Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 10:56 AM

848 posts, read 648,616 times

Advertisements

I'm glad to see SNHD is providing more detailed information about cases. Now if they would just provide current hospitalizations, current ICU utilization, and the age ranges for fatalities, it would give all of us a much better picture of what actions the government actually should be recommending:

http://media.southernnevadahealthdis...y-Zip-Code.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 10:57 AM

Here's another map by city:

http://media.southernnevadahealthdis...rk-by-City.pdf

Old 04-14-2020, 11:19 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
I'm glad to see SNHD is providing more detailed information about cases. Now if they would just provide current hospitalizations, current ICU utilization, and the age ranges for fatalities, it would give all of us a much better picture of what actions the government actually should be recommending:

http://media.southernnevadahealthdis...y-Zip-Code.pdf
Quote:
Major thing it shows is that SNHD needs to hire a cartographer. The city map makes no sense. Apparently they cannot deal with the fact lots of the Las Vegas Valley does not live in any city.

The zip code data also appears to be an almost random distribution. I know a bit about the demographics in a dozen or so zip codes. Nothing correlates.

The state data by the way shows hospital, icu and ventilator usage.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Major thing it shows is that SNHD needs to hire a cartographer. The city map makes no sense. Apparently they cannot deal with the fact lots of the Las Vegas Valley does not live in any city.

The zip code data also appears to be an almost random distribution. I know a bit about the demographics in a dozen or so zip codes. Nothing correlates.

I am looking at the state website, https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/news...ation-reports/, and do not see the data for current hospitalizations, icu utilization, and ventilator usage. I would appreciate it if you could post the link where you see this data.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:39 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
I am looking at the state website, https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/news...ation-reports/, and do not see the data for current hospitalizations, icu utilization, and ventilator usage. I would appreciate it if you could post the link where you see this data.
Here you go...Bottom of the second page.

https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/wp-c...tRep-Final.pdf

Old 04-14-2020, 11:48 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Finally. He can stop asking us all to be his healthcare information task force. Yay! lol

Old 04-14-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Here you go...Bottom of the second page.

https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/wp-c...tRep-Final.pdf

Thanks! I see it now under the screenshot of the state dashboard. I am assuming since it does not say otherwise that those percentages are for utilization by all patients, not just COVID-19 patients. Therefore, it certainly seems that Nevada's hospitals are not close to being overwhelmed and are seeing capacity utilization down significantly since a little over three weeks ago when a Las Vegas Review-Journal article indicated capacity utilization for all hospital beds and ICU beds was over 80 percent. The 37% utilization rate for ventilators is down 12 percentage points in less than one week which begs the question why the Las Vegas Sun reported last Friday that local hospitals were requesting 600 more ventilators when all of the data would indicate that is not necessary.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Finally. He can stop asking us all to be his healthcare information task force. Yay! lol

It appears we have another snarky response from one of our regular contributors who appears to enjoy the needless drama caused by this situation. Do you and your ilk ever have anything substantive to report backed by actual data from the real world which you can contribute to this discussion? At least several others on this forum and I try to report information based on actual data. The ending of your post speaks volumes about you by the way.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:37 PM

386 posts, read 262,185 times
Quote:

My wife who works with the homeless veteran population sure thought the map was easy to decipher. In addition to the poor and homeless, several areas have many apartment complexes so population density is higher in those zip codes. For example, 89117 is the stretch along Charleston where it is nothing but apartments and condos on both sides.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:55 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Quote:
It appears we have another snarky response from one of our regular contributors who appears to enjoy the needless drama caused by this situation. Do you and your ilk ever have anything substantive to report backed by actual data from the real world which you can contribute to this discussion? At least several others on this forum and I try to report information based on actual data. The ending of your post speaks volumes about you by the way.
Only your data seems to matter in order to fit your inherent bias. Don't go acting like a victim when you go spitting in people's faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas