U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 04:50 AM

56 posts, read 40,078 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I have been looking at homes for sale in Clark County for a long time. However I cannot find anything decent (i'm talking about a safe area) for under 250k. In a safe area, such as 89144, townhomes that are 10-20 years old are still for sale at around 250k. Houses are going to be more than 280k. Yes you can find a lot of 100k ish houses in 89115 but I prefer to survive to see tomorrow's sunshine. I don't want to live in an area with daily shooting news reported in local news...

So where is the absolutely cheapest cheapest area or zip code or location I can scout for townhomes/ houses in the entirety of Clark County besides 89144?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2020, 07:50 AM

4,266 posts, read 1,756,107 times
Clark County is a big area. The farther out from Las Vegas you go, the less expensive it gets. Overton still has some decent places in the $250K range. Moapa, Logandale, maybe Indian Springs if you don't mind living way out there.

Old 11-14-2020, 11:56 AM

8,490 posts, read 2,691,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gender View Post
Hi there, I have been looking at homes for sale in Clark County for a long time. However I cannot find anything decent (i'm talking about a safe area) for under 250k. In a safe area, such as 89144, townhomes that are 10-20 years old are still for sale at around 250k. Houses are going to be more than 280k. Yes you can find a lot of 100k ish houses in 89115 but I prefer to survive to see tomorrow's sunshine. I don't want to live in an area with daily shooting news reported in local news...

So where is the absolutely cheapest cheapest area or zip code or location I can scout for townhomes/ houses in the entirety of Clark County besides 89144?
Your budget is too low.

Double your budget to $500K. There are many affordable houses in the sub-$500K range.

Old 11-14-2020, 12:12 PM

16,945 posts, read 6,997,364 times
Quote:

Try west of Rainbow in the NW. There are 177 for sale under $250,000. Even some relatively new in Centennial. And at least a 100 are under $200,000. There are some things to be aware of...but most of the tracts are reasonably safe.

Old 11-14-2020, 10:08 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,947,199 times
Quote:

You spend $530 a month on rent, complain at every turn about how expensive it is in Vegas and now you want to buy a home?

Old 11-15-2020, 02:47 AM

10,353 posts, read 23,216,786 times
Try 89084. Terrasini condo's or The Courts townhomes in Aliante.

Old 11-15-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:

What is your plan to qualify for a loan and make mortgage payments? I commend you if you can pull that off...

Quote:
That's an invaluable resource that you just taught me! Nevada Health Link would be an amazing option for people who live below 138 percent of the federal poverty line.

I right now use tricare reserve select, but in a couple of years I won't be eligible anymore so I will seriously consider the Nevada Health Link.

Old 11-15-2020, 03:45 PM

56 posts, read 40,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
What is your plan to qualify for a loan and make mortgage payments? I commend you if you can pull that off...
Yeah... I just drove to Van Wagenen Street in Henderson today, months ago there was a Townhouse I really liked for sale at $119000. And Thank god I did not make any rash decisions. The illusion of home ownership is sweet and nice, but imagine paying 250 a month in HOA fees, 200 a month to Nevada Energy, Southwestern Gas and Las Vegas Valley Water District; paying yearly property taxes (nothing for Nevada which is good); and share a wall with other potentially sketchy neighbors who might blast bass heavy hip hop music all day long.

I will not be buying a 50 year old lead paint home that comes with a myriad of repair bills and stuff. Renting my tiny room for 530 a month makes me super happy. Spending 250k on a wooden cardboard box for the privilege of paying overpriced HOA fees for them to waste on watering trees is not my cup of tea.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:55 AM

5,601 posts, read 9,889,322 times
Quote:
Yeah... I just drove to Van Wagenen Street in Henderson today, months ago there was a Townhouse I really liked for sale at $119000. And Thank god I did not make any rash decisions. The illusion of home ownership is sweet and nice, but imagine paying 250 a month in HOA fees, 200 a month to Nevada Energy, Southwestern Gas and Las Vegas Valley Water District; paying yearly property taxes (nothing for Nevada which is good); and share a wall with other potentially sketchy neighbors who might blast bass heavy hip hop music all day long.

I will not be buying a 50 year old lead paint home that comes with a myriad of repair bills and stuff. Renting my tiny room for 530 a month makes me super happy. Spending 250k on a wooden cardboard box for the privilege of paying overpriced HOA fees for them to waste on watering trees is not my cup of tea.
Sure sounds like someone moved into town and decided to get annoyed at everything through posts on here.

Yeah that "box" may seem expensive but those with a little more income than you can buy it with a mortgage that including most of those costs is less than the going cost of rent in an equivalent box. The cost of that townhouse or a rental has nothing to do with what you think it's worth. It costs as much as the market is willing to pay for it and thats largely a function of how much income potential buyers can make. Your opinion of what's a fair rent or a fair cost of living in Las Vegas is completely irrelevant.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you have no understanding of home ownership. I ask again, how do you expect to pay mortgage payments? How do you expect to even qualify for a mortgage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Sure sounds like someone moved into town and decided to get annoyed at everything through posts on here.
You should see their complaints about Ohio...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas