Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 05:48 AM

628 posts, read 398,191 times

Advertisements

I know how risky it is giving out personal information - but I suck with dimensions and square footage.

I will be upgrading to the master bedroom at 4042 Sweet Surrender Court at the end of July. I cannot find the exact square footage. Just asking for help. It is upstairs and to the left. I will have my own room, furnished, all utilities included for 675.00. Is that a reasonable price? The zip is 89032. Own bathroom, double sinks, although not much use for double sinks as a single guy. Which website is best for taking a look?

Currently occupied so targeting 7-25 move in. Always welcome your feedback, especially airics and our beloved LVmensch. Exciting, should be a huge upgrade. I think the room I am in now was built on to the house. This was a four bedroom house in 2003 and now six. Trying to gauge closet space.Currently valued at around 270,000.

Any additional photos provided would be nice too.

On an unrelated note, I honestly swear upon my Father's grave that I have not flicked even one butt since June 9th. A coworker thinks I will again since he claims I have no discipline. I will prove him wrong.

Thanks in advance, because I know there are some good people on here who will have some insight.

Thank you and Happy Monday!

WVH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 06:09 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
I don’t think it’s a bad deal but if it’s possible for 200 more to get my own place I would

Old 07-01-2019, 06:43 AM

628 posts, read 398,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I don’t think it’s a bad deal but if it’s possible for 200 more to get my own place I would
I respect your opinion. Bear in mind, no utilities, water, trash, HOA fees. I may be able to see it tonight.

Not sharing a bathroom with two other men is also a big deal.

The trouble with having my own place is that the closer you get to my place of employment, the quality really drops off in terms of amenities, people of good character, and generally just chaotic.

The trajectory I am on seems to demonstrate that the next time I move it will be my own place. The trouble here is that she has lowered her standards all in the name of money and I am becoming less and less comfortable with the roommates that are in place now. Almost 10 months here and I am the longest tenured tenant once the Master opens up. Is there a way to gauge square footage or I could just wait and see?

I already committed to it financially by paying my July rent for the modest room and placing a deposit for the master bedroom.

Thank you, Sir.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:33 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
I used to live not too far from there. I thought it was fine. The problem with getting your own place is that it's almost impossible to find a decent 1 bdrm in Las Vegas for under $800/month that isn't hood. Maybe Clark County will ease up the sqft requirements for SFR zoning and we can get some tiny homes built on 1000 sqft lots or they may follow Minneapolis and Portland's zoning experiments and start upzoning areas.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I respect your opinion. Bear in mind, no utilities, water, trash, HOA fees. I may be able to see it tonight.

Not sharing a bathroom with two other men is also a big deal.

The trouble with having my own place is that the closer you get to my place of employment, the quality really drops off in terms of amenities, people of good character, and generally just chaotic.

The trajectory I am on seems to demonstrate that the next time I move it will be my own place. The trouble here is that she has lowered her standards all in the name of money and I am becoming less and less comfortable with the roommates that are in place now. Almost 10 months here and I am the longest tenured tenant once the Master opens up. Is there a way to gauge square footage or I could just wait and see?

I already committed to it financially by paying my July rent for the modest room and placing a deposit for the master bedroom.

Thank you, Sir.
I was thinking a villa in Aliante. Landlord would still pay the hoa, water, and trash. Utilities are dirt cheap in Vegas. The time of use from Nevada energy saved a ton.
I must have been giving away my rental at 1200 for a 1800sf 4br

Old 07-01-2019, 11:34 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Quote:
I was thinking a villa in Aliante. Landlord would still pay the hoa, water, and trash. Utilities are dirt cheap in Vegas. The time of use from Nevada energy saved a ton.
I must have been giving away my rental at 1200 for a 1800sf 4br
$1200/month for a 1800 sqft 4 bdrm is low. You could get $1500 for it right now.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
$1200/month for a 1800 sqft 4 bdrm is low. You could get $1500 for it right now.
I sold it.... this is the one the tenants did almost 20k damage to.. I fixed the house and sold it... the neighborhood went to hell in the matter of a few years...

Old 07-01-2019, 02:33 PM

927 posts, read 883,623 times
Quote:
I sold it.... this is the one the tenants did almost 20k damage to.. I fixed the house and sold it... the neighborhood went to hell in the matter of a few years...
This is what I worry about when debating to rent out or sell my old place. I'm most likely selling it in a month.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:53 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I know how risky it is giving out personal information - but I suck with dimensions and square footage.

I will be upgrading to the master bedroom at 4042 Sweet Surrender Court at the end of July. I cannot find the exact square footage. Just asking for help. It is upstairs and to the left. I will have my own room, furnished, all utilities included for 675.00. Is that a reasonable price? The zip is 89032. Own bathroom, double sinks, although not much use for double sinks as a single guy. Which website is best for taking a look?

Currently occupied so targeting 7-25 move in. Always welcome your feedback, especially airics and our beloved LVmensch. Exciting, should be a huge upgrade. I think the room I am in now was built on to the house. This was a four bedroom house in 2003 and now six. Trying to gauge closet space.Currently valued at around 270,000.

Any additional photos provided would be nice too.

On an unrelated note, I honestly swear upon my Father's grave that I have not flicked even one butt since June 9th. A coworker thinks I will again since he claims I have no discipline. I will prove him wrong.

Thanks in advance, because I know there are some good people on here who will have some insight.

Thank you and Happy Monday!

WVH
I personally think your getting a decent deal. Keeping your costs as low as possible which puts more $ in your pocket. That area is decent, I have a ton of accounts in that area and its usually pretty normal and not crime ridden. I don't see a lot of homeless hanging around there like I do in some parts of town.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Home is 2222SF. Master is listed as 16x14. Has a pop out sitting area. Bath is good sized with soaking tub. and shower. No view of closet...likely a walkin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: