Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 08:20 PM

503 posts, read 598,412 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Rhodes Ranch and I couldn’t find an actual mailbox in front of the house. The homeowners association told me that I would need to pick up all mail at my own mailbox at the post office. Is this standard across all of Las Vegas? What’s the procedure for getting my mailbox?(I already have the mailbox key)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 08:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
I just moved to Rhodes Ranch and I couldn’t find an actual mailbox in front of the house. The homeowners association told me that I would need to pick up all mail at my own mailbox at the post office. Is this standard across all of Las Vegas? What’s the procedure for getting my mailbox?(I already have the mailbox key)
Find out which past office serves your house then go there and get them to help you get the right name on the place. It is actually routine. I also recommend hanging out where you can see the the mailbox. And then catch the route guy as he delivers. It is often a matter of what is marked on the box. You may also do well by putting a note on the back of the box door as to who lives there.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:35 AM

503 posts, read 598,412 times
So are most mailboxes located in the post office or rather in a common area?

Old 08-07-2019, 10:50 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
So are most mailboxes located in the post office or rather in a common area?
In Las Vegas mail boxes are generally located in the front of the home or in communal boxes every few blocks or some scattered central locations. Rhodes Ranch was built relatively late so I would expect communal boxes. Particularly if you have a key. Residential mail boxes are never at the post office. Those are private paid boxes.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:39 PM

111 posts, read 73,077 times
Communal boxes are pretty common across the country now, especially in new developments. The main exception are high-rises, where there's generally a mailroom downstairs where all the boxes are (not all that different from a communal box in the neighborhood, but at least more convenient). To be honest, having lived in big cities my whole life, I don't think I've ever had mail delivered to my door.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:00 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
I seem to recall the same routine when I bought my house here in Henderson. Advice above is good -- locate the mailbox cluster closest to your house, go to the PO in your area and get the process started. I think I needed to show proof of ownership of property. And to answer your question, your mail will be delivered to the mailbox you have the key for on your street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: