Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 09:43 AM

42,832 posts, read 26,218,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter87135 View Post
Sisolak The Stupid yesterday also banned chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, two drugs that HAVE shown promise in treating COVID-19 in various people who have contracted COVID-19. Why did Sisolak The Stupid do this? Because a Phoenix man and his wife drank fish tank cleaner that contained chloroquine phosphate, putting them into critical condition. That's why!

Ok Sisolak The Stupid, you need to have something explained to you. Chloroquine HAS indeed shown promise as a therapeutic against COVID-19. The ban you ordered will not stop people from drinking fish tank cleaner that contains chloroquine phosphate. Your action in banning these chemicals will have no effect in protecting people, and indeed you have endangered people because you have banned two chemicals that have shown promise in mitigating COVID-19. These drugs have done little harm over decades of use in people.

This governor is beyond help and frankly has become...pitiful. He must be recalled as soon as practicably possible. Indeed, for this state to become healthy again, Sisolak's recall has become imperative. If the people of this state allow him to remain governor after this episode reasonably passes, then the people of this state will richly deserve what befalls them. People who are this stupid, like Sisolak, tend to continue doing pretty stupid things in the future. And if you don't recall him, Sisolak The Stupid will come back to bite you every time.
Come on now at least be honest. He banned them for treating Covad-19 because contrary to your claim there is no evidence that they are useful. But there are other conditions which require treatment with those drugs and he did not ban them from being prescribed to treat those.

Quote:
In a letter to the governor, the Pharmacy Board noted that the safety and the efficacy of the drugs “have not been established” in the treatment of COVID-19 and that “an emergency exists due to the hoarding and stockpiling” of the drugs.

The governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis, requires the appropriate prescription coding for their “legitimate medical purposes,” and limits prescriptions to a 30-day supply.

“At this point in time, there is no known cure for COVID-19 and we must not withhold these drugs from those who need them,” the governor said in a statement. “The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home for Nevada, not to stockpile these drugs.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...drugs-1990149/

Old 03-25-2020, 09:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,353,035 times
Oh my, op, that's like saying all the Mayors and all the Governors and all the MDs with their suggestions
want the economic fall of their cities.
Seems those that want to keep things open I could say want the discomfort and possible
death of co-workers and neighbors.

New Orleans, being an international destination for Fat Tuesday, like LV - should have had a stop to
celebrations but it was a bit early to have known I think.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:51 AM

It seems 'jupiter', the op's name, was an appropriate name to choose.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:03 AM

I'm gonna change to a more appropriate name, myself..."Earthling".

Old 03-25-2020, 10:40 AM

7,048 posts, read 4,498,132 times
Vic, a friend of mine got a emergency text yesterday and I watched the governor’s news conference yesterday. We are shelter in place. People can still exercise if they practice social distancing and workers are now carrying letters in their car from their employers saying they are essential.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:57 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,743,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Vic, a friend of mine got a emergency text yesterday and I watched the governor’s news conference yesterday. We are shelter in place. People can still exercise if they practice social distancing and workers are now carrying letters in their car from their employers saying they are essential.
I'm sorry, still don't see it. If you could provide a link that says that, I'd appreciate that...all non essential businesses are closed but I don't see a shelter in place order.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ome-order.html

Old 03-25-2020, 01:34 PM

101 posts, read 53,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpi View Post
CA just closed gun stores.
Some people voted for that LOL. Hope they survive to change their votes next time around, if there is a next time.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:41 PM

101 posts, read 53,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
So gun stores should be open 24/7 regardless of what is going on in the world. Hurricane destroyed your city? Open up your store. Earthquake? No excuse.

What a narrow-minded attitude. I truly don't understand people for whom guns are the be-all and end-all.
Don’t worry the corrupt Sheriff of Clark County just told everyone to settle down, all of you are safe so those unprepared, panicking types, you know who you are, have no need to be capable of self-defense LOL. This is seriously what the Sheriff is saying here.

I say good luck and no, neighbors who are begging for one, you cannot have one of mine.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:49 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,109,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
If you can not legally obtain firearms your right to keep and bear then has been infringed.

Per the constitution any gun law including restrictions are infringments.

Whoever repped this post, you da real mvp. Finally got my 4th star.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:44 PM

755 posts, read 398,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Whoever repped this post, you da real mvp. Finally got my 4th star.
We don't need no stinkin constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas