U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2020, 12:50 AM

2,139 posts, read 1,530,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Merry Lee, Ever since I had the coronavirus the beginning of the year, I could not breathe the last 9 months...
Damn, very sorry to hear it took such a nasty toll on you. I pray you will completely overcome it in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Sorry to hear you got the virus. Having COPD, it matters not if I get the flu, pneumonia or the Virus, it's good-bye world...
You will definitely die if you get the flu?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 12:02 PM

328 posts, read 135,696 times
So excited to hear that Circa will be open next week on
Wednesday. I'm even more thrilled to hear that their pool
deck level will be open year round. I'm looking forward to
checking it out.

Old 10-22-2020, 12:25 PM

11,406 posts, read 7,524,737 times
Don't want to miss the roses. Lots of bees and if you look closely at the right side of the left hand flower you can just see one of them.

Did a zoom and you can see the bee now:

Old 10-28-2020, 06:25 AM

7,018 posts, read 7,318,715 times
Been a heck of a first year in Vegas. Really can say I have been able to explore everywhere, so much more familiar with the city. Wait, no, that's not true I have barely left my house. The awkward part is by the time the pandemic is over, I won't even be able to say, "I'm new to Vegas, looking to make friends," because I in fact am already not that new to Vegas and sure won't be in a year, or whatever. Still, have enjoyed being trapped here, sure do love this city. It has if anything in many ways exceeded my high expectations and there are some elements of the pandemic that I'm not going to lie made me feel like a genius -- insisting upon a home gym area, buying a large house, making sure my house has everything I want in it, doing home improvement projects early and often, and moving to a nice weather place. Sure, the pandemic sucks, but floating in the pool all summer long was a heck of a lot of fun compared to the past.

The beautiful sunsets on the mountains and the cool July 4th fireworks from the balcony, there has been a lot to appreciate still. I don't think 2020 has been anyone's favorite year, so all you can do is make the best of it. I did enjoy getting to hike a bit on Mt. Charleston, that was fun, something to get me out of the house. I just feel a lot of sadness for the city and a lot of the residents who depend on Strip jobs, who have lost those jobs, who are struggling, it's a very tough time for a lot of people. As it has in the past, though, I am sure Las Vegas will come roaring back when things are better and people will be anxious to travel more. I'm not even the biggest travel fan, and already I find myself sometimes day dreaming about the not-that-great honeymoon trip, just because all I've really seen for the rest of 2020 is my house and backyard, so thinking back to being across the world almost seems like a lifetime ago.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:38 PM

931 posts, read 401,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Been a heck of a first year in Vegas. Really can say I have been able to explore everywhere, so much more familiar with the city. Wait, no, that's not true I have barely left my house. The awkward part is by the time the pandemic is over, I won't even be able to say, "I'm new to Vegas, looking to make friends," because I in fact am already not that new to Vegas and sure won't be in a year, or whatever. Still, have enjoyed being trapped here, sure do love this city. It has if anything in many ways exceeded my high expectations and there are some elements of the pandemic that I'm not going to lie made me feel like a genius -- insisting upon a home gym area, buying a large house, making sure my house has everything I want in it, doing home improvement projects early and often, and moving to a nice weather place. Sure, the pandemic sucks, but floating in the pool all summer long was a heck of a lot of fun compared to the past.

The beautiful sunsets on the mountains and the cool July 4th fireworks from the balcony, there has been a lot to appreciate still. I don't think 2020 has been anyone's favorite year, so all you can do is make the best of it. I did enjoy getting to hike a bit on Mt. Charleston, that was fun, something to get me out of the house. I just feel a lot of sadness for the city and a lot of the residents who depend on Strip jobs, who have lost those jobs, who are struggling, it's a very tough time for a lot of people. As it has in the past, though, I am sure Las Vegas will come roaring back when things are better and people will be anxious to travel more. I'm not even the biggest travel fan, and already I find myself sometimes day dreaming about the not-that-great honeymoon trip, just because all I've really seen for the rest of 2020 is my house and backyard, so thinking back to being across the world almost seems like a lifetime ago.

That's a good summary for sure. I think the key takeaway is your appreciation for the choice you made to move, your home choice, location, hiking, etc.... As you say I feel for the many people whose jobs on the strip rely on tourists as it is going to be longer than I thought before things will be "normal" again. However, the more of us who can keep a positive attitude the better! Here's to finishing 2020 strong and a better 2021 for all!

Old 10-28-2020, 11:13 PM

328 posts, read 135,696 times
Anyone visit Circa yet? First and second impressions?

Old 10-29-2020, 03:36 AM

7,018 posts, read 7,318,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
That's a good summary for sure. I think the key takeaway is your appreciation for the choice you made to move, your home choice, location, hiking, etc.... As you say I feel for the many people whose jobs on the strip rely on tourists as it is going to be longer than I thought before things will be "normal" again. However, the more of us who can keep a positive attitude the better! Here's to finishing 2020 strong and a better 2021 for all!
Very true, it's really all you can do is try to focus on the positives. I don't succeed every day. It's weird, some days I feel very down and just bummed by everything going on, but there are other days I think of all the great things I can still enjoy and just try to focus on them. I guess part of me has wanted to make sure that when the year ends, I can say I did everything I could that was in my power (which is only a little bit, really) to make it the best year I could. I think every day though, despite all of the things that are negative, I try to just focus on how appreciative and grateful I am to be here, to have a house I love, to be in a good spot financially, because those are things that some people have had ripped from them in 2020 and whatever I may think "sucks" about the world in 2020, it's nothing compared to the people who have lost jobs, businesses, loved ones, etc. All things in perspective, after all.

I sat by the fire pit for about an hour today, it was nice and pleasant, first time I've done that since maybe early May! We've had such incredible weather overall, no rain for 6+ months, that is crazy.

I'm also curious to hear about Circa! It sure looks grand. Pretty awesome project.

Old 10-29-2020, 10:33 AM

7,757 posts, read 7,509,731 times
I'm am really digging your positivity, JonathanLB. And I think Las Vegas,NV, still has a lot going for it. Lots to be positive about. Carry on - you've figured out what a lotta people have never figured out. A positive attitude actually saturates your body tissue more effieciently with oxygen. You'll think more clearly, eat better, digest better, run better, walk (a long ways) better and love your wife and your dog and your Creator (most importantly) better.

Keep up the good work!

Old 10-29-2020, 11:04 AM

931 posts, read 401,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I'm am really digging your positivity, JonathanLB. And I think Las Vegas,NV, still has a lot going for it. Lots to be positive about. Carry on - you've figured out what a lotta people have never figured out. A positive attitude actually saturates your body tissue more effieciently with oxygen. You'll think more clearly, eat better, digest better, run better, walk (a long ways) better and love your wife and your dog and your Creator (most importantly) better.

Keep up the good work!
This is all just too much positivity for the Vegas boards on CD! I expect my daily dose of Vegas sucks, Sisolak sucks, life sucks, etc.... Lol.

J/k. Loving the positivity too. Heck, it could be a ton worse for many of us. Carry on....

Old 10-29-2020, 11:11 AM

7,757 posts, read 7,509,731 times
Heck, it could be a ton worse for many of us.

You know! I thought this very thought already this morning. We have a lot to be thankful for! Could be stuck in some place like Los Angeles, CA.

j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas