Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Darn, I ran out of popcorn. Need to make some more. And maybe a glass of whiskey.
Hey, we aim to please!!!! We hope you have been sufficiently entertained and look forward to your future patronage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 12:37 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
So, you didn't read it, but want to tell me how wrong I am while claiming to be superior.
That is hilarious and only proves my point more.
Son, I'm not claiming anything. It's a fact, Jack!

Old 05-15-2019, 12:50 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
Son, I'm not claiming anything. It's a fact, Jack!

You're a fine example of Dunning-Kruger

Old 05-15-2019, 02:34 AM

755 posts, read 399,437 times
Quote:
Most of the ill-informed dimwits commenting on here would be reduced to a hair-pulling, screaming pile of gelatinous human waste if they actually spent a day trying to corral an actual class of public school students, especially middle schoolers.
They talk out of their a$$e$ about a job of which they are completely clueless. The topper is I can only imagine the car wrecks of spawn they have produced.
When you see someone saying teachers don't generate income, or should "bid" on their jobs, you truly see how little some of your fellow citizens value or understand education.
They personify the phrase, "Ignorance is bliss".

I believe the word you are looking for is "unenlightened". Take some advice from a 30 year veteran of city schools:

Don't listen to the dolts on these, or any, forums that criticize education. Listen to the parents of the students you teach. They will show you your true value. People like you do not teach because of the same intrinsic and extrinsic motivators that the crooks and thieves (who the knuckledraggers revere) have.

A teacher is not a member of the perverted and prostituted "capitalist" machine that is slowly driving this country into the ground. Your contribution to society is always a positive one that your students and parents will appreciate over the years. Their thanks is what matters, not what a bunch of drooling MAGAts think.

Do be prepared to have to fight for your compensation. Support your union, it will give you the support you need, but keep it accountable. Teachers are significantly more educated that the "average" worker, even many of their white collar equivalents. Use that education and knowledge. It is the only weapon you will have against the ignorance that is growing in our society daily.
Nice post. You show everything that is wrong with our school system, civil servant, hilarious.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:52 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,862 times
Quote:
Wow, you really have a comprehension problem. Teachers are civil servants that provide a public service. They are not involved in a profit generating enterprise. Duh. You wouldn't know quality education if it kicked you in the balls. Nor would you ever be able to afford it.

Noooooo, I was the one that made the rest of the class see what a clown you were and they told you to shut the hell up. Then, when I explained to your parents what a fool you were they slapped the **** out of you and thanked me for being such a concerned teacher. Then I failed your sorry ass at the end of the year and made you go to summer school.

Cold Warrior my ass.
You are my hero. I wish I had more rep points to give.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:22 AM

822 posts, read 2,202,695 times
So far I've counted two members in this thread that have physically taught in a public school classroom within the last decade. Anyone else here physically been on the field and played ball, or is most everyone someone who has always been sitting in the stands? If you haven't been a full-time teacher, have you at least been a substitute teacher within the CCSD system? Please let me know as the data I gather here will help with a paper I have to write. Thank you

Last edited by Juxtaposition109; 05-15-2019 at 04:51 AM..

Old 05-15-2019, 10:36 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition109 View Post
So far I've counted two members in this thread that have physically taught in a public school classroom within the last decade. Anyone else here physically been on the field and played ball, or is most everyone someone who has always been sitting in the stands? If you haven't been a full-time teacher, have you at least been a substitute teacher within the CCSD system? Please let me know as the data I gather here will help with a paper I have to write. Thank you
This is why I read these threads for entertainment rather than information. There are a lot of know-it-alls that don't do anything about the problem, but spent time on forums spouting their "knowledge".

This is paraphrased.

Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult
Winning an argument with a stupid person is extremely difficult
Winning an argument with a know-it-all is impossible

Always ignore them and move on. They will wither on the vine

Rochelle Safford
Secret of my Success

Old 05-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Hey, we aim to please!!!! We hope you have been sufficiently entertained and look forward to your future patronage!
I have been. Thank you.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
This is why I read these threads for entertainment rather than information. There are a lot of know-it-alls that don't do anything about the problem, but spent time on forums spouting their "knowledge".

This is paraphrased.

Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult
Winning an argument with a stupid person is extremely difficult
Winning an argument with a know-it-all is impossible

Always ignore them and move on. They will wither on the vine

Rochelle Safford
Secret of my Success

You haven't contributed anything, you make no argument, you post no facts. All you do is try to make yourself seem, keyword there, seem superior. If you have nothing to add why don't you move along.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:11 AM

Because I'm not complaining I have no reason to post arguments for or against. And no reason to post facts. What I have to add is pointing out the inanity of posters, like you, who complain, complain, complain. Then sit sit on their butts and do nothing.

That is my contribution. So no, I'm not going to "move along".

I'm not sure where your "superior" comment comes from unless I am making you feel inferior, which is not my goal.

My goal is to simply point out that the majority of people who post in these threads don't have the experience to know what they are talking about.

But it doesn't stop them.

I'm going to make some more popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas