U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 01:39 PM

326 posts, read 162,199 times

Advertisements

I like seeing what other experts in the field have to say when someone asserts claims in the media:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...visors-podcast
Rate this post positively

Old 05-01-2021, 05:44 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,650,406 times
Here to update. My second shot of Moderna went way easier than my first shot. Only had a red spot and soreness around the shot site. I'm relieved. I was scared to get my second dose after the first shot's side effects. I should be assimilated into the borg soon. lol

Old 05-01-2021, 06:46 PM

6,965 posts, read 7,211,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
and yet they are mandatory in the OR and in many other medical situations.
vaccination of the low risk population protects those who are high risk and cannot be vaccinated or isolated.
No, this number comes from research into the spread of TB in the 19th century.

reading is not understanding.
Not a single thing you said there is true. “Research” around TB? Hahaha either you don’t know, or you’re hoping I don’t know - it came from a German hygienist!! It wasn’t medical research dude, you really look like a fool even bringing that up which is why I’m guessing you just didn’t think I knew better so you’d throw it out there.

And no, the same studies showing masks don’t work also directly looked at masks in hospitals and said they found no evidence of any benefit, that they didn’t reduce infections during operations, and that at best masks were to be worn to protect against viscera during operations - nobody wants to cut into someone and get blood all over their face. Not a pretty sight.

There are very few people who can’t get a vaccine if they want one, and it’s certainly not the entire population’s obligation to shoot up with experimental vaccines with no long term safety data because a couple of people can’t be vaccinated. This isn’t the Borg, this is America and we are an individualist country. I don’t give two craps about anyone I don’t know or isn’t part of my area of interest. I’ll treat everyone with respect and be kind because it costs nothing, but I will never make a single decision that isn’t based on what’s best for me. Period.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
And no, the same studies showing masks don’t work also directly looked at masks in hospitals and said they found no evidence of any benefit, that they didn’t reduce infections during operations, and that at best masks were to be worn to protect against viscera during operations - nobody wants to cut into someone and get blood all over their face. Not a pretty sight.
You seem confident in what you say. Makes me very curious know. I'd like to read a couple of the studies you read that show that masks don't work. I've read so many articles saying masks help in preventing/minimizing the spread of airborne particles. You say the opposite is true.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:56 PM

2,210 posts, read 1,400,545 times
Quote:
So many mistakes. Where to begin? First, from Yale Medicine:
Quote:
David Mulligan, MD, chief of transplant surgery and immunology, knows the importance of masks even beyond the operating room. “When we make rounds, for example, on significantly immuno-compromised patients, we will have a mask on to try to help protect those patients from the spread of disease and to try to protect other patients from bringing potential pathogens like bacteria and viruses from one room to the next,” he says.
You though you knew a cool new word, viscera, but you didn't. From medicinenet:
Quote:
Viscera: The internal organs of the body, specifically those within the chest (as the heart or lungs) or abdomen (as the liver, pancreas or intestines).
The singular of "viscera" is "viscus" meaning in Latin "an organ of the body."
Nobody wants to cut into somebody and and get slapped in the face by a lung!

Finally, the German to whom I referred is Carl Flugge, a bacteriologist and hygienist who was the first chair of hygiene at the University of Gottingen and a professor at the Universities of Breslau and Berlin. His concept of droplet transmission is a part of 21st century medicine as it is well established that microorganisms in droplets expelled from the respiratory tract are a means of disease transmission.

Do a little research and cite some references that aren't anti-vax propaganda.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:26 PM

2,945 posts, read 827,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Current vaccines are garbage. Why would you inject something in your body that no one wants to take responsibility for and you have to sign that it is at your own risk. How can you people sleep at night?

“ You can't sue Pfizer or Moderna if you have severe Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won't compensate you for damages either. Under the PREP Act, companies like Pfizer and Moderna have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.”
Quote:
More than 100K Nevadans late getting 2nd vaccine dose
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...-dose-2340186/

Millions of Americans have missed their second Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine dose appointments
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-second-doses/
Quote:
Cmon people. Your microchip won’t work properly unless you get your second software update!
Facebook deletes a 100K plus user group that formed to record and discuss the side effects people experienced from the jab. Think about that.
Cmon - You think that any of this is proof of anything about the vaccines? A few trying so hard to come up with anything to point to of issues and yet can't show any proof. Think about it - where is the proof of issues for any significant number of those vaccinated.

Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM

1,034 posts, read 789,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
but I will never make a single decision that isn’t based on what’s best for me. Period.
Wow.

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

1,207 posts, read 1,569,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Wow.
I know, a lot of people in America are like that now. Certainly not the way I view my responsibility to the community.

Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM

I am genuinely curious to see a few articles to justify/support these anti-vaccine statements. Seeing more statements than articles. The closest I will see online is "masks do not 100% block virus particles but they do reduce the spread". So the wording gets twisted around and anti-vaccine people will assert that masks do not work at all. I have not seen any articles that say the vaccine is ineffective. I've read articles showing people get infected AFTER vaccination but the infection was minimal and prevented serious illness.

Last edited by Mike from back east; Yesterday at 11:04 AM.. Reason: typo: assert, not asset

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

315 posts, read 125,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
I am genuinely curious to see a few articles to justify/support these anti-vaccine statements. Seeing more statements than articles. The closest I will see online is "masks do not 100% block virus particles but they do reduce the spread". So the wording gets twisted around and anti-vaccine people will assert that masks do not work at all. I have not seen any articles that say the vaccine is ineffective. I've read articles showing people get infected AFTER vaccination but the infection was minimal and prevented serious illness.
Welcome to America in 2021. Some people in this day and age refuse to
accept scientific evidence that contradicts their beliefs or gut feelings. It is
mind boggling to me. We look back in wonder at the dark ages and have trouble
understanding how people could believe in witchcraft/burn people at the stake for it
or think the Earth was flat but these exact same people still exist today, with
different irrational beliefs.

Unfortunately, not everyone acts in the best interests of our overall community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas