Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the Mayor?
I Agree open back up.. let the Covi19 post party begin 43 43.88%
I Disagree.. Let's continue to keep Nevada save 52 53.06%
I don't know.. I just got back from my 4 week Grand Canyon rafting trip and I'm just waking up to all this.. 2 2.04%
I don't care.. I'm a bot who just likes to vote (I dont worry about corona virus.. my owner has a free anti-virus on this pc) 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 11:53 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,095,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
Including the large plethora of homeless veterans?

Yes. I'm a hardcore advocate of natural selection. Generations of ninnies have made it so the weak don't die off. They just breed and waste our resources. Let em rot. And same goes for me. If I end up homeless it's my own fault. let me rot as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 11:58 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,482,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
It's currently roughly double Swine Flu, but several times less than multiple earlier pandemics.

Those are legitimate questions and you'll have to ask Carolyn Goodman what her plans are.

You may scoff at the temporary shelter setup for the homeless displaced from Catholic Charities due to infection within the shelter, but there are plenty of places(in fact, the majority) who do absolutely nothing for the homeless.

It's been put to you before... if you have such strong feelings for the plight of the homeless, why not drive downtown, pick a few up, and host them in your own home?

Again, you're dodging the question I asked. I asked why the plight of an extreme minority of people matters more to you than 3.19 Million others who stand to lose their livelihoods over this shutdown?
...because they are less fortunate regardless of the reason, Ones that got furloughed will be receiving $$$ to make up for lost wages. The less fortunate homeless, will be lucky if they get something.
Why not pick up someone and host them in my home, why don't you ask our politicians to make more shelter for the less fortunate, training for livelihood instead of giving nearly a billion dollars for a stadium to the billionaires so they can have their toys.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:00 AM
EA

Less fortunate? You mean bad decision makers? Why should we reward bad decisions? On either end of the spectrum?

Make bad calls and end up homeless? F you.
Make bad calls and your company needs a bail out? F you too.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:03 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,482,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Less fortunate? You mean bad decision makers? Why should we reward bad decisions? On either end of the spectrum?

Make bad calls and end up homeless? F you.
Make bad calls and your company needs a bail out? F you too.
Karma is a *****! That is all I have to say! By the way did you get your $1200.00 yet? I hope it helps you so you do not end up being homeless like the ones you are maligning!

Old 04-16-2020, 12:11 AM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Karma is a *****! That is all I have to say! By the way did you get your $1200.00 yet? I hope it helps you so you do not end up being homeless like the ones you are maligning!

Actually, I have customers bringing me cars, ebay sales are trickling in, and I had money in the bank for my bills. 3400 they sent me went right into savings for the next round of stupidity that's bound to happen.
Covid 21....

Old 04-16-2020, 12:19 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,050,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
...because they are less fortunate regardless of the reason, Ones that got furloughed will be receiving $$$ to make up for lost wages. The less fortunate homeless, will be lucky if they get something.
Why not pick up someone and host them in my home, why don't you ask our politicians to make more shelter for the less fortunate, training for livelihood instead of giving nearly a billion dollars for a stadium to the billionaires so they can have their toys.
Fair enough. That addresses the Homeless. I'm still not sure I understand where you stand when it comes to those infected with Covid-19? What makes their plight more important than the other 3.19 Million people here?

The stimulus is supposed to be available to anyone, including the unemployed. I'm not sure what precludes the homeless from obtaining a bank account for direct deposit given that they can receive Obama Phones free and clear from the government?

You dodged my question with another strawman argument. I asked why you do not pick them up and host them in your own home?

Catholic Charities was originally housing the homeless who were displaced to Cashman Field. I'm not sure why the city would devote resources to house them when they already had a place to stay. The shutdown of Catholic Charities due to Covid-19 was not an event that was ever expected or planned for.

The City cannot just build a homeless shelter or put them up in a hotel on a whim. The budget money for this comes from taxes and those budgets are planned out a year or more in advance.

It wasn't the City who arranged the building of the stadium. The stadium resides on County land presided by the Clark County Commission and I believe the property resides in District A, which was the current Governor's district at the time the plans were made. Steve Sisolak was in charge of District A where the stadium resides as well as acting as Chairman of the County Commission. The very same man who as Governor has shut down the entire state and put us in the situation we are currently in.

Do you not live in the Las Vegas valley? It seems you do not quite understand the geographic layout and structure of government here.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:26 AM

23,143 posts, read 28,910,546 times
I still occasionally laugh about it! Remember when it was ordained that 40 medical marijuana dispensaries were to be located in Clark County, and our ultra-liberal Mayor Goodman: There will be no medical marijuana dispensaries in the city of Las Vegas!

Not surprisingly, Henderson, NLV, Boulder City, also chimed in, which left unincorporated Clark County to open them, initially.

Sin City!

Old 04-16-2020, 12:38 AM
EA

I don't like Goodman, but she is right about this.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:49 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,050,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I still occasionally laugh about it! Remember when it was ordained that 40 medical marijuana dispensaries were to be located in Clark County, and our ultra-liberal Mayor Goodman: There will be no medical marijuana dispensaries in the city of Las Vegas!

Not surprisingly, Henderson, NLV, Boulder City, also chimed in, which left unincorporated Clark County to open them, initially.

Sin City!
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with the Dispensaries. District A was the first to get them and I haven't noticed any changes here I would attribute to the opening of them. The main concern seems to be crime and we pretty much have the same problems we always had. If anything, Crime has actually decreased because the numbers have remained pretty steady but the area is about twice as populated now as when the Dispensaries were built.

Before I get roasted on numbers, I'm basing my observations on what I've seen of the building down here and the daily crime reports I've been receiving by email for several years. Metro tallies about 15 reports a day within a 3 mile radius of my home, most of which occur in the trailer parks on Tropicana or near the Orleans. This number has been pretty steady for years.

I know Summerlin has been raising a stink about Dispensaries for years but I have no idea why.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:51 AM

74 posts, read 59,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Why is it her responsibility?

Why does the left constantly want someone else to take care of them?

Take care of your own issue.

Want to avoid a virus? Stay home in a bubble.

Want to potentially get a virus? Go outside. Choice is yours either way.

I want to go outside and run my businesses. I don't think you or anyone else has the right to shut me down because YOU don't want to keep yourself inside.
Didn’t you watch what happened in Spain, Italy, NY? You think if you open up your business, customers will show up? How many people will visit Vegas if The city were to open? Once the local hospitals is busted with too many sick patients, everyone will be so fearful that they will stay home. The first case in New York was in late Jan and by March their hospital system were stretch to the limit. If Governor Cuomo didnot shut down New York in late March, you will see a dramatically different pictures of New York hospital now. Every governors are trying to save their hospitals and healthcare worker by using shutdown to cut off the spreading of the disease. The Smithfield Dakota processing plant 500+ infection with 3000+ employees show us what a close contact environment will do to the spreading of Civid-19. And the strip and downtown is known for this kind of very close contact environment. Once vegas hospital is busted, you can kiss tourism goodbye. When there are enough fear in the city, you may not be able to even get basic service like food, electricity etc because workers refuse to go to work. Making money is nice but not if you think your own life is endangered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas