Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2006, 04:35 PM

9 posts, read 22,989 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm moving to Henderson in a couple months....single and in my early 20's. Any suggestions on "safer" areas to look for apartments in Henderson? I'm visiting next month to check it out for myself but a little help to get started would be much appreciated. Also not looking to spend a ton each month, not going to have a roommate to split rent with.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions!

Megan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,722,550 times
Look in the Green Valley area, especially around Green Valley Station. It's nice over there and you would have freeway access. You could also look by Seven Hills (if that's not too far out).

Old 12-07-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Look in the Green Valley area, especially around Green Valley Station. It's nice over there and you would have freeway access. You could also look by Seven Hills (if that's not too far out).
Awesome, I hear that a lot about the Green Valley area. I'm definitely going to go with that so thanks!

Old 12-12-2006, 10:46 PM

4 posts, read 27,107 times
Hi There I Am Also Wanting To Move To Vegas N I Hear The Henderson Area Is Good To Live In. I Definetley Want To Be In A Safe Place Thats Not Ghetto And Would Be On My Own. What Is This Green Valley Area?? I Want To Come Out In The Next Couple Of Months N Look At Places But In A Good Area....

Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 PM

4 posts, read 27,107 times
Hey I Was Just Lookin Up Safe Areas N Apartments In Henderson N Came Across This Site. Im Actually Wanting To Do The Same Thing. I Really Want To Get Outta Here N Move West But Would Be On My Own With No Roommate N Am Worried About Areas, What Did U Hear About This Green Valley Place N Where Is It??

Old 12-12-2006, 11:09 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,646,553 times
it would be very expensive to live in an apartment in Green Valley. Green Valley is in Henderson. No apartment complex is safe and no place is safe in the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,047,428 times
Knock it off Kid...you know better. Anyplace anywhere can be dangerous...if a meteorite has your number there is no hope anywhere.

You ladies should decide where you are working or need to be. There are perfectly reasonable apartment and condo complexes over most of the valley. Henderson is fine the SW is fine Summerlin is fine The north side of North Las Vegas is fine. And if you need to get to the strip the areas along Trop and DI west of Decatur are fne. Generally avoid the NE and the central city...though there are places there that are survivable in a pinch.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:31 AM

Default lvkewlkid

Yeah, um I just visited Vegas a week ago. Had an interview, did the apt hunting, the whole bit. And although I definitely can't say what it's like to live there just from visiting, I can say it's not as scary as what you were trying to make it out to be.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:22 AM

15 posts, read 23,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmf99 View Post
Yeah, um I just visited Vegas a week ago. Had an interview, did the apt hunting, the whole bit. And although I definitely can't say what it's like to live there just from visiting, I can say it's not as scary as what you were trying to make it out to be.
You should have contacted me. I would've showed you some nice condos for rent at no charge. When are you looking to get into a lease? Did you check out Green Valley?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas