Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 01:08 PM

9,877 posts, read 7,207,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
And there it is, folks... remember how I kept getting berated for my "tin-foil hat" theories about the Wuhan Coronavirus? Seems I'm not the only one with that theory....

https://www.ktnv.com/news/coronaviru...of-coronavirus
And I quote: President Donald Trump and some of his officials are flirting with an outlier theory that the new coronavirus was set loose on the world by a Chinese lab that let it escape. Without the weight of evidence, they’re trying to blame China for sickness and death from COVID-19 in the United States.

Outlier = a person or thing situated away or detached from the main body or system.

Without the weight of evidence = no proof

And I quote further: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo adds, “The mere fact that we don’t know the answers — that China hasn’t shared the answers — I think is very, very telling.”

So we don't know the answer, China isn't saying so that tells me what - nothing.

C'mon - loosen the tin foil a bit.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:11 PM

472 posts, read 244,298 times
Quote:
And there it is, folks... remember how I kept getting berated for my "tin-foil hat" theories about the Wuhan Coronavirus? Seems I'm not the only one with that theory....

The problem is many people don't want to think for themselves. They take the narrative that's rammed down their throats and run with it. They'd rather be force fed garbage information from MSM and be part of the sheep gang that follow along blindly.

God gave me a brain. I intend to use it. I applaud others that do as well. If that makes me a "tin-foil hat wearing lunatic", then so be it.

There are only so many times I can tell the people that don't question things (especially when it starts to smell like BS) "I told you so". Thankfully a lot of my friends are woke and see this situation for what it is.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:12 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
It's coming from Trump's team so... 30% of the country believes it came from a lab now. Still unproven.

Anyways, approx 4,600 people died in 24 hours in the U.S. from COVID19. We've never seen these numbers from China or Europe. https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...it-11587031743

~35K people have died in a month here and that's with social distancing. We've reached half the flu season deaths for a year.

But sure let's take the parachute off now that our rate of descent has slowed a little.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:16 PM

395 posts, read 272,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
And I quote: President Donald Trump and some of his officials are flirting with an outlier theory that the new coronavirus was set loose on the world by a Chinese lab that let it escape. Without the weight of evidence, they’re trying to blame China for sickness and death from COVID-19 in the United States.

Outlier = a person or thing situated away or detached from the main body or system.

And I quote further: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo adds, “The mere fact that we don’t know the answers — that China hasn’t shared the answers — I think is very, very telling.”

So we don't know the answer, China isn't saying so that tells me what - nothing.

These are the same "stable geniuses" that didn't want to believe our own intelligence agencies
stating that Russia had interfered in our elections. Yeah....that inspires confidence in what
the WH is propagating now.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:

That hypothesis has been around for a while. One of many. It is no more credible because Trump likes it.

Though I would not be surprised if the Trumpites run with it.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:23 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post

Well, the Libs believe everything else the Media spits out about Coronavirus. Why not this?

Old 04-17-2020, 01:25 PM

Stimulus money hard at work. No money to pay rent to their landlords, though!

Old 04-17-2020, 01:27 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Well, the Libs believe everything else the Media spits out about Coronavirus. Why not this?
I have followed the discussion all along. There are nothing so far except theories. I do not think there is any definitive view on the origin of the virus. Just various theories. Maybe in a year or two we will get a conclusion...but maybe not.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
These are the same "stable geniuses" that didn't want to believe our own intelligence agencies
stating that Russia had interfered in our elections. Yeah....that inspires confidence in what
the WH is propagating now.
Yup okay... remember when the Tin-Foil hat wearers told you the government was spying on your Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc and people like you refused to believe it?

Then Edward Snowden came along...

I find the fact that China refuses to be forthcoming with data, evidence, circumstances at the lab and was actively silencing those who tried to speak out to be very telling.

If this was just some flu someone caught from a bat there would be no need to hide any of it.

Critical thinking folks...

Old 04-17-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
It's coming from Trump's team so... 30% of the country believes it came from a lab now. Still unproven.

Anyways, approx 4,600 people died in 24 hours in the U.S. from COVID19. We've never seen these numbers from China or Europe. https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...it-11587031743

~35K people have died in a month here and that's with social distancing. We've reached half the flu season deaths for a year.

But sure let's take the parachute off now that our rate of descent has slowed a little.
That's funny... CDC's stats go back to January. So 33,049 on CDC's site right now in 4 months, not 1.

Why do so many on here have repeated issues correctly stating and interpreting statistics?

Why do the Liberals seem to WANT the disaster to continue and be much larger than it actually is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas