Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 12:43 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times

Advertisements

Nope I was wrong. It is 583 currently hospitalized statewide, its not accumulative, and 139 of those are in ICU. I found another news station that links to the direct press conference. So it's not fear mongering. Just the facts.

Too early to tell when COVID-19 peak will arrive, Clark County health officials say

Plus two more companies offer alternative temporary housing for frontline healthcare workers in Las Vegas.

AirBNB offers free housing for Las Vegas health workers fighting COVID-19

Marriott Donates $10 Million in Hotels Stays for Frontline Healthcare Workers

Old 04-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
You may as well start quoting the National Enquirer, Star, and Weekly World News.

The Register, Daily Mail, and The Sun are all tabloids. There are a few others as well.

If you're getting your news from tabloids well, let me know when they find the captain of the Titanic again floating around in a lifeboat with a freshly pressed suit.
Don't be silly. Daily Mail and The Sun aren't equivalent to the National Enquirer, Star or Weekly World News. LOL! Nor is equating epidemiologists and virologist models to weather forecasters.

Quote:
We still haven't surpassed flu deaths in 2017. Better hurry up because flu season is almost over.
Yeah cuz it's not like we're in a pandemic or anything.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:52 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,057,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Don't be silly. Daily Mail and The Sun aren't equivalent to the National Enquirer, Star or Weekly World News. LOL! Nor is equating epidemiologists and virologist models to weather forecasters.

Yeah cuz it's not like we're in a pandemic or anything.
The certainly are. Go Google yourself a list of UK tabloids and guess who's on there?

A tabloid is a tabloid. If you're getting your news from tabloids please let me know when the aliens have landed.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
The certainly are. Go Google yourself a list of UK tabloids and guess who's on there?

A tabloid is a tabloid. If you're getting your news from tabloids please let me know when the aliens have landed.
I don't have to. I'm a educated and trained journalists with over a decade of experience and knowledge to discern the difference between various media sources. The Daily Mail has one of the largest news rooms and TV shows and covers way more legitimate news than the National Enquirer, etc that make up those alien stories. You won't see those same stories in the Daily Mail but you will get celebrity gossip which isn't always unfounded. Not all tabloids are equal.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I don't have to. I'm a educated and trained journalists with over a decade of experience and knowledge to discern the difference between various media sources. The Daily Mail has one of the largest news rooms and TV shows and covers way more legitimate news than the National Enquirer, etc that make up those alien stories. You won't see those same stories in the Daily Mail but you will get celebrity gossip which isn't always unfounded. Not all tabloids are equal.
An educated journalist who gets their news from a tabloid! I've really heard it all, now!

Old 04-11-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
An educated journalist who gets their news from a tabloid! I've really heard it all, now!
A guy on a forum that thinks he knows more about media than a journalist and more about science than the doctors. Go figure.

Our News Director always sent us Daily Mail articles to work from. It was weird at first but I got over it quickly.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
A guy on a forum that thinks he knows more about media than a journalist and more about science than the doctors. Go figure.

Our News Director always sent us Daily Mail articles to work from. It was weird at first but I got over it quickly.
Next thing you know, you'll be posting links to The Onion and Sorcha Faal.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:18 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Man, I am glad I lost 15 grand for 600 people.

Can I get their names? I want to send them all an invoice for lost revenue.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:19 PM

848 posts, read 648,249 times
Quote:
Nope I was wrong. It is 583 currently hospitalized statewide, its not accumulative, and 139 of those are in ICU. I found another news station that links to the direct press conference. So it's not fear mongering. Just the facts.

Too early to tell when COVID-19 peak will arrive, Clark County health officials say

Plus two more companies offer alternative temporary housing for frontline healthcare workers in Las Vegas.

AirBNB offers free housing for Las Vegas health workers fighting COVID-19

Marriott Donates $10 Million in Hotels Stays for Frontline Healthcare Workers

Where does it say in the top article that 583 is the current number statewide? It simply says the following: "Another 583 people have been hospitalized, including 139 people in intensive care." Furthermore, SNHD is not reporting for the entire state as you claim in your post.

I reviewed the SNHD April 6, 2020 data to the data provided by the governor at his press conference that same day. The SNHD report listed 417 hospitalizations under the cumulative, not active, number of cases. The governor stated at the press conference there were 282 people hospitalized on that date for COVID-19 in the state. I am afraid you appear to be citing a cumulative number of hospitalizations, not a current number.

I also took note in the interview with the health officials in the top article that one of them specifically said there has been no surge in cases in the ER departments while another official is trying to be dismissive of IHME but does not indicate what other models they claim to be consulting. Another official says cases are leveling off, hospitals are below capacity, but, without explanation or hesitation, claims that they expect the numbers to go up. Of course, she is not challenged on that final assertion.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Where does it say in the top article that 583 is the current number statewide? It simply says the following: "Another 583 people have been hospitalized, including 139 people in intensive care." Furthermore, SNHD is not reporting for the entire state as you claim in your post.

I reviewed the SNHD April 6, 2020 data to the data provided by the governor at his press conference that same day. The SNHD report listed 417 hospitalizations under the cumulative, not active, number of cases. The governor stated at the press conference there were 282 people hospitalized on that date for COVID-19 in the state. I am afraid you appear to be citing a cumulative number of hospitalizations, not a current number.

I also took note in the interview with the health officials in the top article that one of them specifically said there has been no surge in cases in the ER departments while another official is trying to be dismissive of IHME but does not indicate what other models they claim to be consulting. Another official says cases are leveling off, hospitals are below capacity, but, without explanation or hesitation, claims that they expect the numbers to go up. Of course, she is not challenged on that final assertion.
In the video. Was the 282 number for Southern Nevada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas