Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 09:36 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,932,473 times

Advertisements

Yes yes no and yes. You got it 75% right that's a C.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:07 PM

26,115 posts, read 48,712,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Yes yes no and yes. ...
Sounds like the old Spam skit from Monty Python.... spam spam bacon and spam
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:28 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,048,448 times
I tried to be positive on this, but my face shields have arrived and I have assembled them. While I can breathe perfectly through them, they are uncomfortable. I cannot see very well through them and I get a constant plastic smell when I breathe. The little face masks are even worse as I have problems breathing through them. I do not have a job anymore, so all I have to do is go grocery shopping. I can handle the face shield for 10 minutes to do that, but I could never handle wearing a mask or shield all day at work. I am coming to accept that I will not make it much longer and will wind up being a casualty. The writing is on the wall for me.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,213,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I tried to be positive on this, but my face shields have arrived and I have assembled them. While I can breathe perfectly through them, they are uncomfortable. I cannot see very well through them and I get a constant plastic smell when I breathe. The little face masks are even worse as I have problems breathing through them. I do not have a job anymore, so all I have to do is go grocery shopping. I can handle the face shield for 10 minutes to do that, but I could never handle wearing a mask or shield all day at work. I am coming to accept that I will not make it much longer and will wind up being a casualty. The writing is on the wall for me.
Do not give up. I have adopted to all sorts of breathing apparatus. I wear a CPAP mask at night and have for about the last ten years. Took a week or so to get used to it but now I have trouble sleeping without it.

I also Scuba and snorkel. I can easily run a couple of hours on a snorkel without ever surfacing.

There are all sorts of masks and shields go through the set and you will likely find something that works.

And try the ones that feel OK for a while. Do not give up in 10 minutes unless in real distress.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:52 PM

503 posts, read 591,205 times
New Hanpshire motto: “Live free or die”

Old 06-26-2020, 12:11 AM

10,581 posts, read 5,541,476 times
We have to go back to first principles:
  • OBJECTIVE: Prevent Hospital ICUs From Being Overrun.
  • STRATEGY: Flatten the Curve
  • TACTICS: ??????

With 330 million or so people in the USA, somewhere between 60% and 80% or so will become infected before we reach "herd immunity." That's around 200 million to 275 million or so people in the US will become infected.

We want to prevent hospital ICUs from being overrun (the objective) because once the ICU is full, the very next person very sick person who needs to be admitted - well, that person dies. Or, if there is one spot open in the ICU and there are 5 very sick people who need it for a chance at living, then someone has to say "yes" to one and "no" to four.

That's why the OBJECTIVE is to prevent hospital ICUs from being overrun.

The STRATEGY to achieve that objective is to "Flatten the Curve." We spread those 200+ million infections out over time so as to not overrun the ICUs.

The principle TACTICS to Flatten the Curve? Well, it used to be "shelter in place and close non-essential businesses and government services." But that's gone. So what TACTICS replace them?

The new TACTICS are to "Wear a F'n Mask in public spaces" and "Physically distance at least 6 feet." Adults wear masks for the same reason infants wear diapers: neither can control their toxic emissions.

In fact, call it a Face Diaper if you prefer.

Adults wear face masks. Infants wear butt diapers.

Toddlers throw tantrums.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:16 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,473,584 times
Never mind what is happening in Nevada. How about those red states that reopened early. Church gatherings, nail salons, crowded beaches, now they are surging in the wrong direction as far as Covid19 is concerned. Yeah believe all you want but this pandemic does NOT discriminate. Funny thing I been hearing a lot lately, blame the protesters hehehehehe without looking at what has been going on long before the first protest ever happened. Heck they even forgot about the Spring breakers who ignored the pandemic and went along with their debauchery. Hahahaha Americans are a funny bunch!

Last edited by Clarkcty; 06-26-2020 at 12:34 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 01:35 AM

848 posts, read 642,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Exactly. It's really simple. I can not understand why people freak out about this. Wear a mask or stay home. I wear a mask and it's not that big of a deal.

It's not that people freak out about this, but it's that practically everything Sisolak said was not true. I already have posted links to CDC and New England Journal of Medicine articles which make it clear that masks are not effective, and this was before the whole thing was politicized by people like Sisolak. One of his medical "experts" claimed multiple times they did not work, and now all of the sudden we must wear them simply because they say so and don't have time to test them. Furthermore, based on what Sisolak said, should we assume all Scandinavian countries are irresponsible since none recommends mask usage and actually gives sound scientific reasons why they could cause more harm than good? This is all politics, and from my perspective, when you look at the COVID-19 dashboard on SNHD, the significant uptick in cases seems to fall about two weeks after the protests began in southern Nevada.

The bottom line is that Nevadans have a paternalistic moron for governor as evidenced by this ridiculous set of Tweets from yesterday. The arrogance is overwhelming.

https://twitter.com/GovSisolak/statu...43119532384256

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

― H.L. Mencken, In Defense Of Women

Old 06-26-2020, 01:37 AM

848 posts, read 642,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It's not about anyone's rights, that's bogus BS and spin by those who want to politicize the issue.

Wearing a mask is totally about public health for which we're all either part of the solution or we're part of the problem.

Cite the randomized controlled studies, not computer models, which support the efficacy of mask use in stopping the transmission of COVID-19. Nevada's governor failed to do so last night. Why wasn't the issue of public health raised with certain protests a few weeks ago where I saw very little social distancing occurring?

Old 06-26-2020, 02:08 AM

3 posts, read 1,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Respect is earned, not handed out.

Where is the respect for my individual liberty and bodily autonomy? You have no problem trouncing all over that.

Don't want to catch it? Stay YOUR ass home.

WooooooW, so my 87 yr old grandmother has to earn your respect? I think not. Even a dog is due respect, and as people it shouldn't be hard at any time to respect those around you in the least amount. Earn respect, I declare. Entitled issues much?! You do know what communital spread is correct? WEAR the damn mask! It shows respect to others health and concerns regardless of your "liberties" and what you want to look like. Selfish is what that's called. Inconsiderate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas