Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 03:43 PM

220 posts, read 140,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
Building-less schools are the answer. Just about all circulums can be home taught connected to online schools with teachers available on a one-on-one chat for those who need specific tutoring. Children can learn at their own pace allowing brighter children to move ahead quicker. Gone are level grades k-12, janitors, bus drivers, heating/AC bills, administrative offices, etc.

Get their social activities where you want your kids to get them. Like in little league, soccer, dancing, music on your own time and budget under your supervision with those you want your kids to associate with. Not under the unwatchful eyes of proctors who are suppose to watch our kids at recess getting their asses kick. Gone is bullying, drug indoctrination, smoking/vaping, cliques/gangs as we know it in our schools

Brick and mortar schools do far more than educating students, and most if it is not good for our kids and our pocketbooks.
The government wants the kids in the brick and mortar schools and not at home so that they can indoctrinate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 04:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
The government wants the kids in the brick and mortar schools and not at home so that they can indoctrinate them.
Does not follow. The state can indoctrinate just as well through a screen...in fact likely better.

EA is of course wrong. I can and have done math at levels he has never dreamed about. In fact virtually all of you have dealt with my work output repeatedly in your life. There are millions of examples of it around...and some of the older stuff is probably still underneath product launched well after I retired.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Does not follow. The state can indoctrinate just as well through a screen...in fact likely better.

EA is of course wrong. I can and have done math at levels he has never dreamed about. In fact virtually all of you have dealt with my work output repeatedly in your life. There are millions of examples of it around...and some of the older stuff is probably still underneath product launched well after I retired.
Really? There's a reason that they lock the school doors before class. To keep adults from seeing what goes on. take a gander into this grammar school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE3ELI7cbWQ

Old 04-29-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Really? There's a reason that they lock the school doors before class. To keep adults from seeing what goes on. take a gander into this grammar school:
That is of course infowar garbage. There have been weird people raising their children in weird ways since time began. I taught substitute for one year. Only surprising thing is that middle school kids still enjoy mistreating a substitute.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
That is of course infowar garbage. There have been weird people raising their children in weird ways since time began. I taught substitute for one year. Only surprising thing is that middle school kids still enjoy mistreating a substitute.
So because you seen the word Infowars that dismisses what was in the video? Cameras dont lie.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:31 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Quote:

Quote:

Stupid example as the simple use of parentheses can remove all the uncertainty.

(6 - (1 x 0) + 2) ÷ 2 = 4

And it is actually a well known problem in math and computer science. Often screwed up.

Having run major engineering organizations with parts in England, Holland and Japan we do fine.

AND you are actually wrong because the answer is, dun dun dun 7.

https://curiosity.com/topics/can-you...ion-curiosity/

I guess you are sort of right you can do math on a level I've never dreamed of. Wrong. I never dream about doing math wrong.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
So because you seen the word Infowars that dismisses what was in the video? Cameras dont lie.
Nope. Looked at the video then dismissed it. Infowar garbage no matter how described. That there are people raising weird children is a given. But that in no way makes all schools similar. They are not.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:34 PM
EA

Quote:
Nope. Looked at the video then dismissed it. Infowar garbage no matter how described. That there are people raising weird children is a given. But that in no way makes all schools similar. They are not.

You prove my point yet again. I love it. You're an excellent example of Dunning-Kruger.

Sources can be right or wrong. You never attack the source. Only the claim. You dismissed the claim because of the source and you don't even know what the claim is. That makes you willfully ignorant.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:35 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
AND you are actually wrong because the answer is, dun dun dun 7.

https://curiosity.com/topics/can-you...ion-curiosity/

I guess you are sort of right you can do math on a level I've never dreamed of. Wrong. I never dream about doing math wrong.
nope.. answer is 4
just put it in the search bar and let the computer figure it out
(6 - (1 x 0) + 2) ÷ 2 = 4

you do the inside first 1x0=0
6-0+2=8 /2 = 4

Old 04-29-2019, 04:37 PM
EA

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas