Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 08:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
First off, who do you think are exactly working in Amazon fulfillment centers? They are normal Americans. WHITE AMERICANS, that speak English.

And what other businesses would have started? Amazon by it's very nature cannibalizes it's competition. It is effectively the end game of retail. The only thing left for them is to replace the workers with robots.
Actually I have spent the last 45 minutes with Amazon customer services. Nice lady. Though unable to perform. Not in the US and not a native English speaker. She promises to call back tomorrow. I will ask her where she is...

And I would also point out that Amazon customer service sucks. Clearly set up to make reaching them difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 08:55 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
First off, who do you think are exactly working in Amazon fulfillment centers? They are normal Americans. WHITE AMERICANS, that speak English.

And what other businesses would have started? Amazon by it's very nature cannibalizes it's competition. It is effectively the end game of retail. The only thing left for them is to replace the workers with robots.
Amazon needs to be broken up because it's been selling at a loss for decades now.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Actually I worked at the one in nlv. Lots of Spanish speaking along with Tagalog (Filipino)
Whites aren't dumb enough to perpetually work at a loss.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
People like you are not even worth debating because you will never get it. Isn't an English Professor at San Jose State University a good job? According to you, she is a lazy bum because she cannot housing and is forced to live in her car. Jobs are not keeping up with housing. You needed to read the definition of lazy, which is unwilling to work, before posting.
She's a complete idiot. I would never maintain a job for no pay.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually I have spent the last 45 minutes with Amazon customer services. Nice lady. Though unable to perform. Not in the US and not a native English speaker. She promises to call back tomorrow. I will ask her where she is...

And I would also point out that Amazon customer service sucks. Clearly set up to make reaching them difficult.
Simple. She's in the phillipines.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:10 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,550,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Notice how the news outlets you selected are known far leftist outlets?

I'm not saying you are totally wrong but you ought to temper your sources outside your echo chamber as well.
If they are "leftist outlets" they would be more inclined to not cover "terrorism" since it is hardly killing anybody. They're obviously not doing news coverage on anything based on science and data on what is the larger causes of deaths, so what's going on here? In reality, there are no leftist news outlets. Just centrist outlets and then Fox News on the right.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Amazon needs to be broken up because it's been selling at a loss for decades now.
Selling at a loss with regards to what? They are the biggest online retailer in America now and a large part of the reason why the retail apocalypse has accelerated.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

You're correct that they want to discourage people calling them, it requires them to pay more for call centers.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:28 PM

386 posts, read 261,736 times
Amazon started reporting profits above board in 2017. Until then, it had them despite all of the nonsense in the news -- it just pretty much put everything right back into R&D building out AWS into what it has become today -- basically going all in that it would be a cash cow.

IIRC, it also had a 3-4B profit from the first quarter this year.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:33 PM

755 posts, read 399,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
She makes around $110,000 a year, yet cannot afford housing. I will say it again, housing has outpaced wages big time. I am hoping that the light bulb will go off in your head and realize what I am trying to convey to you. There is a thread in this very forum you should read if you have not.

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...ve-time-2.html
Gee, as a ward of the state I own a home in San Mateo free and clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas