U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 01:56 AM

628 posts, read 304,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I almost made it up to Sinless City last night, as I was looking to find a ferret, during this ferret shortage, due to ferrets being used for Covid testing, and Pet Kingdom on Trop always had them when I lived there. There's none to be had in Tucson even at the Ferret Shelter or Petco, both of which have long waiting lists to get one. When I called Pet Kingdom Thursday, they claimed to have 22 of them there, so I booked a flight for Sun. night, figuring they'd still have some by Monday noon when they opened. They selling for around $300 including tax.

I called Sunday afternoon before heading to the Airport and they were down to 3 ferrets, so I deemed it too risky as those 3 could have been sold by the time they closed at 5pm. I was planning on renting a car and driving back to Tucson paying a drop charge. Some 10 years ago they banned ferrets from flying in airplanes.

So no big loss as I can use the flight at a later date.
Why is it that they like leather so much?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 02:00 AM

628 posts, read 304,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I’ve got that beat. Xeloda ... $6500 for a 30 day supply (150 pills). I was on it for 2 months. After a fight, insurance covered. It’s a cancer chemo drug.
My BOTOX 500 units is 10k.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:14 AM

12,772 posts, read 25,560,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
My BOTOX 500 units is 10k.
try goodrx. probably expensive because its considered cosmetic. do you use it for migraines?

Old 01-28-2021, 01:44 PM

17,698 posts, read 7,787,939 times
Default [B]Covid Vaccination[/B]

Been trying since the start of the year to get vaccinated.

Called the Nevada Covid Help Line today. Explained I am almost the ultimate candidate...over 80, heavy cardiac patient and dealing with peripheral neuropathy. The lady agreed but said there are no available appointments anywhere so I should continue hiding and try again next week and the weeks thereafter. She had hopes of a significant increase in supply over the next weeks.

So us older folk have to hide out for a while yet. Darn

Old 01-28-2021, 07:32 PM

994 posts, read 457,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

Called the Nevada Covid Help Line today. Explained I am almost the ultimate candidate...over 80, heavy cardiac patient and dealing with peripheral neuropathy. The lady agreed but said there are no available appointments anywhere so I should continue hiding and try again next week and the weeks thereafter. She had hopes of a significant increase in supply over the next weeks.

That's really a shame. Good luck getting it done very soon.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:27 PM

12,772 posts, read 25,560,528 times
Quote:

Same here in Florida. Going to hideout until the doc office has them...maybe 2022?

Old 01-31-2021, 12:20 AM

118 posts, read 70,978 times
Quote:

Most of the deaths that have happened with the Covid shots have been people over 70. Worse if you are frail. Get your life insurance policies up to date before you get it just in case.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:48 PM

20,924 posts, read 24,840,038 times
Seeing my Primary Dr. last week, he wanted to know if I wanted the vaccine. I then told him I ran into a woman on a forum who did get vaccinated and yet she came down with Covid. So my Dr. told me that, at least, if you get vaccinated you won't die from it!

Do you still have to wear a mask after being vaccinated? Absolutely!

Old 02-09-2021, 08:03 PM

17,698 posts, read 7,787,939 times
Default Interesting night

Monday evening wife dropped me off at 8:30 for a sleep test. Basically they hook you up to a computer and play games and decide what you need to sleep safely with Sleep Apnea.

Most interesting was having my spouse pick me up at 4:30AM.

Would have thought that even Las Vegas would have been quiet. But nope. Lots of traffic on Flamingo and 15 and 95. So the place does run 24...even more so then we would have believed.

Old 02-09-2021, 10:46 PM

23,550 posts, read 43,428,836 times
Quote:
Monday evening wife dropped me off at 8:30 for a sleep test. Basically they hook you up to a computer and play games and decide what you need to sleep safely with Sleep Apnea.

Most interesting was having my spouse pick me up at 4:30AM.

Would have thought that even Las Vegas would have been quiet. But nope. Lots of traffic on Flamingo and 15 and 95. So the place does run 24...even more so then we would have believed.
I've had a couple sleep apnea tests, they stick electrodes all over your body, your legs, your chest, your head, then wire you up to them like a science fiction movie until you look like a telephone PBX switchboard, and then expect you to relax and sleep. Hah. If lightning hits the building you wake up as Frankenstein.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas