Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 07:52 AM

101 posts, read 53,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreRJ View Post
so a private party to private party gun sale or even a gift to my friends, I have to walk into a gun store to fill out an FFL for them? What a pain, then again what a great excuse to go to a gun store for some more toys and ammo.
This is what Democrats voted on for your safety LOL. Good luck.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:46 AM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4Nevada View Post
Even with a CCW you are still required to fill out a 4473 and submit that through the FFL at the time of the transfer.
Correct, but that's a transaction record not a background check.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:47 AM

7,059 posts, read 4,506,701 times
Vic, I never said there was a toilet paper shortage. No clue where you got that. Everyone I know is behind the governor’s actions. Our numbers are increasing daily according to the RGJ. People’s lives are more important than the economy.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:01 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter87135 View Post
Lots of very defensive Democrats here who are just loving Steve Sisolak. We here in Nevada have had a huge influx of Californians who so badly screwed up their own state that they had to leave the mess behind in California and commit a mass exodus. The problem is that when these Californians arrive in their new state, they try to do exactly to that state what they did to California, thinking this time it will "work better." Sounds like some of these California Democrats have found their way on to this thread, and are thus defending their hero, Steve Sisolak. The man is so bad a governor that only California Democrats, and a few of our native Democrats, will defend him. He is just that bad, stupid and incompetent.

Sisolak is undoubtedly aware that he is now in grave political peril over the actions he has taken in the last 10 days. These actions simply will not be forgotten. He's out desperately trying to justify and sell his actions, especially to the liberal Las Vegas Sun, which will lap up anything he says (Review Journal is a bit more skeptical). He's trying to justify the unjustifiable: Shutting the state down, and sending Las Vegas into years of economic depression, because he overly relied on his public health advisors, didn't use his own head, and made drastically wrong decisions. Sisolak will duly be held to account for these decisions by the voters, either via recall or the next gubernatorial election. I saw him yesterday. You can see it in the man's face. He knows that he made the wrong decisions about this, and that most Nevadans are against those decisions. He has no clue what he should do now, and is not capable of exercising hardly any competent leadership. The man should resign the governor's office this morning. It would be the best thing for him and Nevada.

But until Sisolak resigns, is recalled or is defeated at the election box, it will be fun to sit back and watch you California Democrats, and some of our own native Democrats, laughably attempt to defend this fool.
You need a new hobby.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:15 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,343,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Not with gun stores closed.

If the government forces a church to close, is that not an infringement on the freedom of religion?

Do we not have the right to peacefully assemble?

Have you guys tried actually reading the bill of rights?
Do you understand the mechanisms of transmission of infection? Apparently not, because you want to blindly plow ahead with "I have the right to assemble". You don't have the right to infect other people, and that is the central point here. The closures are temporary. The government hasn't told these companies that they cannot conduct business anymore.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:29 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Lots of very defensive Democrats here who are just loving Steve Sisolak. We here in Nevada have had a huge influx of Californians who so badly screwed up their own state that they had to leave the mess behind in California and commit a mass exodus. The problem is that when these Californians arrive in their new state, they try to do exactly to that state what they did to California, thinking this time it will "work better." Sounds like some of these California Democrats have found their way on to this thread, and are thus defending their hero, Steve Sisolak. The man is so bad a governor that only California Democrats, and a few of our native Democrats, will defend him. He is just that bad, stupid and incompetent.

Sisolak is undoubtedly aware that he is now in grave political peril over the actions he has taken in the last 10 days. These actions simply will not be forgotten. He's out desperately trying to justify and sell his actions, especially to the liberal Las Vegas Sun, which will lap up anything he says (Review Journal is a bit more skeptical). He's trying to justify the unjustifiable: Shutting the state down, and sending Las Vegas into years of economic depression, because he overly relied on his public health advisors, didn't use his own head, and made drastically wrong decisions. Sisolak will duly be held to account for these decisions by the voters, either via recall or the next gubernatorial election. I saw him yesterday. You can see it in the man's face. He knows that he made the wrong decisions about this, and that most Nevadans are against those decisions. He has no clue what he should do now, and is not capable of exercising hardly any competent leadership. The man should resign the governor's office this morning. It would be the best thing for him and Nevada.

But until Sisolak resigns, is recalled or is defeated at the election box, it will be fun to sit back and watch you California Democrats, and some of our own native Democrats, laughably attempt to defend this fool.
Sisolak is in no danger. He already did a tour at the number one political job in NV. So the number 2 job will not be a problem.

He is not remotely radical but is in fact a centrist democrat. And his views are reasonably popular. He is consistently doing the right things for NV and will not be recalled.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:13 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times
Sisolak's not going anywhere. He represents the socio-political shift in NV as LV essentially becomes part of California. Like this Pandemic, he's the new normal.

Quote:

Old 03-27-2020, 11:19 AM

727 posts, read 1,056,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Sisolak's not going anywhere. He represents the socio-political shift in NV as LV essentially becomes part of California. Like this Pandemic, he's the new normal.
Yeah LOL

Old 03-27-2020, 12:13 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,745,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Vic, I never said there was a toilet paper shortage. No clue where you got that. Everyone I know is behind the governor’s actions. Our numbers are increasing daily according to the RGJ. People’s lives are more important than the economy.
That's funny, I never said you said that either.

I used that as an example of how inaccurate statements can cause panic. The toilet paper shortage started because of panic buying. The frenzy fed upon itself. My point is making inaccurate statements is not in the best interest of anybody.

I don't deny any of the unbolded stuff. I asked specific questions which you have been unable to answer. 1) Where is your reference regarding the shelter in place order for Reno? 2) Where is your reference regarding the 45% of deaths are aged between 20 and 49?

I've made my point...we can move on.

Quote:

Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,055,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
So, the 10 people who have died so far are more important than the next 7 years of economic disaster the state is about to endure? What about the other 3.1 Million people who live in this state who's livelihoods depend on this state's economy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas