Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 01:40 PM

8 posts, read 11,888 times

Advertisements

Las Vegas Meadows | Manufactured Homes |Other Listings

Finding a safe quiet 55+ place to live when I finally decide to relocate can be stressful so any help from this community is appreciated. The link above is something I stumbled across and am asking if anyone has heard of this place. Thanks so much for any info that you can share.
Siincerely,
Ranger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 05:49 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,009,857 times
Good reviews on Yelp.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:08 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,222,506 times
Actually there are 3 or 4 of those along Valley View and Arville on the west side. Some are not officially 55+ but practically they are. In general the people living in them like them fine. The surrounding neighborhoods are not great but not terrible either. And you have excellent access to the strip and near strip resorts.

I have never shown in this one but it looks pretty nice to me. I have done a couple of deals in others and this looks to me better than most.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:34 PM

29 posts, read 19,432 times
What is lot rent? I have read that lot rents are rising fast.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,222,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWNLV View Post
What is lot rent? I have read that lot rents are rising fast.
Classically in a mobile home lot you do not own the plot your abode is on. You rent it from the operator. There are some such places in town where you do own the lot...but these are generally bigger lots.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:09 PM

255 posts, read 358,612 times
Thumbs up Have you considered Jaycees?

If your annual income is no more than $38,860, you may qualify to live at Las Vegas Jaycee Senior Citizens Mobile Home Community. The monthly land rental space is $240 which includes water, sewage, garbage, and basic Cox cable. I've lived there for the past five years. It's a beautiful community with a Clubhouse that includes 24 hour use of the pool and spa. It's located in Spring Valley at the corner of Jones & Harmon. All the homes are owner occupied. There are no rental units.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:47 PM

9 posts, read 29,704 times
Default live there

We live at the meadows 6 months out of the year nice place gated secure.pools, sauna, gym a little on the pricy side $800.00 a month but it is a nice clean park close to everything

Old 09-16-2019, 03:12 PM

100 posts, read 69,023 times
Attiva court 1) S Sandhill road. 2 )Valley View. 55+ Taco tue tomorrow at the clubhouse!

Old 09-21-2019, 11:55 PM

945 posts, read 777,892 times
I looked at a few homes there in 2017. The park seemed to be very well maintained and quiet.

The crazy issue was that mgmt was renting trailers for about the same price as the lot rental. It didn't make sense to buy, although the agent was trying to sell me a unit. Also you don't own the land and it is typically cost prohibitive to move your trailer if the park is closed. I'm not sure if you were looking to buy or rent. I wanted to buy, so I chose to buy a condo instead. Also, those metal trailers can get REALLY hot under the summer sun, so plan on high AC bills.

If you're looking to rent, just a short walk away (toward Sahara off of Valley View - turn right at the liquor store on El Conlin), is The Versailles. I lived there for three years and really liked it. I moved only to avoid rising rents as I live on a fixed income. The Versailles is cheaper than most other 55+ complexes of similar quality. However, there is likely a waiting list to get in.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:15 AM

23,071 posts, read 28,791,614 times
Desert Inn Estates I & II. If I had stayed in Las Vegas, I would have retired there. You own your own land and HOA dues, I believe, are around $100 a month. Desert Inn Estates II is large double wides, whereas Desert Inn Estates II has singles and doubles. They're both on Cabana Drive, not too far from Sam's Town.

Be leery of Mobile Home Parks that are advertising free mobile homes or dirt cheap mobiles. That indicates the lot rents was too high for some people and they deserted their homes.

I'm currently in a Mobile Home Co-op, but I don't believe Las Vegas has any of them, at least yet. And I'm surprised, with the high lot rents in some parks, people aren't banding together and buying the entire park and getting a loan to pay it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas