U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2020, 07:53 PM

3,435 posts, read 2,734,641 times

Advertisements

It's raining! What are we at now? 253 days without measurable rainfall?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 09:43 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,137,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
It's raining! What are we at now? 253 days without measurable rainfall?
The record capped at 240 days.
It is nice to have the refreshing smell of rain outside. My area only got a sprinkle. Love it, though.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:12 PM

340 posts, read 126,733 times
I went out for a walk from about 4:00-5:00. About half way through I swear I felt 5 or 6 very small rain drops on my face. It did smell good though

Old 12-18-2020, 09:39 AM

3,435 posts, read 2,734,641 times
It dumped in Aliante for a good long while. I got soaked just stepping outside for a minute. So exciting!

Old 12-24-2020, 04:21 PM

17,675 posts, read 7,775,994 times
Default Happy holidays

And a Happy New Year to all my friends on CD and elsewhere.

Doreen and I are looking forward to 2021. Forecasts are for a big year with double digit appreciation.

I would also note that all should consider refinancing in the next few months. The rates are getting down close to 2.0%. Some should even think about financing a paid off house. 2.0% money is a chance to turn liquid even if you just make the payments...

Old 12-24-2020, 09:13 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,137,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And a Happy New Year to all my friends on CD and elsewhere.

Doreen and I are looking forward to 2021. Forecasts are for a big year with double digit appreciation.

I would also note that all should consider refinancing in the next few months. The rates are getting down close to 2.0%. Some should even think about financing a paid off house. 2.0% money is a chance to turn liquid even if you just make the payments...
2.0% on a 15 year or a 30?
Also, Happy holidays to you both as well.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:39 AM

20,917 posts, read 24,824,838 times
I almost made it up to Sinless City last night, as I was looking to find a ferret, during this ferret shortage, due to ferrets being used for Covid testing, and Pet Kingdom on Trop always had them when I lived there. There's none to be had in Tucson even at the Ferret Shelter or Petco, both of which have long waiting lists to get one. When I called Pet Kingdom Thursday, they claimed to have 22 of them there, so I booked a flight for Sun. night, figuring they'd still have some by Monday noon when they opened. They selling for around $300 including tax.

I called Sunday afternoon before heading to the Airport and they were down to 3 ferrets, so I deemed it too risky as those 3 could have been sold by the time they closed at 5pm. I was planning on renting a car and driving back to Tucson paying a drop charge. Some 10 years ago they banned ferrets from flying in airplanes.

So no big loss as I can use the flight at a later date.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:05 PM

7,942 posts, read 7,730,656 times
A ferret shortage is one thing, but consider the price for ferrets pretty cheap compared to some breeds of dogs. How about charging $4,000 for a baby Pomeranian at Animal Kingdom at Arizona Mills Mall? I called up and asked about one - I thought the lady was going to say it was $1,500 or something.

She goes "try $4,500." Really. Makes the charge of $300 really look like chump change. I personally don't think any puppy should cost more than $600. In Vegas or Phoenix or Alamogordo.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:45 AM

20,917 posts, read 24,824,838 times
I'm no big dog lover, can't stand to hear the barking of a dog, but I've heard that the price of dogs today has gone airborne.

And, to adopt from the Humane Society or a Shelter, the added restrictions today, it's like adopting a baby human being. I contacted someone at the Phoenix Ferret Shelter, and to adopt, I must submit photo's of the inside of my house, fill out an application, she wants to make sure my house is ferret proofed. And then she asked what I was feeding my ferret and I told her the brand, recommended to me by the owner of the Ferret Shelter in Tucson and she cringed at the thought of feeding a ferret that "junk". She would have to make sure I bought the ferret food she buys for her ferrets, which she buys online, and I researched that brand and I ran into thumbs down on that brand.

I've heard from others in my neighborhood what a nightmare it can be today to adopt any animal. Part of the reasoning is they want to make sure the animal is not going to be abused.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:06 AM

7,942 posts, read 7,730,656 times
I'm no big dog lover, can't stand to hear the barking of a dog, but I've heard that the price of dogs today has gone airborne.

And, to adopt from the Humane Society or a Shelter, the added restrictions today, it's like adopting a baby human being. I contacted someone at the Phoenix Ferret Shelter, and to adopt, I must submit photo's of the inside of my house, fill out an application, she wants to make sure my house is ferret proofed. And then she asked what I was feeding my ferret and I told her the brand, recommended to me by the owner of the Ferret Shelter in Tucson and she cringed at the thought of feeding a ferret that "junk". She would have to make sure I bought the ferret food she buys for her ferrets, which she buys online, and I researched that brand and I ran into thumbs down on that brand.

I've heard from others in my neighborhood what a nightmare it can be today to adopt any animal. Part of the reasoning is they want to make sure the animal is not going to be abused.

I understand that - I hate it when animals are abused. I don't eat meat so I'm a vegetarian and I'm trying to go vegan. People who abuse animals suck and their day is coming to be abused by someone a lot bigger and a lot stronger than they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas