U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 12:24 PM

202 posts, read 271,569 times

Advertisements

I received my first shot at Cashman on the 18th. My appointment was for 11:30. I was on time. It took me 45 minutes from start to finish (counting the 15 minutes they want you to wait after getting the shot). They only asked for my appointment #. No insurance card, etc was asked for. I would say the lines would have moved faster if people dressed in short sleeves. I saw so many long sleeve people trying either to roll up their sleeves or pull down the collar to get their shot. Also noticed that some of those giving the shots were very efficient, while others weren't. The lady who filled out my card was nice, but put the wrong month for my birthday. Overall a positive experience.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-25-2021, 03:49 PM

17,294 posts, read 7,348,547 times
Default Finally got my first shot.

After months of failure I finally got my first shot yesterday afternoon. My cardiologist wanted me to wait for the Johnson and Johnson. But after 3 months of trying to arrange that I went for regular two shot one.

Interesting though there appears to be lots of places giving shots in the NW I ended up at the Senior Center on Racetrack in Henderson...40 miles each way.

The event itself was completely ordinary. Not even pain from the needle entry. And absolutely nothing afterwards. As some of you know I am a regular pin cushion but this was the least remarkable shot in 10 years. And a day later there is not even a tingle from the shot.

And to our Henderson contingent the Henderson workers and volunteers did an absolutely wonderful job. They made it almost a pleasant experience, Very well organized and everyone was extremely nice to us.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:22 AM

14,200 posts, read 27,282,146 times
Glad to hear you got the shot! Now you wait again but at least you will get it done.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:04 AM

315 posts, read 125,280 times
I finally got my appointment. I thought I signed up on some waiting
lists but heard nothing. I guess he was tracking the latest news and saw
I was finally eligible. (no special tier, no health issues) . He must have
been looking a lot for me as he got me booked. My appointment
is next week in Sun City, Summerlin. (definitely not my demographic
but very close to where I live...only a 10 min drive).

I'm relieved as I didn't think I'd be able to get in until sometime in
May and have a convention I want to attend in Utah at the end of
June. There was some talk that participants will have to show COVID
vaccination or negative COVID test so I wasn't sure I'd be able to
book the trip.

I heard people say Cashman is an option if you show up at 5am and
wait. I'd probably be one of those people that waiting in line and that
can't get it. Having a guaranteed appointment is nice.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:47 AM

195 posts, read 322,786 times
We (I’m 36, hubby is 31, no underlying conditions) pre-registered with UNLV a couple weeks ago when the April 5 opening to anyone 18+ was announced. Surprisingly, we both got an email Tuesday evening inviting us to make an appointment immediately and we got our first Moderna doses yesterday at the Student Union on Maryland Pkwy. Staff said that they had pretty much nobody booked for appointments this week so they went ahead and started scheduling those who’d pre-registered rather than sit around doing nothing for a week until Apr 5 rolled around. Pleasant, easy experience, in and out in 30 mins including wait period after the jab.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:32 AM

11,336 posts, read 7,424,940 times
Second Pfizer shot received at Heritage Park Senior Center. No side effects so far knock on wood.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:30 AM

6,964 posts, read 7,213,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpcoe View Post
That's my question, too. The "one and done" aspect is very appealing.
If many years from now this isn’t over with, that’s the only vaccine I’d consider. At least it isn’t some experimental mRNA vaccine, but just an old fashioned almost flu vaccine. Plus I wouldn’t go get two shots for anything let alone something so minor I already had lol.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:19 PM

326 posts, read 162,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
If many years from now this isn’t over with, that’s the only vaccine I’d consider. At least it isn’t some experimental mRNA vaccine, but just an old fashioned almost flu vaccine. Plus I wouldn’t go get two shots for anything let alone something so minor I already had lol.
Every vaccine is experimental including J&J. They create these vaccines based on existing knowledge that the vaccine *should* work. The flu vaccine can be modified due to new strains happening. We don't get the same flu shot every year.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:10 PM

884 posts, read 1,695,980 times
I got my second dose of Pfizer a few days ago at the Cashman Center. Extremely quick, probably 20-25 minutes tops including the waiting period.

My arm was a little sore, but less than the first shot. I also had a mild headache for a few hours late in the afternoon into early evening. All side effects were completely gone the next day.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:04 AM

326 posts, read 162,779 times
Default Feeling the side effects of the vaccine a few days after you get the dose?

This isn't about me but about someone I know. Is it normal to feel the side effects of the vaccine a few days after getting the dose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas