Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 02:30 PM

1,341 posts, read 655,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
Illegal aliens break immigration laws and are rewarded with free healthcare for life, free education, free food, free housing.

As a US citizen, which laws do I have to break to get all this free stuff too? I seriously want to know.
Biden was saying how if he were elected President, he would fix the "broken immigration system".

From what I see, I think both parties want to have security on immigration. It's the execution part that gets confusing. People hate Trump the things he says gets twisted around and his campaign for "The Wall" has gotten bad criticism. He said Mexico would pay for the wall and that didn't happen.

Democratic news outlets bash Trump for treating immigrants coming into the country badly by separating them from their parents and putting them into "cages". Trump denied all of this and said this was something Obama started.

So.... I think the whole immigration issue is a mess not only how it is implemented but how it is covered in the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 03:37 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
Illegal aliens break immigration laws and are rewarded with free healthcare for life, free education, free food, free housing.

As a US citizen, which laws do I have to break to get all this free stuff too? I seriously want to know.
Tell us your thoughts on welfare for citizens. My bet is, you don't believe the government should provide social services either.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:44 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Yup.

All I need to know about Joe is in the dozens of videos of him touching kids inappropriately. I don't care if he has the best platform the world has ever seen. I'm not going to support an open pedophile.

Not just kids, women too. Many videos of him coming up behind women and putting his hands on them. If the choice was between Biden and Sanders, I would go for Sanders. He is an angry little man, but more likable because he isn't a sleaze. I am sure the media will spin something if they have to regarding him. Plus, I am not a Democrat. I am actually no party, but I lean Republican.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:23 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
A famous economist once said, "No candidate is either good or bad save the alternatives make him/her look that way."

Old 08-05-2019, 06:30 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I don't think the media have ever been non-partisan, but now they don't pretend.
exactly, I don't ever remember it this bad...

Old 08-05-2019, 06:36 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
If by “interesting” you mean “shïtshow”, then yeah, I agree.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:37 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Tell us your thoughts on welfare for citizens. My bet is, you don't believe the government should provide social services either.

Don't feed wild animals because it makes them dependent. Same goes for humans.

Want something? Earn it.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:36 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
One thing that I have read over and over is that the majority of the young are liberals while the majority of older people are conservatives. I have also heard that people tend to get more conservative the more money that they make. The first point confirms this as people tend to make more money the older they get. I am now getting to watch this in real time in this forum through the years. Money does change people, and not in a good way. If I succeed in my endeavors, I will stay the same and continue to pay my taxes to support the people that cannot. I am a liberal democrat for life.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:45 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
If I succeed in my endeavors, I will stay the same and continue to pay my taxes to support the people that cannot. I am a liberal democrat for life.

It's easy to make claims like this when you're ignorant to the future. If you're not privy to the things that wealthier older people know, you can't possibly say, with any kind of confidence, how you'll react.

The smart react to things as they come.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:54 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
It's easy to make claims like this when you're ignorant to the future. If you're not privy to the things that wealthier older people know, you can't possibly say, with any kind of confidence, how you'll react.

The smart react to things as they come.

I do know and see what is going on. I recently posted about the man who cleans the building where I work. I had said how he told me he is saving $7,000 a year in taxes under Trump's tax cuts. He is not just a housekeeper. He owns the company and has multiple employees. He told me how he made $90,000 last year. In disbelief, not only did he not have to pay ANY taxes, he got $500 back! Meanwhile, at my meager $14,500 salary I had to pay $1,400 in taxes between social security and federal. Yes, I am angry, very angry. I have rallied against this for years, but I never knew how bad it really was. Trump has made it many times worse. The funny thing is all the people doing this will be the reason this country fails. Unfortunately, they are going to bring down everyone else with them.

I could not, in good conscience, be a part of this. There are very rich liberals who do choose to pay their taxes because they know it is for the greater good. I also had posted how he is a liberal, as is his whole family. He is voting for Trump this next election. He is exactly what I will never allow myself to become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas