Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM

7 posts, read 12,670 times

Advertisements

Hi from Iraq,

My girlfriend and I are going to Vegas, while I'm on leave from Iraq. I'm proposing to her while we are on our little getaway. My problem is I can't decide on the resturant, or even began to narrow down the choices, to go to after I propose. I've been on website after website researching. So, I thought maybe I some suggestions from residents would be better. I'd greatly appreciate any options.

Sincerely,
SGT Wesley Martin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 03:43 PM

818 posts, read 3,699,053 times
Congratulations and thank you for your service!

There are some great view from the top of the world restaurant at the Stratosphere, The Voodoo Cafe at the Rio, and the Eiffel Tower restaurant at the Paris.

I think the best restaurant in the city is Andre's. I've only eaten at the downtown location, but his restaurant at the top of the Palms hotel sounds perfect.

Enjoy your time in Las Vegas!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:46 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times
First off, thank you for the job that you're doing for us in Iraq. Be safe, and keep your head down!

If I were you, I'd take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel at night, and pop the question there. As for dinner, what kind of food does she like? MRE's just won't cut it. Best of luck, and be sure to let us know it goes.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:38 PM

100 posts, read 404,819 times
Congratulations! Stay Safe and Thank you for your service!

I agree on the Eiffel Tower!
The Strat is beautiful at night though too!
We got married on the 107? floor chapel at the Strat. The view was breathtaking. We had the reception in the Top of the World restaurant right above the chapel on the bar level in the rooms they had recently sectioned off. We had a gorgeous night view from there as well! The dinner (restaurant catered) was actually quite good too. That was in 2003. Everyone had a memorable evening just from the view alone!
BTW the restaurant is still not too bad. We've been back twice for our anniversary. You can get a window table on the rotating floor area and I think it takes about an hour to rotate all the way around.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:52 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,715,495 times
How wonderful!

I'm 38 and still single but let me tell you I know what I would like:

take her on a gondola ride at the Venitian...propose under one of the arches or something

the ring in champaigne or something never fails

slip a 20 to the silver guy ( a mime or something) and have him give it to her

hmmmmm what else-

she'll love it anywhere you propose. But she'll greatly appreciate it being out of the box.....think of her...what does she like?

Is she into those coupon books? If so, slip the ring make a coupon and slip it into the coupon book and have her thumb thru it to find out the next place you are going to go.

Use your imagination!

Let us know what she says!

Old 07-12-2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
First off, thank you for the job that you're doing for us in Iraq. Be safe, and keep your head down!

If I were you, I'd take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel at night, and pop the question there. As for dinner, what kind of food does she like? MRE's just won't cut it. Best of luck, and be sure to let us know it goes.
Funny . I dectect former serivce member with that MRE talk....thanks for the advice, defo a considertation.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
How wonderful!

I'm 38 and still single but let me tell you I know what I would like:

take her on a gondola ride at the Venitian...propose under one of the arches or something
I'm actually planning the Gondolas on Lake Mede for the popping of the question. Then limo to to dinner and whatever we decide to do for entertainment from there.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:53 AM

Thanks for the saftey wishes from all. And I greatly appreciate the advice of choices...I got a little research to do and more decisions to make, but I'll be sure to let you all know the final choice.

Thank you much,
Wesley

Old 07-12-2008, 10:06 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyj View Post
Funny . I dectect former serivce member with that MRE talk....thanks for the advice, defo a considertation.
Actually, no. I did take the ASVAB twice back in high school ('83), but I never did enlist. I tested high enough (top 2% in the reading & comprehension section) to take the entrance exam for the DLI in Monterey. Sigh...I was going to be a Russian interpreter/translator in either the Air Force or the Navy. I was over the weight limit, although the Marines would have taken me. I've never been a great runner, so that ruled that out. I listened to my family, and went to JC, which really didn't help out anything. It's too late now, I'm too old and too heavy to enlist. As for knowing about MRE's, I watch a number of documentaries on a variety of subjects, watch CNN, and read Time & Newsweek. I find "normal" network programming to be boring.

Best of luck on everything.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,864,182 times
My only piece of advice is to not make it over the top, corny, or public. Make it sincere and private and it will be memorable no matter how simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: