U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 08:57 PM

867 posts, read 351,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You lose my friend. Anthem in Henderson is actually a degree cooler than Summerlin in the winter. Dig around a little bit. It is all a question of altitude. And Anthem is a bit higher than Summerlin.
Aren't the temps in Summerlin typically cooler than any part of Henderson though!? Just the way the mountains, elevation, winds, etc... work!? I could be wrong but I thought Summerlin NORMALLY is the coolest spot in the valley!?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 09:10 PM

17,192 posts, read 7,219,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Aren't the temps in Summerlin typically cooler than any part of Henderson though!? Just the way the mountains, elevation, winds, etc... work!? I could be wrong but I thought Summerlin NORMALLY is the coolest spot in the valley!?
You have to careful how you ask.

Henderson over all has a large area on the bottom of the valley. If you use that Summerlln will be cooler.

But that is simply running bottom of the valley against well up.

If however you do Summerlin against Anthem it turns around and Anthem is a bit cooler. Simply altitude.

The reality is that they are very similar...and the climate in good Henderson and Summerlin are very close to the same.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
You have to careful how you ask.

Henderson over all has a large area on the bottom of the valley. If you use that Summerlln will be cooler.

But that is simply running bottom of the valley against well up.

If however you do Summerlin against Anthem it turns around and Anthem is a bit cooler. Simply altitude.

The reality is that they are very similar...and the climate in good Henderson and Summerlin are very close to the same.
I think we need Justin Bruce to weigh in on this!

Old 03-23-2021, 06:31 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,042,752 times
Quote:
You lose my friend. Anthem in Henderson is actually a degree cooler than Summerlin in the winter. Dig around a little bit. It is all a question of altitude. And Anthem is a bit higher than Summerlin.
This is not correct information. If we are basing off the highest elevation homes in Summerlin and Anthem, Summerlin is higher elevation, and typically cooler temperature-wise. The highest current homes in Summerlin can be found at 3,570 feet, approximately. Anthem highest elevation homes top out at 3,180 feet, approximately. In both areas, these are the top of the top, almost all the homes in the area are below that in elevation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Joe, yes you are correct. Summerlin is typically cooler, if you are west of the 215 beltway. It (Summerlin as a whole) also has more vegetation and grassy areas than most of the metro, which also keeps temps cooler. lvmensch is mistaken on the matter. I've tracked a 10 degree drop in temperature when leaving DTLV heading up to Summerlin West certain days. It can be significant at times.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:28 PM

6,835 posts, read 7,121,841 times
Code Stemi with the correct response. I'm not sure why facts need to be argued so much, like this isn't a difficult thing to figure out. Everyone knows it. If you have friends in Henderson and friends in Summerlin, you figure this out quickly. My wife shoots various photo sessions all around the Valley and many of the times it's in Summerlin, it's virtually always cooler. Obviously if it's 108 there and 112 in Henderson, both are just hot, so it's not a big deal I guess, but if we're talking about the facts it's still a difference. We didn't get ANY snow in Henderson this last year, Summerlin got a good amount.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:18 AM

Sorry guys you are incorrect. Now the comparison is misleading in that it compares two different sizes of master plan but it is correct that Summerlin is warmer than Anthem.

https://www.google.com/search?q=seas...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 03-25-2021, 11:25 AM

The OP is about how one rates Summerlin and I still rate it very high!

Old 03-25-2021, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry guys you are incorrect. Now the comparison is misleading in that it compares two different sizes of master plan but it is correct that Summerlin is warmer than Anthem.

lvmensch, perhaps you don't realize your very links are working against you? Those links favor what I, Joe, and Jonathan have been saying all along. Summerlin is cooler temperature wise, going off your own listed averages. Anthem is warmer going off the listed links. You proved yourself wrong. May be a hard pill to swallow.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Stemi View Post
lvmensch, perhaps you don't realize your very links are working against you? Those links favor what I, Joe, and Jonathan have been saying all along. Summerlin is cooler temperature wise, going off your own listed averages. Anthem is warmer going off the listed links. You proved yourself wrong. May be a hard pill to swallow.
Could be hard but no need...

Summerlin winter low temperatures (Dec, Jan, Feb) 36,37, 40.

Anthem winter low temperatures (Dec, Jan, Feb) 35,35, 39

From the links showing Anthem is slightly cooler than Summerlin.

Not a big deal but clear.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Could be hard but no need...

Summerlin winter low temperatures (Dec, Jan, Feb) 36,37, 40.

Anthem winter low temperatures (Dec, Jan, Feb) 35,35, 39

From the links showing Anthem is slightly cooler than Summerlin.

Not a big deal but clear.
From this point on I'll take your posts regarding weather (and other topics) with a grain of salt. Facts are only valid when they favor you being correct, it seems. This doesn't change my mind, or the truth of the matter (which you continue to deny).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: