Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 07:01 AM

28 posts, read 10,698 times

Advertisements

Wow, decades of under the radar pot use is now over.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
No jobs lost. They still can and will test for opioids, cocaine, meth, etc.
And let’s not forget that pot itself is now tested for potency. Seems like a good lateral move.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:21 AM

755 posts, read 399,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I can just imagine if my industry (film) ever did testing for marijuana - they’d have nobody to hire. I personally just don’t get weed, makes me incredibly tired and is pointless for me, but everyone I know in that industry smokes weed lol
Yeah, you industry just tests for political affiliation and moral beliefs.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander666 View Post
Yeah, you industry just tests for political affiliation and moral beliefs.
Don’t derail this thread please.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:09 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,014,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander666 View Post
I think this is just another over reach by our state govt. If a private business owner doesn't want to hire a stoner that should be his/her right. But of course, the govt knows what's best for all.

I totally agree with this. Even office workers that come to work stoned will be a liability because they won't be 100% productive in that state. So it'll be a loss of productivity for the business.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:15 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candystripe Legs View Post
Don’t derail this thread please.
But he’s right. This is political

Old 06-13-2019, 09:37 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I can just imagine if my industry (film) ever did testing for marijuana - they’d have nobody to hire. I personally just don’t get weed, makes me incredibly tired and is pointless for me, but everyone I know in that industry smokes weed lol
We're actually in the same line of business. Recently I was offered a freelance job that required a drug test because of union requirements. Not sure if Oregon tests for MJ though since it became legal here. We happen to be in the same town too. I live by OHSU in Portland. I see you're in Beaverton. Do you happen to work at Laika?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Not in the way they intended it though.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
No he’s waxing about an unrelated industry and he’s not right. He has an opinion that has zero to do with the topic, which is that a conservative liberty was granted to all Nevadans.

The government has no business regulating cognitive liberty. Businesses can hire and fire who they want and will still be able to do so.

Sorry that you disagree and call yourself right.

No one can draw any nexus between “lost productivity” and pot use. If you think that, it’s okay, but let’s think about all the other crap that makes people self interrupt. NFL Football, smart phones, being in love, being out of love, being out of money...

It’s about time the silent, productive majority has the chance to toke in peace and without repercussion.

Pot is self limiting. Most people who enjoy it know this.

Last edited by Candystripe Legs; 06-13-2019 at 10:01 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 10:08 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candystripe Legs View Post
No he’s waxing about an unrelated industry and he’s not right. He has an opinion that has zero to do with the topic, which is that a conservative liberty was granted to all Nevadans.

The government has no business regulating cognitive liberty. Businesses can hire and fire who they want and will still be able to do so.

Sorry that you disagree and call yourself right.

No one can draw any nexus between “lost productivity” and pot use. If you think that, it’s okay, but let’s think about all the other crap that makes people self interrupt. NFL Football, smart phones, being in love, being out of love, being out of money...

It’s about time the silent, productive majority has the chance to toke in peace and without repercussion.

Pot is self limiting. Most people who enjoy it know this.
it is political as I am referring that it is once again.. state vs federal...

nevada is following California's footsteps on a lot of things... wait 10 years, and it will be the craphole that cali is with taxes, laws, etc..

Old 06-13-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
it is political as I am referring that it is once again.. state vs federal...

nevada is following California's footsteps on a lot of things... wait 10 years, and it will be the craphole that cali is with taxes, laws, etc..
This is of local and state interest.

It’s counter intuitive to have a state law that contradicts federal law but that is beyond the scope of the Las Vegas forum.

My point of view is that Nevada is leading the state cannabis industry in the right direction. It’s counter intuitive to discriminate against your constituents over a product made legal to use. It’s counter intuitive to give employers punitive power over a legal substance in non safety sensitive positions.

When the inevitable happens (federal declassification and/or legalization of MJ) Nevada will have done right by its tax base, it’s residents, constituents and it’s employers.

It may even be good for the republicans who have forgotten that conservatism has roots in libertarianism.

Pre-employment drug tests create economic barriers based on culture and race. They do not measure capability or performance. That’s what probation in a right to work state is for.

Marijuana stays in ones system much longer and doesn’t pose the same social woes most people think. It’s time people updated their understanding of these issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas