difficult to expand.
Howard Hughes designed the ballpark and surrounding area to accommodate a future MLB stadium. The parking areas to the east would be absorbed in the future stadium. Very exciting!

Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 PM

5,601 posts, read 9,887,959 times
Makes no sense though to have a major league stadium in Summerlin. Its a great spot for a minor league stadium but a major league stadium needs tourists and businesses to fill the stadium so it has to be centrally located.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:16 AM

14,188 posts, read 27,006,463 times
Went to the game last night and the new ballpark is very nice. Parking was free and it looks like some of the parking is still under construction. The seats are mesh and that would be wonderful on a hot day. Security is intense. They searched my bag twice plus I had to go through a metal detector. Police Officers and security staff everywhere more than what's visible at the airport. There is a pool area. Anyone know what that is for? Someone hit a homer into the pool last night. And one amazing thing the RJ totally missed. 3 triples in a row!

I miss the free and easy atmosphere of Cashman. Families with coolers, buying a ticket and just walking in to the venue. Yes there was security at Cashman but it wasn't the OTT display I saw last night.

Ticket prices are fairly reasonable but that's where reasonable ends. You can't bring your own food anymore so you have to pay what they charge. Cheap beer is $9 and water is $5. We got a 3oz ice cream sundae for $12. The food providers are not ready for prime time yet. Our hot dogs were cold by the time we waited 20 minutes for the sweet potato tots. Later in the game I went to get some nachos only to be told they were all sold out. They were selling mac n' cheese for $10 for about 1/2 cup. Want an Aviators cap? $40.

Since the park is in Summerlin you have to assume they are looking for a local fan base. Well the average salary for the average job here is what? $10 to $15 per hour? So it's not very affordable for family entertainment on a regular basis. And like someone else said, how long till they start charging for parking?

Old 04-12-2019, 11:21 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,501,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
I'm guessing that they had this in mind when the park was built. Supposedly even Cashman Field had supports in place that would have allowed expansion for MLB. You're right - Major League Baseball in this climate would pretty much necessitate a dome and climate control. It's still doable.

The AZ Diamondbacks have a domed stadium, so yes it is necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas