U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 03:46 PM

326 posts, read 162,779 times

Advertisements

Got my 2nd dose of Moderna on Saturday morning. Drank a bottle of water afterwards. Drank 5 bottles of water the entire day, which is the most I've ever drank. Really wanted to prevent any bad side effects. Started to feel a headache around 2:30pm. Took Tylenol which had very little effect. Laid down on the couch which made the headache worse. Felt like I was suffering from a hangover. Took Motrin at 5pm, which zapped the headache away (I love the power of ibuprofen). Felt a little tired and slept a little early. Woke up the this morning (Sunday morning) with no aches or pains. Arm was a little sore but I could still move it around. Felt groggy but overall, I was ok. Took another motrin but as I write this post in the afternoon, I'm feeling good. I'm guessing drinking water helped? Or my immune system reacts to foreign invaders in a very silent way. Will see if I get any side effects in the coming days. I definitely felt more after the 2nd dose but wasn't as bad as others have described.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-11-2021, 04:43 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,650,406 times
That's a big relief. ^ Thx! I hope it's the same for me with the second dose being less worse than the first.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:13 PM

12,680 posts, read 25,206,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Got my 2nd dose of Moderna on Saturday morning. Drank a bottle of water afterwards. Drank 5 bottles of water the entire day, which is the most I've ever drank. Really wanted to prevent any bad side effects. Started to feel a headache around 2:30pm. Took Tylenol which had very little effect. Laid down on the couch which made the headache worse. Felt like I was suffering from a hangover. Took Motrin at 5pm, which zapped the headache away (I love the power of ibuprofen). Felt a little tired and slept a little early. Woke up the this morning (Sunday morning) with no aches or pains. Arm was a little sore but I could still move it around. Felt groggy but overall, I was ok. Took another motrin but as I write this post in the afternoon, I'm feeling good. I'm guessing drinking water helped? Or my immune system reacts to foreign invaders in a very silent way. Will see if I get any side effects in the coming days. I definitely felt more after the 2nd dose but wasn't as bad as others have described.
I wish I could take ibuprofen, but I can't due to heart issues and blood thinners.. You are correct, Tylenol does nothing... I had my 2nd shot (moderna) on Saturday... Still having side effects. Not feeling good at all ... (head ache, nausea, arm pain, and soooooo sleepy)

Old 04-14-2021, 09:48 AM

917 posts, read 851,137 times
I'm still having shoulder pain after getting the first Pfizer shot on 2/24. Can't sleep on my left side, certain things I do cause cause it to hurt. Thank heaven it's not bad, but it sure is annoying. Going to see my doctor in a few weeks, I hope there is something he can do.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6347325/

Old 04-18-2021, 03:17 PM

Default Where do people get COVID from?

Putting aside politics and any "the data is fake. this virus is fake" comments, where do that small chunk of people that test positive for COVID get the virus from? Are there business owners who are not enforcing health protocol? Are there people who go out and get in physical contact with others without a mask? I'm just curious. This is happening on a daily basis.

Old 04-18-2021, 03:58 PM

175 posts, read 305,548 times
I know several people who had it. 2 think they got it from work, since they are close to others all day and co-workers also got sick the same time. Another got it from church. She sat masked and 6 feet apart. A few days later she and a bunch of other people that attended services were all very sick. It seems "most" people have been in close contact with others in smaller places for long periods of time. The CDC doesn't even recommend sanitizing much anymore. They say it is rare to get it from surfaces and the main source is closeness in poorly ventilated places.

Old 04-18-2021, 04:34 PM

14,464 posts, read 11,766,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Putting aside politics and any "the data is fake. this virus is fake" comments, where do that small chunk of people that test positive for COVID get the virus from? Are there business owners who are not enforcing health protocol? Are there people who go out and get in physical contact with others without a mask? I'm just curious. This is happening on a daily basis.
It can be from anybody. It is a very sneaky virus that can be spread by people with no symptoms. Anyone you spend time with can give it to you. It doesn't matter if they are friends/family or strangers on the train. Anybody can give it to you at any time with no warning at all.

But most commonly it happens when you are indoors close to others without masks. Eating lunch or dinner with friends/family, visiting, etc. is enough to do it. I have heard lots of stories about people being very cautious but then let their guard down over something like this, and .......BAM.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieRose View Post
I know several people who had it. 2 think they got it from work, since they are close to others all day and co-workers also got sick the same time. Another got it from church. She sat masked and 6 feet apart. A few days later she and a bunch of other people that attended services were all very sick. It seems "most" people have been in close contact with others in smaller places for long periods of time. The CDC doesn't even recommend sanitizing much anymore. They say it is rare to get it from surfaces and the main source is closeness in poorly ventilated places.
She still got the virus even with a mask on and doing social distancing? I would imagine being in the same place with other people while opening your mouth and singing and praying for 30-45 mins would pose a high risk.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:49 PM

895 posts, read 372,521 times
I can think of three friends that got it and all three are big drinkers (I am not throwing stones here) with active social lives (one in Cali even had a local bar open throughout the shutdown that he frequented). It seems to me being in social situations like that, with drinks, without masks, and you have a bad combination. As much as I want clubs being fully open I think that is one area to bring back slowly.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:13 PM

2,566 posts, read 3,570,972 times
i got it from DH. where did he get it from? not entirely sure. could've been from his job; could've been from the grocery store. all he had was a slight cough - was the person who gave it to him asymptomatic? he wasn't around any sick people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas