Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 07:04 PM

628 posts, read 397,920 times

Advertisements

After what happened, I have to come home every day with apprehension.

I am possibly even open to living in the sketchier area that would be close to the base and/or along Craig Road.

Does anyone know where I could rent even a small studio for 700.00 to 750.00 per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 01:55 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
I know there is an apt complex right across the street from Nellis AFB. Very loud with the planes taking off over there, but they are probably cheap. Also a mobile home park there too. You could literally walk to work from there.

Your best bet overall, is to get a cheap little car so you can expand your horizons. Instead of settling for the cheap crappy places near Nellis, you could live in a nice neighborhood and drive to work. By only taking the bus, you really limit where you can live.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:05 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,551,499 times
Using Craig and Nellis BLVD as the center and having a 3 mile radius, I only see 9 properties available under $1k in the MLS. Most are condos, 1 is a 2/1 SFR.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:50 AM

628 posts, read 397,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I know there is an apt complex right across the street from Nellis AFB. Very loud with the planes taking off over there, but they are probably cheap. Also a mobile home park there too. You could literally walk to work from there.

Your best bet overall, is to get a cheap little car so you can expand your horizons. Instead of settling for the cheap crappy places near Nellis, you could live in a nice neighborhood and drive to work. By only taking the bus, you really limit where you can live.
I have a nice room and have set very clear boundaries for the two suspect roommates.

The new guy claims to be a full time baggage handler for Delta, yet he is always home and then he asked me to buy him a car seat for his four year old daughter.

The bathtub incident was a complete lie. it has not been used in 9 months and does not even drip. I had to leave work Monday early in a complete frenzy. My cowoker said my face was bright red and I was breathing hard.

I did order the camera that a poster recommended in a separate post. I hope it is easy to install, I have no tools. I have no idea how this helps, I guess because of the motion detector.

I bet I could find another nice room with less roommates for 700.00. Eagle Trace is the complex across the street but very dubious characters there.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:32 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I have a nice room and have set very clear boundaries for the two suspect roommates.

The new guy claims to be a full time baggage handler for Delta, yet he is always home and then he asked me to buy him a car seat for his four year old daughter.

The bathtub incident was a complete lie. it has not been used in 9 months and does not even drip. I had to leave work Monday early in a complete frenzy. My cowoker said my face was bright red and I was breathing hard.

I did order the camera that a poster recommended in a separate post. I hope it is easy to install, I have no tools. I have no idea how this helps, I guess because of the motion detector.

I bet I could find another nice room with less roommates for 700.00. Eagle Trace is the complex across the street but very dubious characters there.
I ran the route of the Craig Road bus. 1 mile on either side. 4 below $1,000 cheapest $900. All are to the East side. All however are 2/2s so you might consider a roommate. Also ran the whole NW quadrant. 3 all above $900.

You may be able to do a little better with the apartment complexes. But I do not think you will get below $800.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:25 PM

What about those weird looking apts near Craig/Rancho. Old, bad paint jobs, but on the bus line. Next time we drive by there, I will check them out, or at least get a name. Any apts on Nellis will have some dubious characters there as well. As well as E. Craig. You just cannot win if you cannot branch out a little further. There is supposed to be a roommate finding service here in the valley, that could work. There are decent people out there to share a place with. You just have to find them. The best bet being an owner/family living there, renting out a room.

If we all work together, maybe some of us can find a solution for your living situation before next month.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:38 PM

Check out roommates.com for North Las Vegas. Plenty of rooms to rent for under what you are paying. Check it out.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:24 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
I think you should rent your own place and then rent out a room to someone else.. pay $1100mo.. rent room for $500, now youre at 600

Old 08-09-2019, 02:15 PM

That is a great idea airics. The roommates.com site had plenty of rooms available for $500 a month, so others are doing that as well. And how about the guy that wants to move here and live in his car, he said he would like a roommate deal. Maybe they could work together on that.

I see casita's for rent a lot in the nextdoor.com neighborhood forum, but they go just as fast as when they list them. some are no more than $600-$700 a month. It's like renting a room, but better, because no one else will be going in there but the renter. No shared bathrooms. That alone is worth it.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:37 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That is a great idea airics. The roommates.com site had plenty of rooms available for $500 a month, so others are doing that as well. And how about the guy that wants to move here and live in his car, he said he would like a roommate deal. Maybe they could work together on that.

I see casita's for rent a lot in the nextdoor.com neighborhood forum, but they go just as fast as when they list them. some are no more than $600-$700 a month. It's like renting a room, but better, because no one else will be going in there but the renter. No shared bathrooms. That alone is worth it.
If he does it this way, he has control. Can evict etc. has to clear it with landlord though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas