Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,656 times

Advertisements

Hi, I recently bought a house moved to Vegas with my two kids to start a job at St. Rose Dominican. I love my job and our house is much nicer than we had in California, but we are have having an issue with transients sleeping in our gated neighborhood and sleeping in the park across the street. They are squatting near the community pool and parking in the park. I really don’t understand the purpose of the gate if people can just walk of Drive right in after a car. Now I have sympathy for the homeless, but they are leaving large amounts of trash and my 10 year old daughter found a dirty needle! We don’t currently have a security system or outdoor flood lights, but want to get them ASAP. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 09:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjames2on View Post
Hi, I recently bought a house moved to Vegas with my two kids to start a job at St. Rose Dominican. I love my job and our house is much nicer than we had in California, but we are have having an issue with transients sleeping in our gated neighborhood and sleeping in the park across the street. They are squatting near the community pool and parking in the park. I really don’t understand the purpose of the gate if people can just walk of Drive right in after a car. Now I have sympathy for the homeless, but they are leaving large amounts of trash and my 10 year old daughter found a dirty needle! We don’t currently have a security system or outdoor flood lights, but want to get them ASAP. Does anyone have any recommendations?
That is simply unacceptable and unlawful. Not even a close call. Get all over the HOA and call the cops yourself.

It is very clear in a gated situation that the transients are trespassers and the cops will remove them.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:46 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,520,659 times
https://nightowlsp.com/

they have wired & wireless options

Old 06-09-2019, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
That is simply unacceptable and unlawful. Not even a close call. Get all over the HOA and call the cops yourself.

It is very clear in a gated situation that the transients are trespassers and the cops will remove them.
I do and they are removed for the night, but the next night they’re back. It’s been frustrating and unnerving, but that’s why I am going the security route as I can only control what I can control. The thing I’m most upset about is my daughter finding the syringe. Across the street from us is a very busy park and I don’t want to see a child get hurt.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:54 AM

6 posts, read 3,379 times
Contact your HOA. That is not acceptable.

I have noticed a significant increase in homeless people in my area of Henderson. Many more in parks and in shopping centers. A group are living in the tunnels off the retention basin between Anthem Hills Park and Summit Grove Dr. I have never seen or heard of other cities with so many homeless people living in tunnels. I think homelessness just comes with living in a big city. It’s sad, but true. I saw a couple who have set up a makeshift “camp” in back of the PF Chang’s at The District next to the 215 beltway. They seem harmless and just want to be invisible. I have also been a large increase in those panhandling at intersections in my area, but I have no way of knowing if they’re homeless or not.

Last edited by Futbolgirl; 06-10-2019 at 04:14 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 09:47 AM

124 posts, read 105,736 times
DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!

Their servers WILL SEND a malicious virus to your computer.

What a POS company.

Thankfully, there are DOZENS of options available, without dealing with an unknown small company that can't even keep their web servers clean.

Just go to Amazon.

-von

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
https://nightowlsp.com/

they have wired & wireless options

Old 06-10-2019, 10:05 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjames2on View Post
I do and they are removed for the night, but the next night they’re back. It’s been frustrating and unnerving, but that’s why I am going the security route as I can only control what I can control. The thing I’m most upset about is my daughter finding the syringe. Across the street from us is a very busy park and I don’t want to see a child get hurt.
Stay on top of it. On repeated trespass offense the police can and will arrest. And your HOA can be very helpful in getting that done if they choose to.

No amount of security cameras or lights will prevent needles from appearing in the park. You simply need to keep the bad out of there.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 AM

755 posts, read 399,437 times
Needles in the park? Damn diabetics.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:01 PM

101 posts, read 53,418 times
If the law won’t help then be prepared to take care of it yourself. Make them so uncomfortable to be there that they will never return. Do not just accept this as a way of life in Vegas.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,520,659 times
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nightowl&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

ok, try that one then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: