Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 01:06 PM

8,414 posts, read 4,571,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
And did you learn anything from the actual physician that spoke after Trump when he essentially said that Trump is full of hot air when it comes to Chloroquine? The dosage for chloroquine is very near the toxic levels. Enough so that idiots who subscribe to "more is better" will end up putting themselves in the ICU for chloroquine toxicity.

What's scary is people who are selling the fish medicine that contains Chloroquine for $1500. How do you translate a fish dosage to a human dosage with the threshold to toxicity is so close? The fact that they are asking $1500 is proof to me that they intended this for human consumption and not for your goldfish. I'd like to see the sellers held responsible for their greed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2020, 01:34 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
LMAO. Come look at my toilets, hose, sink, dishwasher filter, and anything else tap water touches then tell me it's safe to drink.

I wouldn't let a dog drink the tap water.
Stop being a cheapskate and buy a softener.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
70% of bottled water is untested! I won't drink it! And why do so many people buy it? It tastes better!
Most bottled water *is* tap water. There was a study done on this in the early 2000s.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Vegas tap water is disgusting and frankly no tap water is “safe to drink” long term, not by a long shot. Watch the movie Dark Waters that came out last year and tell me it’s safe. It isn’t. A good RO system will lower the particular matter to 5-10 parts per million. Our water tastes perfect and pure, nothing nasty in it. Better than bottled water.
I drink Lake Mead though a GE MWF filter on my fridge. Does a very good job according to my taste buds and my TDS meter.

Everything else in the house goes through a softener except outside taps and the kitchen sink.

I've been here 6 years now and haven't died from the water, yet.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:50 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Stop being a cheapskate and buy a softener.

I buy distilled. I want NOTHING in my water.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I buy distilled. I want NOTHING in my water.
You'll end up with osteoporosis in old age if all you drink is distilled. The lack of minerals in the water will cause those same minerals to be leeched from your bones.

Even reverse-osmosis filtration has an end stage filter that adds essential minerals back to the water.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:05 PM
EA

I'm not living past 60 anyway.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:31 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
I'm not living past 60 anyway.
Now you did it, EA! God saw you writing that and now he's really going to punish you to no end! Next to your name, he inserted the number 105! Last 20 years in a Nursing home, suffering a stroke that leaves you so paralyzed you can't even kill yourself or even talk!

Now if you said you wanted to live until 100, he would have put 60 next to your name!

Too late now!

Old 03-22-2020, 08:53 PM

Christ... my only point was that the water here is perfectly drinkable. Is it nasty? YUP! Although even I will admit after a few months, you'll get used to it and won't even notice.

The filtered water comes through about as "sparkling clean" as any bottled water you're going to buy.

At any rate, it passes all federally mandated health standards for consumption. Whether you want to drink it or not is up to you.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:15 AM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Now you did it, EA! God saw you writing that and now he's really going to punish you to no end! Next to your name, he inserted the number 105! Last 20 years in a Nursing home, suffering a stroke that leaves you so paralyzed you can't even kill yourself or even talk!

Now if you said you wanted to live until 100, he would have put 60 next to your name!

Too late now!

Lol, you pay attention to me!!

With my crappy lungs, family history, and penchant for pissing people off, I doubt I make it anywhere near 60.

The government has ruled a lot of things safe that aren't.
Can someone remind what Tom Petty died of?
How many people are killed by over the counter medication? Alcohol?

Remember when we had lead paint and asbestos insulation?

I trust the government and their regulations about as far as I can throw the white house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas