Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 07:52 PM

23,137 posts, read 28,884,753 times

Advertisements

It would certainly help to lower the speed limits on the major avenues in Las Vegas from 45 to 35, that way, instead of going 50-70 with the speed limit at 45MPH, at 35MPH, they'd lower their speed to 40-60MPH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 02:47 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,791,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I think the problem with this whole unsafe driving is the lack of enforcement and make the punishment more severe. If you step up the amount of tickets and really hit people in the wallet (fines, insurance increases, drivers license being taken away and cars impounded or seized). There needs to be accountability and remind people that driving a motor vehicle is a privilege.
One of my favorite things I've seen was a guy turn onto St rose pkwy, cutting off traffic. The first person he cut off was a motorcycle cop.

Another one, same road, guy in the fast lane not moving over for an ambulance blaring its sirens and flashing its lights. Squad car sees this, does a U turn over the median strip.

Both instances, justice was served. It's rare, but it does happen.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:39 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,710,434 times
[quote=OmegaSupreme;56470325]You dreamed up the shooter's vehicle had Mexican plates? Get this guy on the jury![/QUOTE

I was following the shooters truck for a good mile on Eastern before getting into the inner left turn lane at Charleston intersection. I have both front and rear dash cam coverage of the incident that's already been turned into METRO. If I provide proof. Do you agree to leave this forum for good and never come back.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:17 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,721,657 times
Be careful of those yellow flashing left turn arrows when there is heavy traffic. If are waiting at one of those and it turns red your instinct is to immediately make your left turn to get out of the way. Better to hesitate as I found out. People in the opposite traffic will run the red light well after it has turned red. If you turn to quick you are a sitting duck.

Old 10-24-2019, 03:09 PM

503 posts, read 593,964 times
Will police pull you over if you don't use your signals when turning or changing lanes?

Old 10-24-2019, 03:54 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,582,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
More weapons are not the answer to anything. My comment stands.
Violence -- and the threat of violence -- have solved move disagreements in human history than any other thing.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:12 PM

[quote=mojavedxer;56481777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
You dreamed up the shooter's vehicle had Mexican plates? Get this guy on the jury![/QUOTE

I was following the shooters truck for a good mile on Eastern before getting into the inner left turn lane at Charleston intersection. I have both front and rear dash cam coverage of the incident that's already been turned into METRO. If I provide proof. Do you agree to leave this forum for good and never come back.
Only if you ever learn to use quotes properly

Old 10-24-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
Will police pull you over if you don't use your signals when turning or changing lanes?
Not if you're white

Old 10-25-2019, 09:28 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,536,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I think the problem with this whole unsafe driving is the lack of enforcement and make the punishment more severe. If you step up the amount of tickets and really hit people in the wallet (fines, insurance increases, drivers license being taken away and cars impounded or seized). There needs to be accountability and remind people that driving a motor vehicle is a privilege.
Enforcement only goes so far. The problem is city planners and engineers just rubber stamped highway designs into residential streets. What you get are horribly over sized roads where you can see the curvature of the earth on them. When roads are wide, that gives a visual cue to motorists that it is very safe to speed.

The only thing that reduces speeding is slim roads. That is a philosophy city planners in Portland, Oregon have been implementing for the last few decades, and they are one of the cities with a Vision Zero(zero road fatalities) mandate.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:11 PM

23,137 posts, read 28,884,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
The police are mainly after the big bucks: DUI's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas