Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 06:36 AM

228 posts, read 196,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I sure hope not. I saw that stupid sub-80 day. Miserable. I want warm weather as long as possible. I love summers here! It’s so funny to me how much people hate the heat. I think the 110+ range is rough but that 100-107 range is fantastic, nice warm nights, I miss it already. The last thing I want is a cold winter or an early winter - my pool isn’t even finished until another 3 weeks! Grrr Lol.
I agree anything below 80 is cold. Winter in 2017 was fantastic, my first year here. Last Winter, while not as brutal as Texas, was too cold and wet. Give me those 100+ days. I don't use my AC much, but come, Winter, the heat is cranked up. All in all, you got to love Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 12:26 PM

628 posts, read 397,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyPilgrim View Post
-50 below wind chills here in Green Bay last year. I'll be in T-shirts there (at least my first year).
In 1993, I remember a day where it was minus 100 with the wind chill in La Crosse. And I am not exaggerating.

Old 12-25-2019, 12:29 PM

628 posts, read 397,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
It's already too cold if you ask me (a wimp). I wish we had what Phoenix winters are, in the 60's and 70's.
The 40-50 something days with 30s overnight this week are too chilly.
I routinely leave for work at 6:05 am and if it is in the fifties, I am perfectly comfortable with a short sleeve shirt and no jacket. By the time I get to Craig and Las Vegas Boulevard, the sun has risen and I am perfectly fine.

Must be my Scandinavian blood!

Old 12-26-2019, 10:07 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I routinely leave for work at 6:05 am and if it is in the fifties, I am perfectly comfortable with a short sleeve shirt and no jacket. By the time I get to Craig and Las Vegas Boulevard, the sun has risen and I am perfectly fine.

Must be my Scandinavian blood!
My blood is Norwegian and I am cold at anything below 75

Old 12-28-2019, 01:06 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,485,271 times
No wind to speak of this December. That's what makes 45 degrees cold, in my opinion.

Old 12-28-2019, 03:51 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Brutal winter in Las Vegas. Lol

Old 12-29-2019, 12:40 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
No wind to speak of this December. That's what makes 45 degrees cold, in my opinion.

It was super windy today, with it being in the mid-40's. Felt like winter for sure. But I like it brisk. Sure beats being hot every single day for 7 months in a row.

Old 12-29-2019, 01:09 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Yeah, again exactly as I said before I moved here. Some princesses are unbelievably sensitive to wind in a city that’s not any windier than any other US city, that’s just the facts. It’s within 1.5 mph average wind speed of basically every other city + / -. There wasn’t a single day in December with noticeable wind. Not one! I don’t know where these idiots get their complaints about the wind except you have to have something to complain about, I guess. In the 4+ months I’ve been in Las Vegas there were 2 days with substantial wind, one was a full day and one was just a night. There were maybe 5 other days with light wind where I wouldn’t be using a fire pit let’s say but it would be zero annoyance to everyday living. That is not windy. It isn’t windy in Vegas almost ever, yet some people act like it’s a 20 day per month ordeal like they’re living on the ocean or something. Windy is the Oregon Coast, where I spent my weekends as a kid, and you’ll see 50-60 mph winds and consistently 20-30. That’s wind. Whatever is going on in Vegas isn’t even worth mentioning unless you’re just so bored of life you’re trying to come up with nonsense that’s not worth talking about lol.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:23 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Yeah, again exactly as I said before I moved here. Some princesses are unbelievably sensitive to wind in a city that’s not any windier than any other US city, that’s just the facts. It’s within 1.5 mph average wind speed of basically every other city + / -. There wasn’t a single day in December with noticeable wind. Not one! I don’t know where these idiots get their complaints about the wind except you have to have something to complain about, I guess. In the 4+ months I’ve been in Las Vegas there were 2 days with substantial wind, one was a full day and one was just a night. There were maybe 5 other days with light wind where I wouldn’t be using a fire pit let’s say but it would be zero annoyance to everyday living. That is not windy. It isn’t windy in Vegas almost ever, yet some people act like it’s a 20 day per month ordeal like they’re living on the ocean or something. Windy is the Oregon Coast, where I spent my weekends as a kid, and you’ll see 50-60 mph winds and consistently 20-30. That’s wind. Whatever is going on in Vegas isn’t even worth mentioning unless you’re just so bored of life you’re trying to come up with nonsense that’s not worth talking about lol.

You haven't lived here long enough to consider yourself an expert on the weather. It does get windy here and it usually arrives March-May.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:24 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
We've already seen 20's in NYC. You're not getting any sympathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: