Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 06:19 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,539,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You appear to believe that wet markets have been involved in multiple incidents. Kindly cite your source.

I thought eating raw fish was unthinkable when I went first to Japan. Came back and a Japanese friend took my wife and I to a good sushi restaurant. My wife loved it and I eventually joined her after she beat me out of my bias.

So you need something more specific. Weird diet is not threatening. Just different unless data says otherwise. +
The theory is that the virus hopped from a bat to a pangolin to a human in a Wuhan wet market. Because many different exotic animals are kept in cages, in close proximity to each other in terrible conditions, their immune systems are depressed and you get these viruses that hop the species barrier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 06:26 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,050,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
The theory is that the virus hopped from a bat to a pangolin to a human in a Wuhan wet market. Because many different exotic animals are kept in cages, in close proximity to each other in terrible conditions, their immune systems are depressed and you get these viruses that hop the species barrier.
That, or they were already infected when they were sold to the wet market by the virology lab. Perhaps someone placed the wrong cage of specimens on the truck for sale to the market?

Old 03-30-2020, 06:31 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,539,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
That, or they were already infected when they were sold to the wet market by the virology lab. Perhaps someone placed the wrong cage of specimens on the truck for sale to the market?
I've heard that theory as well. It's possible but we probably won't know the truth for a long time. Chinese provinces have a lot of autonomy from the central government and shady things like that are known to happen.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:39 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,793,920 times
Quote:
I didn't move the goalposts. The patented version of all Purell products contains the active ingredient:

Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%
The Purell I have here does NOT have this in it. It is alcohol-based.
It appears that Gojo is now selling a new "patent pending" formulation under the Purell brand name in response to the FDA warning letter.

You can find both on the GOJO website.

At any rate, your ridiculous outburst doesn't really negate anything I said. Until January 2020 hand sanitizer products sold under the Purell brand did not work against Covid-19. Since GOJO invented it, it's probably pretty safe to say nearly every other knockoff also didn't work, since they would have copied or licensed the recipe.
Please quote my "ridiculous outburst". I simply stated that you are wrong about the alcohol content in Purell. I have a bottle right here that states: 65% Ethyl Alcohol.
Clearly, manufacturers have changed their practices in light of the FDA investigation.
My bottle is at least 2 years old.
It's probably pretty safe to say there was still a fair amount of the previous product in circulation the first few weeks following announcement of the outbreak, when everyone was buying out stocks.

It also doesn't change the fact your doctor was using an FDA unapproved and untested drug on patients. I would find such a practice to be extremely questionable. Not all doctors are good ones. Mine washes his hands and puts on gloves from a sterile package.
I never mentioned a doctor. Do you have me confused with someone else?

Old 03-30-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I never mentioned a doctor. Do you have me confused with someone else?
Great, well slather that **** all over your hands if it makes you feel better.

You jumped into the middle of a convo with another user who said their doc had Purell all over the office.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Great, well slather that **** all over your hands if it makes you feel better.

You jumped into the middle of a convo with another user who said their doc had Purell all over the office.
You don't even take responsibility for your own written words! It's my fault you can't keep up?

Seriously, your doctor needs to up your medications before you become further unhinged.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
You don't even take responsibility for your own written words! It's my fault you can't keep up?

Seriously, your doctor needs to up your medications before you become further unhinged.
No. It's your fault *you* didn't read the thread before running your mouth.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
No. It's your fault *you* didn't read the thread before running your mouth.
You are one hot mess. Perhaps if you would try being less hostile and more truthful you might have some friends

Old 03-31-2020, 03:43 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,108,828 times
Dr. Vladimir Zelenko has now treated 699 coronavirus patients with 100% success using Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Zinc and Z-Pak [UPDATES] 3-28-20

EXCELLENT NEWS: Hydroxychloroquine Treatment Effective on 699 Patients [ video - starts around 1:28 ]

excerpt:

Last Wednesday, we published the success story from Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a board-certified family practitioner in New York, after he successfully treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100 percent success using a cocktail of drugs: hydroxychloroquine, in combination with azithromycin (Z-Pak), an antibiotic to treat secondary infections, and zinc sulfate. Dr. Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours after treatment.

Now, Dr. Zelenko provides updates on the treatment after he successfully treated 699 COVID-19 patients in New York. In an exclusive interview with former New York Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, Dr. Vladmir Zelenko shares the results of his latest study, which showed that out of his 699 patients treated, zero patients died, zero patients intubated, and four hospitalizations.

Dr. Zelenko said the whole treatment costs only $20 over a period of 5 days with 100% success. He defines success as “Not to die.” Dr. Zelenko first posted his Facebook video message last week calling on President Trump to “advise the country that they should be taking this medication.”

Old 03-31-2020, 08:42 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,250,804 times
Quote:
Purell doesn't contain 60%+ alcohol and is not recommended by the CDC. The FDA has instructed GOJO stop claiming its products prevent viral infections.

If your doctor is using Purell, I'd suggest finding another doctor.
What medical facilities do you go to that have no hand sanitizer? Actually, what grocery store or anywhere outside of your house have you been to that does not have auto hand sanitizer stations? CDC/WHO is putting out a lot of conflicting information. Including that masks arent helpful for the general public. The same CDC telling HCW's a bandana is acceptable PPE as a last resort. No, it not. It's not the public's fault hospitals and medical facilities didnt properly prepare. We knew about this virus last year. People might be jerks for hoarding, but facilities wouldnt normally buy masks from hardware stores. We order mostly from Henry Schein.

Last edited by Prosze; 03-31-2020 at 09:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas