Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 07:57 AM

1,334 posts, read 645,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
i got it from DH. where did he get it from? not entirely sure. could've been from his job; could've been from the grocery store. all he had was a slight cough - was the person who gave it to him asymptomatic? he wasn't around any sick people
What's DH?

Old 04-19-2021, 09:00 AM

143 posts, read 98,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
What's DH?
Pretty sure she meant "Dear Husband."

Old 04-19-2021, 03:23 PM

2,844 posts, read 4,512,052 times
^^ yep

Old 04-21-2021, 04:36 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,328,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
You are right. You should have had your first shot already!
Well I made it. Got my second shot yesterday.

And like the first absolutely no reaction. I did feel the shot this time which I did not on the first shot. But just a mild pin prick. And that was it.

A wild bureaucracy that kept screwing me up...but in the end a nice lady bureaucrat fixed it for me...and it worked.

Got my first at the Henderson Senior Center. 40 miles from home. But they did a great job.

The Second was at the CSN campus in east NLV. Again a very nice job. Staffed by the NG and very well run.

The second turned out to be interesting trip. Though we now knew every section of Las Vegas. We don't. We journeyed from the NW to the college on Cheyenne. Very familiar route until we passed Decatur. Then miles and miles of stuff that has obviously been constructed in the last 20 years.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:46 PM

395 posts, read 272,018 times
I really liked the set-up at Sun City Summerlin (SCS#2).
Unfortunately, I can't find an appointment there after
April 29th for my second shot. I'm holding a slot on Monday
May 1st for the convention center but I'd much rather
go back to Sun City Summerlin.

Old 04-24-2021, 04:41 PM

1,334 posts, read 645,456 times
Sisolak is setting June 1st as the day businesses go 100% capacity. I will feel more comfortable once the amount of people fully vaccinated reaches 60%. There are some businesses who don't care at all about enforcing protocol. They just open their place up and let people walk in and set down anywhere. I mean....at least wait till majority of people in the county are fully vaccinated, then we can treat COVID like it's the cold that we all get every year.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:44 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,328,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
I really liked the set-up at Sun City Summerlin (SCS#2).
Unfortunately, I can't find an appointment there after
April 29th for my second shot. I'm holding a slot on Monday
May 1st for the convention center but I'd much rather
go back to Sun City Summerlin.
My advice is close the deal as quickly a possible. There is this mask of chaos over the process...so get it done.

And it can get scary...

Two days after the 2nd shot I woke up this AM mildly short of breath. Checked pulse---35 to 45 bpm. That is of course Tachycardia. Actually Brady Tachycardia. Kind of different in that I am a Brady.

Has improved during the day but still a little scary. Email off to the Cardiologist as to whether I should panic... no reply yet .

Not surprising...He has wanted to put in a pace maker for the last couple of years. I suspect he is about to win... I expect he will want one of these three way devices that cost $100,000.

My only defense is I claim I am worth it. Though I actually worry if that is true.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:01 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,221,977 times
I admire all of you who took those experimental vaccines that have been cooked in a few months and approved for "emergency use only". Thx for being a test.
Good Luck!

Old 04-25-2021, 06:06 AM

901 posts, read 1,897,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
I admire all of you who took those experimental vaccines that have been cooked in a few months and approved for "emergency use only". Thx for being a test.
Good Luck!
Roughly 10% of those who contract COVID experience long term complications including brain fog, lung damage, and heart ailments among a variety of other issues. These “long haul” problems are affecting all demographics, not just the elderly or those with pre-existing conditions.

Pick your poison, but I’ll take my chances with the vaccine. Good luck to you too!

Old 04-25-2021, 08:23 AM

223 posts, read 156,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Good Luck!
Well, if a variant comes that is resistant the vaccines, we can then thank you for causing more lock downs.

I’ll share this with you and anyone else who is not sure about the vaccines;

“You have your proof in terms of efficacy and safety,” Offit said. If you are still refusing, “then that’s because you’re not a skeptic anymore. You’re a cynic.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/khn.org...d-so-fast/amp/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas