Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 01:02 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,044,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
Let's just stay with the facts that are available now. 207 pending causes and manner of death is referring to all deaths in Clark County, not just murders.
Well yeah... they haven't decided if they're homicides or not yet.

There is no way the numbers are legitimately down IMHO. There is a murder or two on the news every day now.

LV has a serious gang problem again ala early 90's with all the LA/Oakland expats moving in with their gang ties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 09:44 AM

1,086 posts, read 735,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post

There is no way the numbers are legitimately down IMHO. There is a murder or two on the news every day now.

LV has a serious gang problem again ala early 90's with all the LA/Oakland expats moving in with their gang ties.
I had not heard that about the gang problem but that is disappointing if it's accurate.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:23 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,218,025 times
The statistics is from the Review Journals list not the LVMPD. And in general the murder rate is considered a statistic that is very close to impossible to manipulate.The official FBI statistics do not come until next September for 2019.

There will be no significant change to the number unless they decide to consider the Alpine deaths to be homicides.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:51 AM

661 posts, read 626,197 times
The Review-Journal has been tracking all homicides in Clark County for 2019 on their murder map.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:12 AM

779 posts, read 466,151 times
Quote:

You can multi-quote so you don't have to make 5 new posts.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
I had not heard that about the gang problem but that is disappointing if it's accurate.
The first 2 years I lived here I didn't have problems in my section of town. Metro disbanded the gang unit for a year, and after about 6 months, there were definite problems and growing.

Metro re-instated the gang unit the following year and the activity has subsided in my area, but it has not returned to the pretty much non-existent presence it had beforehand. For now, though, it seems fairly stable.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
You can multi-quote so you don't have to make 5 new posts.
Multi-quote to 5 people in the same post? Sorry, I've been on BBS's since the early 90's, and I've never done that.

I don't check in here all the time, so sometimes I catch up. Sorry if that inconveniences you.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:35 AM

779 posts, read 466,151 times
Quote:
Multi-quote to 5 people in the same post? Sorry, I've been on BBS's since the early 90's, and I've never done that.

I don't check in here all the time, so sometimes I catch up. Sorry if that inconveniences you.
It doesn't inconvenience me at all. Just a friendly suggestion. It makes no difference if it's 5 different people you're quoting or just one person with 5 different quotes. Kind of an odd stipulation, but yeah, since you've never done that.....

Old 01-15-2020, 07:50 AM

101 posts, read 52,924 times
Quote:

Correct. More likely that the city dragged their bodies just over the border of Clark County and dumped them there to be handled by other jurisdictions to keep their numbers. Look at what happened with that psycho Mandalay Bay shooter, they buried that evidence. No motive. Ever.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:10 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,218,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4Nevada View Post
Correct. More likely that the city dragged their bodies just over the border of Clark County and dumped them there to be handled by other jurisdictions to keep their numbers. Look at what happened with that psycho Mandalay Bay shooter, they buried that evidence. No motive. Ever.
The only pending are simply those cases where the coroner has not yet issued a death certificate. It is almost entirely a queuing delay.

Any attempt to move bodies across lines would be immediately obvious. There is no substantial population on the other side of those lines.

The Mandalay Bsay shooting was investigated by virtually everyone including the Feds. No rational explanation was found by anyone. They were undoubtedly and always homicide but were treated as a separate category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas