Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:41 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,330,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I am that officer you were referring. I was not bragging (go back and read ALL my comments on the matter). You were reading someone else's propoganda and decided to bandwagon... Good for you on not having an origional thought. We have 1/3 the number of officers of a city this size and a crime rate that kept swelling untill recently. We spend the first part of every shift just clearing calls that evening shift did not have a chance to get to, that is how busy we are. I came on last night and had 38 calls sitting in the qeue and 18 left over when we left at the end of shift. You do what has to be done to keep this place safe as possible. Gestapo? Hardly (do you even know the persecution great grandmother and my people faced at the hands of the Gestapo?). We do not persecute on a basis of race or religion. We persecute the ones who break the laws. Everyone is treated the same untill the truth can be sorted out. What more do you want? The police and such are the ones who maintain the order so you can have your naive opinions. Try doing my job, I dare you. Better yet, PM me, we can go on a ride along together. I work in the busiest disvision of NLV. 115 arrests last night alone. 11 by me and my partner (7 drug arrests, 2 assaults, 1 domestic and one rape). You should be able to find something to see there.

There is a huge rift (that is how you spell it btw) between the community and the police, but it is not the police's fault entirely. The people have much to do with it. Just last night a woman was raped at a bar in NLV and the people in the bar would not let the paramedics get to her. They physically stopped us from getting to her to get information and nobody would cooperate. We were lucky to make the arrest. She was just raped for god's sake!!! A few nights ago a man set hs apartment on fire and started shooting at firefighters who came to battle the blaze. He then started shooting at the cops when they came to help. 5 families don't have homes because of this man now. But it was the police's fault. Yes, there are corrupt cops, but I take pride in knowing that my department does not have many. There are corrupt Public Defenders and Policticians too. It is a fact of life.
Wow! Quite a night for you and your partner! What department do you work for now? You have been here six months, and have worked for LVMPD, NHP, NLVPD, a "strip" property, all while earning your "JD"----"you" the man.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:22 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Wow! Quite a night for you and your partner! What department do you work for now? You have been here six months, and have worked for LVMPD, NHP, NLVPD, a "strip" property, all while earning your "JD"----"you" the man.

That is funny Sheriff. He has been quite clear that he works for NLVPD. You must be getting old...the mind does not integrate information very well as you age.

I think he also offered that he sometimes moonlights at a hot night club.

He also suggests he may have aspirations to a higher calling...like teaching.

Sounds like a high use citizen to me...even though my politics appear somewhat estranged from his.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
That is funny Sheriff. He has been quite clear that he works for NLVPD. You must be getting old...the mind does not integrate information very well as you age.

I think he also offered that he sometimes moonlights at a hot night club.

He also suggests he may have aspirations to a higher calling...like teaching.

Sounds like a high use citizen to me...even though my politics appear somewhat estranged from his.
It is quite clear, in six months he has worked for LVMPD, NHP, NLVPD, a "major" strip property, all while earning his "JD". Quite a useful citizen. Is CCSD next?

Old 05-03-2008, 08:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
Quote:
It is quite clear, in six months he has worked for LVMPD, NHP, NLVPD, a "major" strip property, all while earning his "JD". Quite a useful citizen. Is CCSD next?
Cite a source. Seems to me you are delusional. Off your meds.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Cite a source. Seems to me you are delusional. Off your meds.
Do your own search----------he has posted this on a PUBLIC forum.

Thread getting off topic. Please discuss personal issues pertaining to other members off the board please.

Last edited by scirocco22; 05-03-2008 at 08:35 PM..

Old 05-04-2008, 12:56 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,641,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
There is a huge rift (that is how you spell it btw) between the community and the police, but it is not the police's fault entirely. The people have much to do with it. Just last night a woman was raped at a bar in NLV and the people in the bar would not let the paramedics get to her. They physically stopped us from getting to her to get information and nobody would cooperate. We were lucky to make the arrest. She was just raped for god's sake!!! .
If I may shut up and open my ears for a moment, this one is bothering me. I believe you what you say here but it is bothering me. Would you care to share more information on this incident? Why were they protecting her? Did she want protecting from paramadics? Or the cops? Was it a bike gang not wanting their names run? Did this rape happen in a public place?

How can they physically stop you? You guys just shoot your way through, mace your way through or batan your way through.

I dont need to know where. I was just curious with lots of whys. No doubt about it you guys see a lot of crap. My beef is the way you treat us peons but that is for another time. Care to share what happened or how this turned out?

Old 05-04-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
If I may shut up and open my ears for a moment, this one is bothering me. I believe you what you say here but it is bothering me. Would you care to share more information on this incident? Why were they protecting her? Did she want protecting from paramadics? Or the cops? Was it a bike gang not wanting their names run? Did this rape happen in a public place?

How can they physically stop you? You guys just shoot your way through, mace your way through or batan your way through.

I dont need to know where. I was just curious with lots of whys. No doubt about it you guys see a lot of crap. My beef is the way you treat us peons but that is for another time. Care to share what happened or how this turned out?
It probably didn't take much to stop the police after they had made 7 drug arrests, 2 assault arrests, 1 domestic violence arrest all in ONE night.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,089,423 times
"I am sticking up for Puddy here. Because she is right..." lol I may be right, but I'm not a woman! (Not that there's anyone wrong with that! ...Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode)

Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,110 times
Quote:
When did I say that??? I started at the Venetian because Employment was not lined up and I took the job that was offered. Did a month and a half and went to Metro in the jail. 4 months there and was offered a position as a patrol officer for NLVPD. Been there since. I said I was WANTING to transfer to NHP but Gov. Gibbons hiring freeze put an end to that. Been here 10 months too btw. August 7, 2007 to Present. I worked Motor carrier for Wyoming Highway Patrol and wanted to do that here. The only department that ha this is NHP. That is why I will transfer when possible. Know your facts before you make an a$$ out of yourself. I do graduate school part time and have been since I was 22. I am a year and a half away. I do work for a club two nights a week. Although I have been to busy to do that lately. And I think teaching would be a rewarding career. Just looking into it thats all. I see my wife a few hours a week because she is a concierge and a full time student as well. It is the sacrifices I will make to provide my kids with a life void of the struggles I endured.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:00 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,110 times
Quote:
It probably didn't take much to stop the police after they had made 7 drug arrests, 2 assault arrests, 1 domestic violence arrest all in ONE night.
I guess a 14 hour shift still constitutes as one night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas