Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:44 AM

359 posts, read 1,407,445 times

Advertisements

no trance stations ? haha i guess i have to get the xm lifetime thing. thanks for all the info tho !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 02:22 AM

117 posts, read 149,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyojo View Post
no trance stations ? haha i guess i have to get the xm lifetime thing. thanks for all the info tho !
I don't know what qualifies as a trance station.

I did click on the site's U3 button and there was something called Space Station SOMA

Old 05-08-2008, 04:25 PM

572 posts, read 1,683,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_Vegas View Post
Don't forget about Las Vegas' newest dance station Rehab Radio 94.5 KMOA. They broadcast from the Moapa Valley area and have a bad signal in metro Las Vegas right now, but they are putting a 200 watt booster in Sunrise Manor soon. Also 93.1 The Party has been playing more dance music since they got rid of Whoppie Goldberg's show.

I couldn't remember what station I listened to out there till you said it, Brandon. Yes, I'll add +1 for 93.1. It's actually a pretty decent mix of music. I think it's still fairly new, since most of my friends out there hadn't even heard of it.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Seriously (no pun intended), since getting Sirius, I cringe when I have to listen to terrestial radio. Plus, you don't have to get it hard-wired into your car, it will work over an FM frequency; just go to the website and type in your zip code, and it will tell you what stations are open frequency for it.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,659 times
i never felt that there was an FM modulator that could give the sound quality of hard wiring or even of a tape adapter.

unfortunately more new truck doesn't have a tape player....really considering getting my XM hardwired in.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
i never felt that there was an FM modulator that could give the sound quality of hard wiring or even of a tape adapter.

unfortunately more new truck doesn't have a tape player....really considering getting my XM hardwired in.

Oh, believe me Jim, when I make the drive cross-country, I'm definitely getting it hardwired beforehand. I have two stations here in my area that can modulate - one doesn't work up on north shore near my job, the other gets a high-pitched squeal from time to time.

I just posted that since often times people don't realize it.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:40 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
Oh, believe me Jim, when I make the drive cross-country, I'm definitely getting it hardwired beforehand. I have two stations here in my area that can modulate - one doesn't work up on north shore near my job, the other gets a high-pitched squeal from time to time.

I just posted that since often times people don't realize it.
yeah....the whole scrambling to find another available station when driving somewhere new is a PITA - made even worse if you are driving in a major metro area (LA and SF were my experiences) where there are new stations around every corner....

Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM

take the extra time to hardwire it. itll be a much cleaner install and the quality will be much better. fm transmitters usually have pretty lame quality unless you arent picky with how your music sounds.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 PM

117 posts, read 149,245 times
Sorry, some of the local radio stations are out of date from the web site I mentioned.

They added two more local Spanish language stations and one more hip-hop station.

I located the latest updated online station list here:

Old 05-10-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeXSvegas View Post
Sorry, some of the local radio stations are out of date from the web site I mentioned.

They added two more local Spanish language stations and one more hip-hop station.

I located the latest updated online station list here:

thanks for that list ! ill be sure to add some of those to my presets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas