Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,684,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyojo View Post
since its on topic, whats gestapo ?
It was the Nazi's secret police. Basically, your screwed!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,524,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
ReviewJournal.com - News - DOWNTOWN CRACKDOWN

I read this in the LVRJ today. I am not from Las Vegas but have been visiting recently in hopes of a move to the area (Laughlin) -- From everything I've read, it sounds like the police of LV are pretty much the iron-fisted Gestapo. I recall a cop on this forum bragging about the many people he has ticketed for having out of state tags and then not even knowing that students were exempt from it.

In Cincinnati, there's a pretty big interest in police -- much leading to race riots and the like. Is there bad blood in LV as far as the Gestapo are concerned? Am I off-base in my assessment?
Yea what is a gestapo?

Anyway it is open season on citizens here. There are more cop shootings in Vegas then any other city except Portland Or. which also leads in oink brutality cases. We dont have as many brutality cases here because they just shoot you with no consequence.

The Coroners inquest system is truely a Kangaroo Court System. In the last 30 years since the Coroners office has kept records, there have been just over 100 cop shootings of unarmed innocent citizens. Never since Clark County was incorporated has a cop ever been held criminally responsible for the murder he commited. Only one time actually in 1976 was one convicted. It was overturned in 30 days.

Never in the last 30 years has a member of the jury voted guilty to a cop. Only once actually, except once....in 1996 a jury found cop Genter innocent by 6-1 to walk free after killing an innocent man. The lone juryman Mark Lepage who voted against the cop was wisked off where to this day has never been found. Yes it is true. Just like the Cowboy and Indian days.

Just last month members of the worlds largest street gang of thugs with the tin badges shot an innocent ice cream vender. They claim she had a knife. More then 20 witnesses came to court and called to testify. Each and every one of them said she did not have any weapon. None. Several of the witnesses reported unidentified authorities confronted them and threatened them into saying they did indeed see a weapon. Crooked corrupt %^&*

That is just one of the many many like the kid who was handcufffed in the back seat of the cop car and got out and ran. The thug cops emptied, not shot at, emptied their guns into the mans back who was handcuffed. We can only guess that they had way too many donuts and could not run after the handcuffed boy so it was easier to shoot. I mean what the hell...there would be no consequence.

Then we had another famous one where one was doing 121 MPH with no lights of any kind on. He killed 4 people and got off with nothing more then free benifits for his family for life. One week later a teenage kid ran a stop sign and killed 4 people. He will never see outside the bars of prison for the rest of his life.

Dont you LV lovers dare deny any of this. You can love this city all you want but you know it and I know it that they think this is the wild wild west still. They dont even respond to calls around here. It is public knowledge that they dont even investigate car theft here although that seems to be changing with all these bait cars.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:09 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,406,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
That is just one of the many many like the kid who was handcufffed in the back seat of the cop car and got out and ran. The thug cops emptied, not shot at, emptied their guns into the mans back who was handcuffed. We can only guess that they had way too many donuts and could not run after the handcuffed boy so it was easier to shoot. I mean what the hell...there would be no consequence.

Then we had another famous one where one was doing 121 MPH with no lights of any kind on. He killed 4 people and got off with nothing more then free benifits for his family for life. One week later a teenage kid ran a stop sign and killed 4 people. He will never see outside the bars of prison for the rest of his life.

Dont you LV lovers dare deny any of this. You can love this city all you want but you know it and I know it that they think this is the wild wild west still. They dont even respond to calls around here. It is public knowledge that they dont even investigate car theft here although that seems to be changing with all these bait cars.
won't deny any of it if you can provide a link to corroborate it. you gotta back stuff up if you are going to write it (you should know that by now); esp. considering your last statement is a contradiction of your previous ones...

personally, i have very little police-related to complain about.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
won't deny any of it if you can provide a link to corroborate it. you gotta back stuff up if you are going to write it (you should know that by now); esp. considering your last statement is a contradiction of your previous ones...

personally, i have very little police-related to complain about.
Why the hell should I do your dirty work? You google it. Surely you can't be that lazy. Or are you just oblivious to what goes on here. The 4 incidents I mentioned are just the most recent ones that are plastered all over the TV news. You dont have to be a guiness to watch the news do you?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,990,353 times
her 5 year old son said "momma had a knife and was waving it around"......that makes all the other contradictory statements VERY suspect to me.........

Do I think it was justified NO....do I think it was excusable.....maybe.....I personally believe she should have been tazed until she flopped like a salmon outta water......

Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
her 5 year old son said "momma had a knife and was waving it around"......that makes all the other contradictory statements VERY suspect to me.........

Do I think it was justified NO....do I think it was excusable.....maybe.....I personally believe she should have been tazed until she flopped like a salmon outta water......
You are right, it was not justified. But to taze until flopping like a Salmon is police brutality. Brutality should never ever be tolerated or excused in America or any other country. Cops and Politicians who are caught breaking the very silly laws they jamb down our throats should do 5 times the penalty. I know I know, they never get caught because of that thin blue line crap. Then when they get charged it never sticks.

I never heard about her son saying she had a knife but then again I have heard several different stories about the kid and her. Either way she never had a knife which means no cop should have ever suspected she had one, yet be mildly suspect if her kid annououned those words. Suspect is seeing, seeing is believing. Those oinkers jumped the gun and now those kids have no mother.

But like any situation, deadly force should never be used unless absolutely necessary. In 95% of the cases that rule is forgotten. Even if that woman had a knife, she weighed 85# wringing wet and she was more then 30' away and she was on her knees when shot - proved by the coroner by the trajectory of the barrage of bullets entry and exit points. That evidence alone should be enough to hang those kill happy cops. But no.....they are set free to kill some more.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:50 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,406,563 times
Quote:
Why the hell should I do your dirty work? You google it. Surely you can't be that lazy. Or are you just oblivious to what goes on here. The 4 incidents I mentioned are just the most recent ones that are plastered all over the TV news. You dont have to be a guiness to watch the news do you?
you should do the dirty work because you made the accusations. i can say that i heard LV is planning on installing beer lines directly to peoples houses due to the water shortages...but i wouldn't expect people to take it as fact unless i supplied a link to support it.

maybe it is because i work in research, but IMHO, if you can't back 'em up then your "facts" are as worthless as your insults.

Last edited by guinnessjim; 04-29-2008 at 01:00 PM..

Old 04-29-2008, 12:55 PM

What brand of beer?????????

Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You are right, it was not justified. But to taze until flopping like a Salmon is police brutality. Brutality should never ever be tolerated or excused in America or any other country. Cops and Politicians who are caught breaking the very silly laws they jamb down our throats should do 5 times the penalty. I know I know, they never get caught because of that thin blue line crap. Then when they get charged it never sticks.

I never heard about her son saying she had a knife but then again I have heard several different stories about the kid and her. Either way she never had a knife which means no cop should have ever suspected she had one, yet be mildly suspect if her kid annououned those words. Suspect is seeing, seeing is believing. Those oinkers jumped the gun and now those kids have no mother.

But like any situation, deadly force should never be used unless absolutely necessary. In 95% of the cases that rule is forgotten. Even if that woman had a knife, she weighed 85# wringing wet and she was more then 30' away and she was on her knees when shot - proved by the coroner by the trajectory of the barrage of bullets entry and exit points. That evidence alone should be enough to hang those kill happy cops. But no.....they are set free to kill some more.
The first day of the hearings they played the tape of the cop interviewing the boy AT THE SCENE.....he said momma had a knife.....

As far as the floppin like a salmon.....pure poetic license HOWEVER....it it prevents one cop from being stabbed I have NO problem with it.....altho maybe its better that 5 cops in bulletproof vests make a Dallas cowboys style tackle????

No matter what the outcome it will be questioned by muckrakers.....

If ya don't wanna suffer the consequenses then don't taunt the cops.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
you should do the dirty work because you made the accusations. i can say that i heard LV is planning on installing beer lines directly to peoples houses due to the water shortages...but i wouldn't expect people to take it as fact unless i supplied a link to support it.

maybe it is because i work in research, but IMHO, if you can't back 'em up then your "facts" are as worthless as your insults.
Nope, you asked or you dont believe so you look it up or shut up. The fact that others on here are discussing various incidents I mentioned should be reason enough to believe it.

Keep on reading. I might just post the entire list of the "deceased by cop" list which also comes with the explanation of the incident. I didn't want to bore you all with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas