Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 06:27 PM

779 posts, read 468,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnyc View Post
@JonathanLB

Why do you put down the people who live here? God, you're such an *******. I don't even care if I get kicked off this board.

It's been my bad luck that every time I check in here (not that often), you've just posted some insufferable crap (you're superior, the people here are stupid, blah blah.) People like you give people who move here a bad name.

I'm out.
He's a Chad. Stereotypical bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 06:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,285,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
He's a Chad. Stereotypical bro.
Come on ...he is entertaining to have around.

If he offends you do not take him seriously. Actually the extreme guys here are fun. the worst part is that the really good ones get banned. So let us hold to him. At least until the powers that be send him to the external darkness.

He has money, skills and communicates. So enjoy...

Old 01-12-2020, 06:37 PM

779 posts, read 468,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Come on ...he is entertaining to have around.

If he offends you do not take him seriously. Actually the extreme guys here are fun. the worst part is that the really good ones get banned. So let us hold to him. At least until the powers that be send him to the external darkness.

He has money, skills and communicates. So enjoy...
He doesn't offend me. I find humor in him!

Old 01-12-2020, 07:03 PM

1,086 posts, read 740,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
He doesn't offend me. I find humor in him!
I'd agree. I generally don't agree with him but I am sure he'd fun to grab a beer with.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:41 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,609,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
He has a hide like a rhino! I am starting to enjoy his posts and he is never offended by the responses.
No, I’m not offended. But in no way do I think or have ever said I’m better than anyone here. That’s ludicrous and not whatsoever what I believe or how I see the world. My ONLY purpose was to mention that many, many of us work jobs that don’t revolve around the Strip that’s all, and I realize that almost half of the people in the city do. I love the people in Vegas, they’re awesome! Just because I have a certain way of doing things or live my life a certain way doesn’t mean I think it’s the only way, it just means I am aware there are many ways of living here. I had many people right here rip into me because I said there are a lot of remote workers here and I was told I’m an idiot and I’m wrong, nobody is like that. So yes, I’ll come back and defend my point because I know I’m right. The difference between the majority and the minority is typically the majority thinks everyone shares their bubble and the minority is aware they don’t. When you want to say that everyone here depends on the local economy, it’s because you do and your friends do, so you think that’s everyone. It isn’t. You don’t see me saying everyone is like me, because I know they aren’t, so my only point was that there is a large contingent even if it’s only 10% of us who work for out of state companies or own out of state companies.

The people are maybe the best thing about Las Vegas and are very friendly and welcoming. Whatever you may think of something I post, I assure you I’m always nice to everyone in person and treat every single person as I would want to be treated. I do share more controversial opinions online but I also think I’m right and don’t feel guilty for saying what I think. If you disagree that’s fine, but it doesn’t make me wrong

PS: Don’t expect me to remember if you hate me, because I can’t keep track of user names and remember grudges. I just don’t do that online nor do I think it’s healthy. I still will treat every post on its own without remembering that you ripped into me, so it’s all good. When I have tried to explain something from a different point of view, I do understand how it could be offensive to say that people from other cities find houses in Vegas inexpensive. Especially if you work your butt off to save and out of towners come here and buy up houses. I totally get that, but please don’t take it out on me that it’s affordable by my standards coming from elsewhere.

Last edited by JonathanLB; 01-14-2020 at 08:08 PM..

Old 03-07-2020, 04:26 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,053,948 times
I do not like this at all.

"Median home price for Las Vegas valley breaks all-time record."

https://www.ktnv.com/news/median-hom...ll-time-record

Old 03-07-2020, 06:02 AM

260 posts, read 232,949 times
The economy is so good here I am having a difficult time hiring someone and starting pay is $17 an hour. Then people switch jobs so often it seems. One thing for sure rental rates for single family houses has really gone upwards. I purchased a number of houses in 2010-1012. One house use to get $12,50 in 2011, now gets $1,550 per month rent. All great signs of a stable economy.

Old 03-07-2020, 11:00 AM

1,086 posts, read 740,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I do not like this at all.

"Median home price for Las Vegas valley breaks all-time record."

https://www.ktnv.com/news/median-hom...ll-time-record
I am sorry you can't afford a house but remember it's still way below inflation adjusted numbers. From the RJ article yesterday:

"The median sales price of a previously owned house peaked in June 2006 at $315,000. Adjusting for inflation, that’s nearly $400,500 in today’s dollars — almost $84,500 above the current level."

Old 03-07-2020, 11:31 AM

2,280 posts, read 1,570,764 times
I really don't see record highs in SW home values either compared to back in 06 & 07.

Old 03-07-2020, 11:40 AM

661 posts, read 628,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
I really don't see record highs in SW home values either compared to back in 06 & 07.
From the LVRJ 3/6/2020 "The median sales price of previously owned single-family homes – the bulk of the market – reached an all-time high of $316,000 last month, $1,000 above the pre-recession record set in mid-2006, according to a new report from Las Vegas Realtors, or LVR, which pulls data from its resale-heavy listing service.

Prices last month were up 6.7 percent from a year earlier. February also had a big jump in sales, with buyers grabbing 2,471 houses, up 25.7 percent from February 2019, said the trade group, which recently changed its name from the Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas