U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 03:33 AM

11,176 posts, read 7,282,861 times

Advertisements

run a search engine time distance route on different days, at different times of day, to really see where / when the hold ups will be.

i.e.

657 N Town Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV to boulder city

^ click on the map, as you'll get more than one route to choose from, with different distances and travel times. they (search engine route result) default to the quickest, which may not be the shortest route.

pick your own addresses at the starting point and destination. run it both ways - going to work, and the drive home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 05:17 AM

20,303 posts, read 23,878,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
It's a lot like california now. We just have slightly less tax...for now.
Really? With not even one light rail line under construction, how can you say that!!! Not even Amtrak comes to Vegas!

Old 04-09-2019, 11:38 AM

241 posts, read 101,835 times
Quote:
It's a lot like california now. We just have slightly less tax...for now.
It’s not as Black and White as people like to make it out to be. California may take money out of every check but compliances like Car Registration, Business Licenses, and etc are much cheaper. Californians also get Disability for a year for everyone that works which is a great safety net. So IMO California is more direct about taking your money...NV makes you feel like it’s not taxing you but it’s really adding the tax when it’s time to do any type of business with the Gov’t. Oh and don’t be late on your car reg, then they’re really gonna tax you.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:02 PM

17,011 posts, read 7,068,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
run a search engine time distance route on different days, at different times of day, to really see where / when the hold ups will be.

i.e.

^ click on the map, as you'll get more than one route to choose from, with different distances and travel times. they (search engine route result) default to the quickest, which may not be the shortest route.

pick your own addresses at the starting point and destination. run it both ways - going to work, and the drive home.
A good technique but does not work for the random blockage. Last fall for instance took us over an hour and a quarter to get across to Boulder City. We got caught in an accident jam on I15 and were trapped for 45 minutes before we could get free. And when I15 goes out the alternatives tend to lock up as well.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:07 PM
EA

6,793 posts, read 5,986,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Really? With not even one light rail line under construction, how can you say that!!! Not even Amtrak comes to Vegas!

Light rail makes zero sense here. I don't know why so many have a hard on for it. It's dumb.
It clearly doesn't work either seeing as California has insane traffic even with light rail.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:40 PM

2,863 posts, read 2,130,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
....drivers entering the highway going 35 mph and expect those behind them to merge at that speed, forcing people already on the hwy to slow down to accommodate.
Yeah I don't get that, why do people do that?

Old 04-09-2019, 12:42 PM

2,863 posts, read 2,130,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post

i.e.

The real question is, do you really use Bing?

Old 04-09-2019, 02:46 PM

2,335 posts, read 2,670,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Yeah I don't get that, why do people do that?
I don't know why people do a lot of things they do around here.

traffic is really something else now. Maybe I'm just getting older and even more cranky.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:40 PM

197 posts, read 83,393 times
Quote:
All the "improvements" they've done have made things worse.
Like moving the Sahara exit on 15 sb. Jesus what a cluster that is.

Now they're going to be shutting down lanes on the strip for the next couple years.

I heard about the strip nonsense. Why are they changing everything on the highways? Vegas Valley had the best highway system

Old 04-10-2019, 05:01 AM

20,303 posts, read 23,878,820 times
Quote:
Light rail makes zero sense here. I don't know why so many have a hard on for it. It's dumb.
It clearly doesn't work either seeing as California has insane traffic even with light rail.
And how much more insane would the traffic be if all those rail line commuters owned/drove a car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas