Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Las Vegas economy on January 1st. 2021
Better than now 15 44.12%
Same, no change 5 14.71%
Run of the mill recession 11 32.35%
Full blown depression 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 02:47 PM

395 posts, read 272,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
It's not a hard science, but you can still discern whether predictions were accurate and study historical economic systems to inform your decisions for the future. I took umbrage with her saying she has a "real" economist, give your comment it seems you do too?
Some science is still better than no science at all!

Old 07-18-2020, 02:50 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I have been following him for over 10 years and have never have heard him talk like this. Now, he almost sounds like my doomsday preppers that I follow. As far as being a real economist, see below. He is highly educated in economics.

He says right here in the video below that this is the first time in his life that he sees a total breakdown of the system is a very real possibility. He outlines 4 problems in this video that are converging. I really do not see how anyone could say his thesis is wrong in this video? If so, how? As he said in the video, we have kicked the can down the road too long. What he said at the end really hit me on how the system almost broke down in the Great Depression, and why it could happen this time.

Wolff Responds: When Systems Implodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRWWRFyEc8

I don't know, he's been pretty pessimistic for a while. Are you promoting his ideas for fixing the system, or just wanting to use his negative outlook?

Pretty negative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjA6Bnh9p5o

Pretty negative

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...street-america

Quote:
Consider simply that the negative equity of US homeowners is estimated now at $ 700bn. That is how much more they owe on their homes than those homes are worth. This new bill proposes $26bn in aid for that problem. No such timidity attended the trillions provided for the trickle-down bailouts since 2007. The banks are happy with this proposed settlement's low cost to them.
While the government's help to homeowners is far from adequate or just, it represents a partial and late recognition of trickle-down economics' inadequacy as policy. It further concedes the need for some trickle up. What happens next depends on the evolution of this crisis and of the political forces gathering strength.
Those factors will determine how long the beneficiaries of trickle-down economics can sustain the policy's dominance and continue to shift its costs onto the mass of people through austerity programs. Those same factors will also determine whether we see next a further shift to trickle-up economics – or a more basic challenge to an economic system whose instability is so severe and so socially costly.

Old 07-18-2020, 03:05 PM

223 posts, read 156,719 times
Quote:
I have been following him for over 10 years and have never have heard him talk like this. Now, he almost sounds like my doomsday preppers that I follow. As far as being a real economist, see below. He is highly educated in economics.

He says right here in the video below that this is the first time in his life that he sees a total breakdown of the system is a very real possibility. He outlines 4 problems in this video that are converging. I really do not see how anyone could say his thesis is wrong in this video? If so, how? As he said in the video, we have kicked the can down the road too long. What he said at the end really hit me on how the system almost broke down in the Great Depression, and why it could happen this time.

Wolff Responds: When Systems Implodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRWWRFyEc8
Speaking as an Econ major and had professors that came the Umass Amherst school of Economics, I would not trust a single word this guy says. He has had a clear agenda for over 30 years and is a Marxist. This article is a little dated, but has a good breakdown of that department.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

Old 07-18-2020, 03:48 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
I don't know, he's been pretty pessimistic for a while. Are you promoting his ideas for fixing the system, or just wanting to use his negative outlook?

Pretty negative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjA6Bnh9p5o

Pretty negative

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...street-america

This is why it is pointless to debate you. All you do is deflect over and over again. You did exactly the same thing in a different thread when you said David Rockefeller was not setting up a world government, and I showed the quote where he admitted exactly that from his own autobiography in 2002, which is also in this thread. I then posted this and you would not address either point as you deflected to something else.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/

One world global citizen in 2020 sponsored by the World Health Organization. Can it not be any more freaking obvious? You had to change the subject quickly after posting both of these, eh?

Now you are doing it again. I asked you how Richard's thesis is wrong which uses 4 strong indicators to back it up? Crickets on that, but you now come back that he was negative back in 2012. Really??? I never said he wasn't negative before, only that he was not forecasting a depression/economic collapse.

I am right, and will continue to be right because I have the plan that was put out 20 years by the global elites. It took me until 2 or 3 months ago to actually believe it. Even know I kept seeing things described in it happening year after year, the concept of our entire country being bought and paid for, and therefore controlled, could not be accepted by me, until now that is. George Carlin obviously knew about it too as I can see that in the video of him I posted earlier. I am going to keep the plan to myself. What is funny is even if I did post it, no one would believe it anyways.

The plan is general in nature, but it gives me enough to say the following. The United States is going to suffer a full blown economic collapse no matter what. I keep hearing that COVID-19 will be under control if we all wear masks and social distance. That may be true, but then something else will happen. If you look at my former posts, I say that this poll includes all black swans, and this is the reason behind it. Ever notice that COVID-19 completely disappeared from the media during the riots, but then instantly came back with a vengeance once they ended? This is not a coincidence. If/when COVID-19 gets under control, something else will take its place, guaranteed.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:21 PM

1,086 posts, read 746,686 times
Quote:

The plan is general in nature, but it gives me enough to say the following. The United States is going to suffer a full blown economic collapse no matter what. I keep hearing that COVID-19 will be under control if we all wear masks and social distance. That may be true, but then something else will happen. If you look at my former posts, I say that this poll includes all black swans, and this is the reason behind it. Ever notice that COVID-19 completely disappeared from the media during the riots, but then instantly came back with a vengeance once they ended? This is not a coincidence. If/when COVID-19 gets under control, something else will take its place, guaranteed.
So are you shorting the stock market? I assume you have put all money you have into this since your gut says it's a guarantee, right? 100%! All in! Assuming you are a person who stands by your word then good luck!

Old 07-18-2020, 04:42 PM

365 posts, read 423,762 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/overwhelm...185314255.html

Old 07-18-2020, 04:52 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
So are you shorting the stock market? I assume you have put all money you have into this since your gut says it's a guarantee, right? 100%! All in! Assuming you are a person who stands by your word then good luck!

First off, why would I short the stock market since I have always said it is most likely heading up, even as it was falling in March? Take a look at the indices on March 15th and you will see I am correct. Second, the stock market has absolutely nothing to do with the economy, and I mean nothing at all. The market can continue to go up even in a full blown economic collapse. This happened in Venezuela for years before finally collapsing at the very, very end. There is no way I would I short this beast. As usual, my post from 3-15-20 has come true, especially the highlighted area. I even linked the direct post, so no one can claim I made this up.

Quote:
If this was just a virus with a 2% kill rate, I would tend to agree with you. It is the bursting of the everything bubble that is the problem. I just got word that the fed went all in and dropped rates to to zero. A huge QE has been started and we are not even in a recession yet. Stocks and housing could now start rising again breaking all time highs over and over again. If this happens, everyone will think the fed saved the day again and this is over. It is not. We have structural problems in the economy that need to be fixed. I personally think we are too far gone for that. As far as real estate bulls in this thread, they may continue to be right for the time being. I don't know. I am looking at the bigger picture, not short term noise.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57575058-post52.html

Seriously, this is getting old. QE means rising stock and housing prices, it is as simple as that. Do you want me to pull up what you were saying at this time and compare who was right or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post

Yep, all going according to plan.

I am going to add this for anyone new who does not want to go through the whole thread. Watch this video by George Carlin. He is 100% spot on. I just watched it again. The "owners" he is talking about are the global elites. I really wish he could be here now! RIP

George Carlin on who owns America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK7FPSFdkEc

Last edited by Katie the heartbreaker; 07-18-2020 at 05:18 PM..

Old 07-18-2020, 05:41 PM

1,086 posts, read 746,686 times
Quote:
First off, why would I short the stock market since I have always said it is most likely heading up, even as it was falling in March? Take a look at the indices on March 15th and you will see I am correct. Second, the stock market has absolutely nothing to do with the economy, and I mean nothing at all. The market can continue to go up even in a full blown economic collapse. This happened in Venezuela for years before finally collapsing at the very, very end. There is no way I would I short this beast. As usual, my post from 3-15-20 has come true, especially the highlighted area. I even linked the direct post, so no one can claim I made this up.

Seriously, this is getting old. QE means rising stock and housing prices, it is as simple as that. Do you want me to pull up what you were saying at this time and compare who was right or not?

I am going to add this for anyone new who does not want to go through the whole thread. Watch this video by George Carlin. He is 100% spot on. I just watched it again. The "owners" he is talking about are the global elites. I really wish he could be here now! RIP

I can't keep up with you, as I am a bit slow, but I am sure you're right since you had the gut feeling. Also, I love when you quote dead comedians. Good stuff. What does Richard Pryor have to say about all this? Maybe can't print that here!?

Good luck to you Katie. I hope you are wrong with all your doomsday, and believe you will be, but it's fun in the meantime to watch who you will quote next.

Old 07-18-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
This is why it is pointless to debate you. All you do is deflect over and over again. You did exactly the same thing in a different thread when you said David Rockefeller was not setting up a world government, and I showed the quote where he admitted exactly that from his own autobiography in 2002, which is also in this thread. I then posted this and you would not address either point as you deflected to something else.
It's not deflecting when you're proven incorrect. You acted like this was the only REAL economist and his opinion is now way different, it's clear he's NOT the only REAL economist and his opinion is not much different than it's ever been being an anti-capitalist. So it's a legitimate question to YOU. Do you agree with his anti-capitalism and Marxist view, because that's what leads him to predict what he does. You can't separate the two.

It's a pandemic that our current leaders failed miserably at, and affected the global economy. That doesn't mean that Marxism is or isn't correct, and certainly doesn't validate opinions that were formed prior to a pandemic which shut down the economy happening. If anything it makes it impossible for you to be right because it is the cause, it's impossible to know now.

Will we go into recession and depression? I suspect we might, however not from what he's saying. I have my own abilities to think and my own academic background to rely on while researching this information.
Quote:

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/

One world global citizen in 2020 sponsored by the World Health Organization. Can it not be any more freaking obvious? You had to change the subject quickly after posting both of these, eh?
What do you think this proves? When the song "We are the World" was produced, did you view it as a destruction of all countries? Of course we are part of a global citizenship in that we're all on the same planet.
Quote:

Now you are doing it again. I asked you how Richard's thesis is wrong which uses 4 strong indicators to back it up? Crickets on that, but you now come back that he was negative back in 2012. Really??? I never said he wasn't negative before, only that he was not forecasting a depression/economic collapse.

I am right, and will continue to be right because I have the plan that was put out 20 years by the global elites. It took me until 2 or 3 months ago to actually believe it. Even know I kept seeing things described in it happening year after year, the concept of our entire country being bought and paid for, and therefore controlled, could not be accepted by me, until now that is. George Carlin obviously knew about it too as I can see that in the video of him I posted earlier. I am going to keep the plan to myself. What is funny is even if I did post it, no one would believe it anyways.

You must be very wealthy and powerful by now since you know the plan that's being executed, and have known about it for some time.

That's how news cycles works, when something new comes up it's in the news. Blame viewers who watch the crap.

Fundamentally the problem with your one world argument is that the destruction of our country, and other powerful countries will result in LESS globalization and MORE nationalism and fear and hatred. There will be MORE war torn immigrants and MORE instability which is a real threat to the people you think are causing this. It could very well topple them and send us back to regional powers and war. It does the opposite of what you think it does.

Old 07-18-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:

You mean this QE?
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0625140725.htm

Quote:
A new study shows that the central bank tool known as quantitative easing helped consumers substantially during the last big economic downturn -- a finding with clear relevance for today's pandemic-hit economy.
More specifically, the study finds that one particular form of quantitative easing -- in which the U.S. Federal Reserve purchased massive amounts of mortgage-backed securities -- drove down mortgage interest rates, allowed consumers to refinance their house loans and spend more on everyday items, and in turn bolstered the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: