Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 11:18 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Couple of decades ago we took my mother there for her 80th birthday. The Stratosphere did a wonderful job. Got us in through a side entrance and up to the rotating restaurant where we were well feed and well taken care of...We used a limo, Bell in fact, and that helped as he knew how it worked.

A recommendation for locals. If you have short stay local visitors use a limo. We always equip ours with the desired drinks and stop at a couple of places along the strip. You can control it from a couple of hours up and down the strip, to a bar crawl, to a dinner and drinks in many places. And most of the limo drivers are knowledgeable. May also work with the deluxe Lyft and Uber but we have not tried that yet.

And no one gets a DUI.
That's a good idea. Get a party together and rent the limo by the hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 11:24 PM

126 posts, read 93,155 times
Manny P couldn't sell out the MGM SiG. ......boo.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:15 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeers McGee View Post
Manny P couldn't sell out the MGM SiG. ......boo.
This guy? Manny Pacquiao driven to remain relevant at age 40

I don't follow boxing much but I do remember that big boxing match a couple years ago where there was an overflow of private jets at the airport.

Looks like he won. MGM just posted a video.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:34 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
I've been calling it The Strat all along. I like it. It seems weird to call it The Stratosphere. Who cares?

Old 07-21-2019, 01:16 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
It's the Stratosphere and always will be for me. The "D" and "Drew" are all stupid to me. I know a lot of locals use "Trop" for Tropicana, I use Tropicana. I don't like the shortening of names, but to each their own I suppose.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:19 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,028,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
What's wrong with The Drew? The new owner named it after his son Andrew who died of an opioid overdose in order to honor him and raise awareness to the issue.
I did not know that, but now that I do, that is a terrible name for a Las Vegas hotel.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:22 PM

Never buy something Carl Icahn is selling.

I hear in Icahn HQ they refer to the Drew as the Chump.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I did not know that, but now that I do, that is a terrible name for a Las Vegas hotel.
Can be argued name doesn't matter it's the product. Golden Knight.... Lol.

If McDonalds renamed quarter pounded to KHraP burger I'd still buy them.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:48 AM

26 posts, read 14,995 times
Default Dunkin Donuts Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
What if one day they renamed Yankee Stadium to W.B Mason Stadium or Dunkin Donuts Stadium or something?! I’m not calling it that! It’s Yankee Stadium forever.
Well, we now have United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Sadly, not many venues left without some form of naming rights.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:58 PM

111 posts, read 72,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Personally, I don’t really care what someone wants to call something as long as what I say is understood. I’ll keep calling it the Stratosphere. I hate cutesy nicknames and won’t use them for anything, whether it’s “veggies” or vacay or any other painful such thing. The Blazers play at the Moda Center but any fan who isn’t like 9 years old knows it’s called the Rose Garden and everyone still calls it that besides the radio, since they contractually have to honor the naming rights. It’s awful. What if one day they renamed Yankee Stadium to W.B Mason Stadium or Dunkin Donuts Stadium or something?! I’m not calling it that! It’s Yankee Stadium forever.
Ha, back in New York plenty of people (myself included) would still refer to where the Mets play as "Shea", even though it's been more than a decade since Citi Field opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas