Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 07:32 PM

101 posts, read 53,418 times

Advertisements

You guys need to get training and a firearm and stop being a victim in this lawless city. The predators are everywhere and they are not afraid of any police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 07:50 PM

804 posts, read 545,449 times
Lesbian whatever........jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail jail Without even knowing her race the way she is jerking her head is an immediate sign she was damaged. This is the kind of loser that is promoted in feminism. I am sure she will be "taken care of" real good behind those bars.

She might get out with good behavior because the man refused medical treatment but otherwise it is not proven that what she did caused his death. I have seen an 85+ year old fall down multiple times and was perfectly fine. So again she might get off.

However that jerking hen neck could spell otherwise.

However she will be worshiping her elders for a long time

Last edited by DanArt; 06-03-2019 at 07:59 PM..

Old 06-04-2019, 12:07 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I ride the bus at least six days a week. Today was my seventh day in a row. I have witnessed maybe one minor altercation and one angry man that lost his cell phone and was swearing loudly and agitating other riders. That is two incidents in 12 months. I don't have problems at the bus stops or the bus itself and I have rode the Lake Mead bus, the LV Blvd. North bus (113), and the 219 Craig road bus which is the bus I ride to work. Never accosted, hassled one time and the driver immediately intervened and it stopped.

So, I'm sorry but your story especially based on your small sample reference just is not true. I learned the subways in Brooklyn and rode that for 10 months and people on here deride the Vegas bus system, citing NYC. Only difference really is that I might walk a bit further, which is good for a 48 year old man to do anyway. I enjoy walking around North Las Vegas and taking the bus while enjoying my music.

And of course the subways come every 15 minutes and Vegas is usually 30 minute max wait. I lived in Nashua, NH and they too have no state income taxes and a much worse climate. Nashua had 80,000 people and those buses arrived every hour and stopped around 7pm. We have nothing to complain about here.

I am much more worried on the rare occasion I go to Wal-Mart about having problems with my fellow shoppers as opposed to other riders on the bus. To top it off I am a white man who wears clean and preppy,nerdy,dorky but not cheap clothing. No tatoos or piercings. I am almost always the racial minority on at least four different routes. I look out the window and listen to music on my phone. I do not get bothered.

I have used the bus system when we lived on W. Sahara, and it was the buses that we had to transfer to, to get to the east side of town. Also, have been on the MLK bus a few times to get back and forth to the dentist and other appointments. Scary people on all the buses. Worse on the east side of town for some reason. Did not like how some would chase us while yelling epithets at us after we got off of the bus. Kind of turned me off to bus riding. Also white, not a male.

I used to be a regular bus rider in Southern California a long time ago, and the worst things that ever happened was being hit on by weird men. Nothing worse than that. Oh, wait, there was the morning I was going for a job interview, and my sister and her baby were on the bus going to downtown Riverside. She says, "Sit by me, you can squeeze in right here..." and then her baby puked all over me. I never made it to my interview. I could not get the smell of the puke out of my blouse and skirt enough to continue on to the interview. I never sat next to any baby or child after that.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:38 AM

628 posts, read 397,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I have used the bus system when we lived on W. Sahara, and it was the buses that we had to transfer to, to get to the east side of town. Also, have been on the MLK bus a few times to get back and forth to the dentist and other appointments. Scary people on all the buses. Worse on the east side of town for some reason. Did not like how some would chase us while yelling epithets at us after we got off of the bus. Kind of turned me off to bus riding. Also white, not a male.

I used to be a regular bus rider in Southern California a long time ago, and the worst things that ever happened was being hit on by weird men. Nothing worse than that. Oh, wait, there was the morning I was going for a job interview, and my sister and her baby were on the bus going to downtown Riverside. She says, "Sit by me, you can squeeze in right here..." and then her baby puked all over me. I never made it to my interview. I could not get the smell of the puke out of my blouse and skirt enough to continue on to the interview. I never sat next to any baby or child after that.
Sorry to hear about your negative experiences. They now have an app where you can immediately report anything inappropriate. I ride the 105 on Saturdays and no problems at 6:15 am so maybe it is the times that I am riding which are normal commuting hours for those of us that work. Mostly blue collar African american workers on the bus with me in the morning and then around 5:15 pm. Some Hispanics mixed in with a couple of token white dudes on the 219 Craig Road bus.

I will admit the 105 in the evening on Saturdays can get a little weird, that is where I saw the Black woman hitting the drunk Hispanic male. Also, a very smelly man sat next to me on the 105 Northbound around maybe 8pm on a Saturday. It was nauseating. The dude must have not showered in at least a month. His race is irrelevant. No security guard is posted on that route. I would say 109 Maryland Parkway bus is the most "diverse" and can get raucous, but usually security is on that bus which helps.

Now actually waiting or getting off the bus at North LV Blvd. and Craig can be a bit uncomfortable but basically because of panhandlers and people asking for a cigarette. Little boys asking for a dollar is truly sad and once I was eating at the Jack in the Box there and a little boy claimed he had not eaten in three days and wanted some of my french fries. I will say I am glad that since September, I no longer have to deal with the transfer at North LV Blvd. and Lake Mead. That area is "disturbed" to put it mildly.

I hope if you try the bus in the future, you will have a better experience. I think the RTC has worked hard to shake that negative stigma. Peace, my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas