Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 05:14 PM

1,341 posts, read 655,450 times

Advertisements

I just got the mask I ordered from Amazon delivered the other day. Took maybe a week to order and get it delivered. Bought from a vendor in California. Should I be worried? The mask was neatly packaged inside a plastic....not sure what you want to call it. There was a note that said this mask is not returnable due to the coronavirus and it had tips on how to prepare for the coronavirus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 05:25 PM

629 posts, read 619,818 times
Most masks don’t keep the virus out, fyi. Unfortunately, they are giving people a false sense of safety. They can help keep the secretions of sick people from spreading, though, so it is actually more effective for the infected to wear them than those being exposed.

Old 03-05-2020, 06:06 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Being that I am from Utah, I have a lot of family members that are preppers. They are going crazy like I have never seen before. One blog that I do follow is this one below. My brother was always emailing articles to me from it. It does give an outline of what he thinks is going to happen. If he is right we are screwed. He is what I would call a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I always have an open mind. I have 1 months worth of food and water stored up which is only because I rent a room and have no more space. You should have at least a years worth of food and water, among other things, at least that is what my family tells me.

How The Pandemic Crisis Will Probably Develop Over The Next Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Old 03-05-2020, 07:53 PM

779 posts, read 472,138 times
I have a ton of n95 masks and hand sanitizer because I spend a lot of my time exploring abandoned buildings in the desert SW with hantavirus. Wear them as a precaution when in enclosed buildings. Who knew I am sitting on my retirement. I won't be wasting them on the Coronavirus. People are nuts. Buying jugs of water? Is there no water from you tap? Hoarding TP? Okay.....

Insanity. Have staples and things for 2-3 weeks if you can't leave the house. There. Done.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:42 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,807,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
Most masks don’t keep the virus out, fyi. Unfortunately, they are giving people a false sense of safety. They can help keep the secretions of sick people from spreading, though, so it is actually more effective for the infected to wear them than those being exposed.
maybe a salt coated mask?
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/m...navirus-2020-2

or one with a couple of sprays of colloidal silver?

Old 03-06-2020, 05:37 AM

645 posts, read 707,115 times
I heard for young and healthy people, (20 to 50 ish?) Even if you get the virus there is good chance you will recover, they say if you are healthy then there is really no need to worry, is that right. However for seniors it's like angel of death!

Old 03-06-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
I heard for young and healthy people, (20 to 50 ish?) Even if you get the virus there is good chance you will recover, they say if you are healthy then there is really no need to worry, is that right. However for seniors it's like angel of death!

This post should help -- please read this:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curr...te-health.html

Take home points:
  • For age 60 and above, 92% to 97% recover
  • For young adults, 99.6% to 99.8% recover
  • For children under the age of 10, 100% recover (zero mortality)
  • Some 80% of coronavirus deaths are patients with significant pre-existing conditions, so if you are healthy the real number is much lower.

Last edited by RationalExpectations; 03-06-2020 at 08:31 AM..

Old 03-06-2020, 09:12 AM

645 posts, read 707,115 times
Thanks a lot!

Old 03-06-2020, 09:34 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
Many people are probably walking around with the virus. My concern is about the impact this is going to have on hospitals and healthcare workers. The main message to the public should be to not run to a hospital for testing unless you are experiencing difficult or labored breathing. If you are sick stay home and take care of yourself as you would normally. This is going to require cooperation from all of us if we want to slow/stop the spread. People most at risk depend on the rest of us. Besides, with most insurance plans you will most likely be paying some out of pocket.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
The main message to the public should be to not run to a hospital for testing unless you are experiencing difficult or labored breathing. If you are sick stay home and take care of yourself as you would normally.
^^^ Everyone should read this twice. ^^^

Actually, print it out & tape it to your fridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas