Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 03:19 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
OP. I’m being honest, that zip code is part of the ghetto. I wouldn’t bother if your concerned about safety.
You idiot, that's like saying all of North Las Vegas is (also) the ghetto.

There are some bad parts sure, but don't go out and say all of 89142 is the ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 04:24 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
First, calling other posters idiots is against the TOS and rude. Second, most of North Las Vegas IS ghetto and not the good area of the metro. Just because there are nice parts of ghetto areas doesn’t make them great areas overall. Some people here I’ve noticed seem to want to pretend there are no ghetto or bad areas of the city and will throw out such loose refrains as “well bad stuff could happen anywhere, really.” There are a LOT of ghetto areas of Las Vegas compared to many cities, and it’s important people be aware of that.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:29 AM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Once sold a house in there for a NV cowboy who said one of the best days of his life was when the house next door sold from a troublesome southern white family to a Dominican one.
Know someone who lives out there who said one of the best days of his life was when the house next door sold from a troublesome Mexican family to a white Mormon one.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:32 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
First, calling other posters idiots is against the TOS and rude. Second, most of North Las Vegas IS ghetto and not the good area of the metro. Just because there are nice parts of ghetto areas doesn’t make them great areas overall. Some people here I’ve noticed seem to want to pretend there are no ghetto or bad areas of the city and will throw out such loose refrains as “well bad stuff could happen anywhere, really.” There are a LOT of ghetto areas of Las Vegas compared to many cities, and it’s important people be aware of that.
You know, you think you know a lot but you don’t. Most of NLV is not ghetto at all. There are a lot of decent livable areas. Not everyone has daddy’s money to spend like you do. You’re young, bought a stupidly expensive house and are asking for disaster. Wait till your so called business hits rough times.

Sorry, but someone had to say it. And stop giving advice on where to live and other Las Vegas insights until you’ve lived here at least a week.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:01 AM

755 posts, read 399,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Know someone who lives out there who said one of the best days of his life was when the house next door sold from a troublesome Mexican family to a white Mormon one.
Best day of my life was when the realtor living next door was evicted.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:08 AM

469 posts, read 494,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
He’s a Liberal so he gets triggered easily and doesn’t like to accept facts on what the truth is.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:37 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Liberal/conservative. Triggering is less your political leaning and more personal attitude. I've got conservative friends I can send screaming into the street with one sentence.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:35 PM

469 posts, read 494,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Liberal/conservative. Triggering is less your political leaning and more personal attitude. I've got conservative friends I can send screaming into the street with one sentence.
Conservatives are actually factual thus Liberals are more emotional when it comes to debating.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:50 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Conservatives are actually factual thus Liberals are more emotional when it comes to debating.
Actually most of the obviously absurd stuff on this site and many others come from the conservative side.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:22 PM

1,341 posts, read 656,202 times
Quote:
I lean conservative and I'll agree with that.

People on both sides get emotional but liberals get triggered.

Republican: "I voted Trump"
Democrat: "What? WHY? Trump voters are stupid! He makes people poor"

Conservatives will also say Hilary Clinton supporters are stupid but are less triggered. If you say you you voted for Clinton, most conservatives will just shrug their shoulders and explain why they don't support Clinton. Liberals on the other hand will get defensive and say how Trump is racist because of what they heard on TV or read online.

There are grey areas where facts get kinda subjective depending on how you view it.

I personally don't care much lol. I wish both political parties would either disappear or sit in one room together and sort out their differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas