U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 09:35 AM

326 posts, read 162,779 times

Advertisements

Not sure why people keep arguing over the vaccines. You either want it or you don't. I'll put my faith into the people who are licensed medical professionals and have spent DECADES studied this stuff. I think people who have LIMITED medical expertise and then pretend they know this stuff and then accuse medical professionals of conspiracy theories are stubborn. No disrespect.

I took the vaccine because it has EUA from the FDA and has been tested on by THOUSANDS of people. I've had the cold many times but I do not trust a virus that we've only lived with for a little over a year now.

My wife just her her second dose of Pfizer and had a worse reaction than me. I got Moderna. She got a severe headache, full body aching, and a fever. Advil helped. Started Saturday night and lasted the entire Sunday. She's feeling better now.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-26-2021, 06:35 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,571,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Fear is so powerful. Do we know what are 1 year and 3 years side affects from those vaccines?

Why people at very low risk of suffering serious illness from Covid, particularly the young and healthy, should be encouraged to take a vaccine that is being administered under an Emergency Use Authorization — in other words, before it has been fully tested and fully approved." and at your own risk without any accountability from the manufacturer of those vaccines? Why would you inject something like this in your body?
I personally know four people who died from COVID, including my friend's perfectly healthy 20 year old son. Two more I know are having debilitating long term effects, as in being out of work on and off for months.

There are risks for any vaccine or medication but there are also plenty of unknown risks to getting COVID too. Remember when you get the chicken pox virus it lives in your body forever and often expresses itself as shingles when you get older or have a depressed immune system. What will COVID do over time?

Based on what I know of the vaccine and of the virus, I thought the risk to be far lower getting vaccinated.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:01 AM

1,072 posts, read 645,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
I personally know four people who died from COVID, including my friend's perfectly healthy 20 year old son. Two more I know are having debilitating long term effects, as in being out of work on and off for months.

There are risks for any vaccine or medication but there are also plenty of unknown risks to getting COVID too. Remember when you get the chicken pox virus it lives in your body forever and often expresses itself as shingles when you get older or have a depressed immune system. What will COVID do over time?

Based on what I know of the vaccine and of the virus, I thought the risk to be far lower getting vaccinated.
Let us know if you're alive a year from now or after many update (booster) vaccines.

Old 04-27-2021, 04:33 PM

687 posts, read 542,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I have no clue. It’s completely baffling and it’s bad, irresponsible medical advice. These doctors take an oath to do no harm and they’re such spineless cowards they don’t come forward and say look if you already had Coronavirus obviously you don’t need a vaccine against something you already had. This is basic common sense and requires no level of immunology training to understand. The number of 20s and 30s who are perfectly healthy getting experimental vaccines they don’t need is truly baffling. But hey I’m sure that 18-year-old who has now had 3 brain surgeries because of the J&J vaccine sure is happy she got it! Bet her family is stoked about it too.

For me, it’s a hard pass on anything going into my body that hasn’t been studied for a decade plus. Just not gonna happen.
Wait until you hear about the risk of blood clots from birth control.

You seem to have no understanding of how viruses work.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:07 PM

I had the privilege of attending an online summit today. The company I work for was an attendee. Pfizer's CEO was one of the keynote speakers. Hearing him share his experiences with dealing with the pandemic and creating the vaccine was inspiring. He elaborated on the process on how the vaccine was made in such a quick time frame and how digitization and modern technology helped accelerated the process. I'm sure people will still argue against him but you can only do so much against people who have more fear in the vaccine and less fear against the virus.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:49 PM

More than 100K Nevadans late getting 2nd vaccine dose
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...-dose-2340186/

Millions of Americans have missed their second Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine dose appointments
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-second-doses/

Old 04-27-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
More than 100K Nevadans late getting 2nd vaccine dose
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...-dose-2340186/

Millions of Americans have missed their second Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine dose appointments
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-second-doses/

What's your point? Lotta people are scared of the side effects. More people have gotten their second dose versus those who have either missed their dose or chose not to get.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
What's your point? Lotta people are scared of the side effects. More people have gotten their second dose versus those who have either missed their dose or chose not to get.
Cmon people. Your microchip won’t work properly unless you get your second software update!
Facebook deletes a 100K plus user group that formed to record and discuss the side effects people experienced from the jab. Think about that.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:18 PM

687 posts, read 542,624 times
Quote:
Cmon people. Your microchip won’t work properly unless you get your second software update!
Facebook deletes a 100K plus user group that formed to record and discuss the side effects people experienced from the jab. Think about that.
You really should provide links.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
You really should provide links.
Facebook taking 'very aggressive measures' to remove vaccine misinformation
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/faceb...141428270.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas