Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 09:10 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times

Advertisements

Clark county has said shots for 70+ since 1/22. No changes. https://www.immunizenevada.org/count...9-vaccine-plan

Yesterday Boulder City, also in Clark County, has announced shots for 65+. But only for Boulder City residents. https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/bould...8312be0ac.html

Am I misunderstanding something? I thought we were told it was on a county basis, not city.

Does anyone know why this is happening? If anything, the risk of contracting COVID would be lower in BC. Lower infection rate, and fewer deaths too.

Old 01-30-2021, 12:38 PM

I am not a rabid conspiracy theorist. Promise.

On another forum where the vaccines were being discussed, a friend of mine who used to live here popped right up and said she had an idea why BC was able to vaccinate 65yo people. A doctor and well connected state senator, also chief of the BC hospital, is taking care of his constituents.

I didn't think that was supposed to be possible.

Old 01-30-2021, 02:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
It is interesting. I am in the ultimate group - over 80 and a cardiac patient. Been trying since the first of the year to get an appointment. Tried the Nevada vaccine hot line early this week trying to find a place where I could make an appointment. The lady there told me there were no open appointments anywhere but she had hopes there would be some open next week or in the weeks thereafter. She said there was a good chance of bigger vaccine deliveries to Nevada.

So basically BC is opening to lesser groups while some of us in the highest risk group cannot get an appointment. Makes no sense.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:32 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,709,719 times
Two of my friends over 70 got the first dose a week or so ago. I'm 67 and would like to get it asap but I doubt it would change my habits, I'm too paranoid of getting it. I don't go out for much but groceries and sometimes take out food. That makes me nervous, but I can't eat my own cooking every night.

With the new variants showing up, looks like I'll start wearing two masks to go anywhere.

I'm lucky, I have a "work from home" job, but I'm tired of working so much and not doing anything else. I moved to Vegas for the weather, entertainment and restaurants. At least the weather hasn't disappointed me. I came from Chicago where there was even more to do, but the weather sucked. Now you can't do anything there either and the weather still sucks, lol.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
It is interesting. I am in the ultimate group - over 80 and a cardiac patient. Been trying since the first of the year to get an appointment. Tried the Nevada vaccine hot line early this week trying to find a place where I could make an appointment. The lady there told me there were no open appointments anywhere but she had hopes there would be some open next week or in the weeks thereafter. She said there was a good chance of bigger vaccine deliveries to Nevada.

So basically BC is opening to lesser groups while some of us in the highest risk group cannot get an appointment. Makes no sense.

You are right. You should have had your first shot already!

Old 02-01-2021, 06:40 AM

107 posts, read 138,467 times
I'm seeing a lot of newscasts and social media posts with smiling faces getting their shots who sure don't look in their 70s. I'm a veteran in a supposedly high risk group and all I've read from the VA is "don't call us, we'll call you". I'm patiently waiting my turn, but something's not right somewhere...

Old 02-01-2021, 06:01 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,900 times
i just read that OJ got his covid shot. i'm sorry, why did he get his before i got mine??? this is BS

Old 02-01-2021, 06:06 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
i just read that OJ got his covid shot. i'm sorry, why did he get his before i got mine??? this is BS
Hey Cre8lite...me too. How in the hell does such a ne'er-do-well manage to score while we of the ancient class have to continue hiding out.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:35 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
I laughed at the above Chicago comment. I feel the same, moved here in 2019 for weather, entertainment, and restaurants. Sat in my pool every single day almost of last summer and it was amazing - April through the week before Thanksgiving! I just heated it up in November and since it was still in the 70s, I figured why not? It wasn’t as ideal as the summer but I wasn’t going to miss out. So yes, at least the weather hasn’t disappointed but I’m on the opposite end - I’m 38, I’d put my physical fitness level against most athletes my age, I work out 6 times a week and bench 300, I do intense cardio, I take my vitamin D regularly. I’m more worried about getting struck by lightning than having any issues with Coronavirus. But I can’t wear masks, so I’m as stuck at home as a 90-year-old with one lung and three heart issues lol. I’m one of those people the media doesn’t like to talk about but we exist (thanks to social media I know that) where masks just don’t take. It’s dry heaving, gagging, then vomit within 3 minutes. Not a pretty sight. The stale, humid air and cloth against my breathing apparatuses (lol) creates a feedback loop that ends in disaster. So at home I stay until things return to normal.

But fortunately for me, business is awesome, I have a stack of 40+ video games I haven’t played, I have a home gym, got the backyard, every streaming service, the wife, frankly I don’t even care that much about leaving the house. I care, but less than most, so I’m more annoyed than actually bothered.

Hopefully when the vaccines have their effect and whatnot we will eventually get back our sanity.

Old 02-02-2021, 07:31 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I laughed at the above Chicago comment. I feel the same, moved here in 2019 for weather, entertainment, and restaurants. Sat in my pool every single day almost of last summer and it was amazing - April through the week before Thanksgiving! I just heated it up in November and since it was still in the 70s, I figured why not? It wasn’t as ideal as the summer but I wasn’t going to miss out. So yes, at least the weather hasn’t disappointed but I’m on the opposite end - I’m 38, I’d put my physical fitness level against most athletes my age, I work out 6 times a week and bench 300, I do intense cardio, I take my vitamin D regularly. I’m more worried about getting struck by lightning than having any issues with Coronavirus. But I can’t wear masks, so I’m as stuck at home as a 90-year-old with one lung and three heart issues lol. I’m one of those people the media doesn’t like to talk about but we exist (thanks to social media I know that) where masks just don’t take. It’s dry heaving, gagging, then vomit within 3 minutes. Not a pretty sight. The stale, humid air and cloth against my breathing apparatuses (lol) creates a feedback loop that ends in disaster. So at home I stay until things return to normal.

But fortunately for me, business is awesome, I have a stack of 40+ video games I haven’t played, I have a home gym, got the backyard, every streaming service, the wife, frankly I don’t even care that much about leaving the house. I care, but less than most, so I’m more annoyed than actually bothered.

Hopefully when the vaccines have their effect and whatnot we will eventually get back our sanity.
I’m a bit older than you..but you mentioned video games. I bought the Oculus Quest 2 VR setup and I’m amazed (I’m from the Atari era). Never in a million years did I think I’d be killing zombies on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas