U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 08:23 AM

727 posts, read 933,402 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how parking works at Cashman Center for the Covid vaccine?
Rate this post positively

Old 02-17-2021, 09:33 AM

727 posts, read 933,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
Does anyone know how parking works at Cashman Center for the Covid vaccine?
In answer to my own question there's plenty of parking at Cashman and it is very easy. There are also plenty of available appointments if you are in one of the eligible groups.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:23 AM

6,964 posts, read 7,213,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Agreed. So many conspiracy theories and hearsays floating around. Not sure why people are having trouble getting a shot. My wife is a teacher and will get clearance before getting hers. She needs an allergy test done because she has allergies. Some of her teacher friends have already gotten vaccinated. I probably won't get mine until I dunno how many months. They're still working on the 70+ group. On a positive note, new covid cases per day are dropping
Hopefully we keep seeing that so that maybe mid, late summer we can have our lives back. I have given up making any predictions, though, who knows. It would be awesome, though. But until mask mandates are lifted I won't be leaving the house, so they could resume everything and if that doesn't change to me it'll be the same thing. My dad got both shots of the vaccine, said the second was absolutely miserable, but he's 79 so I'm glad he's protected anyway.

I won't be participating, which was my view even before last week, but since I just got Coronavirus last week and probably still have it now, I don't see any need whatsoever.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:23 PM

14,200 posts, read 27,282,146 times
Got the word yesterday that the age range for shots was going down to 65+ on 2/22. So I checked around and couldn't score an appointment. Lots of places haven't up dated their sites yet to accept 65+ so even if there were appointments available it wouldn't let me register.

So just for the hell of it, I called the hotline for NV 1-800-401-0946. They told me about a walk in clinic at a HS not too far from me. I am not naming the school because yesterday was the last day the clinic would be open. They said it was perfectly OK to go get a shot, so I went.

I was prepared to wait. All together it was about 2 hours. And it was very well run. There was a soldier at the end of the line who gave me a yellow ticket. If you got a ticket, there was a dose available for you. When they ran out of tickets, you were no longer guaranteed a dose and you had to go wait for leftovers. A standby line.

There were a lot of police, military, and FEMA people there and all the registration was done on phones/tablets. No paperwork. There was a small army of volunteers cleaning and sanitizing. For me it wasn't a bad experience. The only bad thing I noticed was that if you were disabled or infirm, there was no access to seating or restrooms.

My understanding is they are doing walk in clinics all over the valley. I just happened to call at the right time. I got dose one of the Pfizer vaccine. My arm is sore today but other than that, I am fine. I got a yellow ticket but my partner arrived later than me and ended up in the standby line. But he scored a dose too. I think most of the standby people did get in. Now I wait for the second dose after 3/12.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:15 PM

315 posts, read 125,280 times
That age is still too high for me!! If I get my first shot by May, I'll be happy..
hopefully earlier...

Thanks for all the good info...so confusing knowing how to book or find an
appointment even for those eligible.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:38 PM

228 posts, read 146,424 times
TV news announced over 65 at Walgreens on Wednesday night, their website said BS, none. but at 5 Am the next day, I booked on today at 2PM, no brainer, no wait, in and out in 20 minutes.

Last edited by boatpi; 02-20-2021 at 05:53 PM..

Old 02-20-2021, 09:10 PM

917 posts, read 851,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Hopefully we keep seeing that so that maybe mid, late summer we can have our lives back. I have given up making any predictions, though, who knows. It would be awesome, though. But until mask mandates are lifted I won't be leaving the house, so they could resume everything and if that doesn't change to me it'll be the same thing. My dad got both shots of the vaccine, said the second was absolutely miserable, but he's 79 so I'm glad he's protected anyway.

I won't be participating, which was my view even before last week, but since I just got Coronavirus last week and probably still have it now, I don't see any need whatsoever.
Just because you have it now doesn't mean you can't get it again or be a carrier and infect someone, especially with the new variants popping up everywhere. Some people who have it don't have any symptoms but can still transmit it to many people that may die! This is one of the most insidious viruses in recent history. How do you think you got it? Was it maybe because you weren't wearing a mask? Do you think you could have transmitted it to anyone else?

I hope you don't have symptoms and recover with no "long hauler" issues, but getting vaccinated is not just for you, it's also for everyone you come into contact with.

Sorry to hear you have issues with wearing a mask. I hate them, but have started wearing two when out in public, it sucks!

Old 02-21-2021, 12:09 PM

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...e/art-20484859

Should I get the COVID-19 vaccine even if I've already had COVID-19?

Getting COVID-19 might offer some natural protection or immunity from reinfection with the virus that causes COVID-19. But it's not clear how long this protection lasts. Because reinfection is possible and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, it's recommended that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. If you’ve had COVID-19, you might delay vaccination until 90 days after your diagnosis. Reinfection with the virus that causes COVID-19 is uncommon in the 90 days after you are first infected.

Old 02-21-2021, 12:27 PM

14,200 posts, read 27,282,146 times
Day 2 and the soreness is going away so no big deal, at least for us. Now it is just waiting for the 2nd shot. I hope it proves to be as easy as the first one was.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:20 PM

Got my first (Pfizer) shot yesterday morning. I felt fine all day. I had two glasses of wine with dinner (and usually do a few times a week). I felt pretty bad later that night and didn't sleep well. Felt like I had a bad hangover most of the day today (I never drink enough to have a hangover). I just ate dinner (no wine, lol) and feel OK now.

I suggest not consuming alcohol after getting the shot! I talked to someone today, his wife had the second Moderna shot and had a bad reaction. She woke up in the middle of the night screaming, ran to the bathroom, passed out and hit her head on the toilet bowl. Bloody mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas